Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > Adventure B.C. > General outdoor Discussion

General outdoor Discussion For any outdoor adventure. Trail talk, camping, skiing, hiking, etc If itís outside and fun talk about it here.

Old 03-23-2009, 09:21 AM
Meeshies

If you don't like your alarms going off at 4 am, disable them or get the sensitivity fixed.

Quote:
um, maybe its FUCKING ANNOYING, when your in bed trying to sleep cause you have to get up at 4in the morning, having some dumb ass come driving by setting off car alarms...

I like being able to hear bikes coming, makes me feel safer knowning that I can hear/see them.

Too many ppl have died, get over it. The issues isn't the loud exhaust or pipes, the issue is sensitive alarms and their owners looking down on everyone else, cause it's everyone else's fault but their own. Quit bitching, get ur alarm fixed.

And bikers, Ride on!
Old 03-23-2009, 12:22 PM
Prospect

nightcrawler Unknown Newbie
haha just fitted my new pipes uh but there not that quiet
Old 03-23-2009, 12:46 PM
Albatross
Swollen Member

barracuda bad newbie
loud pipes saves lives is a piss poor justification for boy racer wannebees when it comes to MC's.
Its the insecure Lions roar trying to convince everyone that they really are king of the beasts instead of just being.

Even a loud bike is tough to hear unless it is a low freq noise (big twin or big single) that is able to make it through the sound deadening of new cars never mind loud stereos and the occasional hearing impaired person .

By the time most hear a ricerocket and locate the noise the risk is allready there for the biker unless they are driveing aware . Very often a bike is aproaching traffic to pass and startles the driver even if the bike is loud.

if you count on the noise of your bike to help then you are a fool.

Learn to drive aware and never ever expect to have someone notice you on a bike.

If you cant accept the risk of rideing a bike then dont ride one

But dont make everyone else suffer for you insecureities.

Last edited by barracuda : 03-23-2009 at 12:56 PM.
Old 03-23-2009, 02:42 PM
das Zukenstein

sj-x 500 bad newbie
who here has been cut off BY a biker?

used to happen to me all the time going from vernon to kelowna, usually when they try to dart around you in a no passing lane, entering lake country, where it necks down from 4 lanes to 2, or anytime there is a light.

the people that chant loud pipes save lives, often are the ones that drive like retards, and figure bikes can split lanes when ever they feel like it.
Old 03-23-2009, 03:10 PM
loosing pavement gives me a
Swollen Member

Trailjunkie Good newbie
Quote:
loud pipes saves lives is a piss poor justification for boy racer wannebees when it comes to MC's.
Its the insecure Lions roar trying to convince everyone that they really are king of the beasts instead of just being.

Even a loud bike is tough to hear unless it is a low freq noise (big twin or big single) that is able to make it through the sound deadening of new cars never mind loud stereos and the occasional hearing impaired person .

By the time most hear a ricerocket and locate the noise the risk is allready there for the biker unless they are driveing aware . Very often a bike is aproaching traffic to pass and startles the driver even if the bike is loud.

Learn to drive aware and never ever expect to have someone notice you on a bike.

i road several bikes for several years and didnt ride like a dumnass ,most the guys i see here ride a million klicks an hour weaving in andout of cars then exspect every one to see or here them. grow up. take responcibility for your actions!

Last edited by Trailjunkie : 03-23-2009 at