Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > Adventure B.C. > General outdoor Discussion

General outdoor Discussion For any outdoor adventure. Trail talk, camping, skiing, hiking, etc If itís outside and fun talk about it here.

Old 08-07-2009, 11:42 AM
I edited my own title, I'm a big boy now

'Balmer Good newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by barracuda View Post
what has G C got to do with crack heads? the immigration issues have been the result of fed design from decades ago , the lax drug attitude and penalties imposed by limpwristed judges is a westcoast curse and has been here for decades again.

Sorry but you cant twist this into a political debate without looking at the damage done by the previous govt's.
If you recall the NDP fucked this province when the rest of the world was flourishing and considering the damage done by them (we were a go to place for addicts in canada) we are better off then we would be with the other choices .

the problem lies with the people and the belief that the govt will bail them out.
judges and polititions need to be accountable and reflect the peoples values or they are ousted.

We have let the powers go unchecked for so long that we are really at the mercy of the machine.

we have no one to blame but ourselves
Generally I agree with this guy, but harsher sentencing and changing laws are illusions of an answer. We must take responsibilty and educate our families and friends, support those you know who are following a shitty path or are at risk of doing so, encourage them to take responsibility for their desicions. Be a part of the solution, bitching is only effective when it's the catalyst for actual change.

Just sayin'
Old 08-07-2009, 12:07 PM
Having FUN IN B.C.
Swollen Member

hamberger bad newbie
[blah

Here's the answer.
Attached Images

'88 4Runner with some secret weapons
Old 08-07-2009, 01:07 PM
Albatross
Swollen Member

barracuda bad newbie
I understand what you mean and the reality of it is i dont think there is any one answer or cure for the issues.

The method of apeasment and treatment etc only works for those worth saveing . The very method you are describing is the one that has not been working as effectivly as most would like to believe anywhere in the world when it comes to certain hard drugs.

There are plenty of folks that are functioning addicts as well as some that are good people that have made bad choices and then there are the ones that perpetuate misery and endanger the public because of Greed or Addiction.

You can only save the ones that want to be saved and with the others you have to insulate yourself from them.

How can you protect yourself and loved ones from people that dont care about anyone but themselves?
Do you put them in cages to protect the public?
Do you try to help them see the error of thier ways?
How many chances do you give them?

You lock your doors,you fence your yards and you have a hired henchman (911 dial-a-prayer) to make sure that peace and order is kept so you and your belongings are safe. (funny how to be safe you have to imprison yourself)

An appointed judge that has no concept of what normal folks are dealing with can decide to let a criminal of whatever offence go because they have a better view from thier ivory tower?

That person is now back on the street being a danger to decent folks and they care only about themselves .

Judges are not held accountable by the very people they are meant to serve and our judicial system is not reflective of the wants of the people.(if that were true Marijuana would be legal)

how about all the drug addled addicts be housed in a halfway house on the judges street and then lets see if they still hand out sentances that dont work.

I believe for Some drug related offences (like other hard offences that are a threat to others) the only way to protect the public is to remove the offender.

Today thats all i got , but if someone has the answer with guarantee of effectiveness then i would be all for it no matter what it was

Last edited by barracuda : 08-07-2009 at 01:21 PM.
Old 08-07-2009, 01:12 PM
Albatross
Swollen Member

barracuda bad newbie
what the hell lets make it a free for all when it comes to drugs , addictions and see what happens . if it doesnt work out we can always round them all up and send them to the prison colony of newfoundland
Old 08-07-2009, 02:19 PM
never go full
Swollen Member

Evan the Blue bad newbie
The judges have there hands tied due to weak laws that are enacted by stupid politicians and a lack of anywhere to put these people, once again thank your MLA. You want a solution? Open more mental health institutions, or better yet reopen the ones we are closing ??? That is what our forefathers did .... your crazy ... you get locked up till the Dr. says your not ... no sentences, no parole. Our jails have become defacto mental wards and now there is no room for the people who actually belong there, so they just keep going round and round. Tell your MLA that we need more institutions and allow the judges the ability to actually sentience people to reasonable terms. Or we might have bands of vigilantes randomly kicking the crap out of people who may or may not deserve it. I had a conversation ... make that argument with my Pops the other day (he is a retired Lawyer and Crown Prosecutor) about virtually this exact topic and I was trying to say that the judges should just make a stand and ignore the fact that there is no room for anyone in our jails. Just sentience these fucktards to a term that they deserve or send them to the mental institutions despite the lack of room. Let the politicians explain why there is no room for them. He said that there is a bit of a code among the the judicial system not say anything and not defend themselves ... not sure why that is ??? I guess because they want to be seen as independent from the whole political scene ... not that I could blame them for that but some one needs to stand up and explain to people what the hell is really going on so that when they want to open up a new jail everyone doesn't stand up then and say "not in my neighborhood". Which is fine I can understand that, but we have to stick these people somewhere .... and I would rather them behind bars in my neighborhood than on the street corner in my neighbourhood.

My rant for the day ... thanks
Old 08-07-2009, 02:30 PM
All The FIBC women love my
Swollen Member

Apathy Good newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamberger View Post
[blah

Here's the answer.
Work Brings Freedom?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happypants View Post
Salty as usual
Old 08-07-2009, 03:03 PM
I edited my own title, I'm a big boy now

'Balmer Good newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan the Blue View Post
The judges have there hands tied due to weak laws that are enacted by stupid politicians and a lack of anywhere to put these people, once again thank your MLA. You want a solution? Open more mental health institutions, or better yet reopen the ones we are closing ??? That is what our forefathers did .... your crazy ... you get locked up till the Dr. says your not ... no sentences, no parole. Our jails have become defacto mental wards and now there is no room for the people who actually belong there, so they just keep going round and round. Tell your MLA that we need more institutions and allow the judges the ability to actually sentience people to reasonable terms. Or we might have bands of vigilantes randomly kicking the crap out of people who may or may not deserve it. I had a conversation ... make that argument with my Pops the other day (he is a retired Lawyer and Crown Prosecutor) about virtually this exact topic and I was trying to say that the judges should just make a stand and ignore the fact that there is no room for anyone in our jails. Just sentience these fucktards to a term that they deserve or send them to the mental institutions despite the lack of room. Let the politicians explain why there is no room for them. He said that there is a bit of a code among the the judicial system not say anything and not defend themselves ... not sure why that is ??? I guess because they want to be seen as independent from the whole political scene ... not that I could blame them for that but some one needs to stand up and explain to people what the hell is really going on so that when they want to open up a new jail everyone doesn't stand up then and say "not in my neighborhood". Which is fine I can understand that, but we have to stick these people somewhere .... and I would rather them behind bars in my neighborhood than on the street corner in my neighbourhood.

Very good points... Mental health care is severely lacking and this is probably the root of many social issues in our communities.
I think this is a decent thread with some valuble opinions.
Old 08-07-2009, 03:25 PM
Having FUN IN B.C.
Swollen Member

hamberger bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathy View Post
Work Brings Freedom?
Yes! If you don't recognize the photo, it is Auschwitz.
Give them all a pick and shovel and work them 'till they sweat the poison out.
And I don't mean just the addicts but the dealers and all involved in the drug trade.

A more accurate translation is "Hard work free's the soul"

'88 4Runner with some secret weapons
Old 08-07-2009, 03:28 PM
Albatross
Swollen Member

barracuda bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan the Blue View Post

I agree with what you are saying, we actually have a ton of laws on the books right now, it isnt that the laws are weak or any lack of them nor is it the ability to convict.

It is that the sentancing guidlines that many judges adhere to and the fact that there is no accountability means that judges can make choices that do not reflect the values of society.

Mental health units are one place to place some of these folks and prison is another.
Prisons and hospitals are built because there is a need, the need does not lesson just because we decide we are not gonna build them.
Just like building more hospitals or prisons is not going to increase the amount of criminals or sick people.

Playing catchup with our needs seems to be very commmon.

Either way, A judge by chooseing not to do what they should for any reason other then Justice is a perversion of the very thing they claim to stand for.
the judge has the power within the law to hand out appropriate sentances .

They are appointed and have a pretty good gig so why would they want to change it. It is an incestuas little community in which no judge wants to make a choice contrary to the opinions of collegues or rock the judge carreer boat so to speak.

A judge that routenly gives light sentances (by the publics standards)for convictions should not hold the position .

I still think newfoundland would make a prison colony
Old 08-08-2009, 09:21 PM
ewwww mustard is gross
Swollen Member

mus-Tard Unknown Newbie
think about all the people that are strugling with cancer or another illness and are about to die and dont want to. now these people are poisining them selves and are causing just as much damage and it is self induced.

l saw a dead crackhead today police tape around laying on the grass, he was all blue with no shirt. down at cordova and gore in the downtown east side.
l guess it is some kind of salvation.

and l sure as hell am not to blame for it.
Old 08-09-2009, 12:19 PM
Outback adventurer

lester Good newbie
nah baffin island would be better that way if they can survie the cold they have the bears to deal with then they have to arctic waters to cross if they want off its a win win situation we help the bear population in the artic and get rid if the criminals
Old 08-09-2009, 11:49 PM
time to switch to whiskey

kamloopsyota bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by apefrill View Post
That's why I love the okanagan. Stay away from the downtown core and you're pretty much safe....but don't get any ideas....we're full!
are you talking about downtown kelowna?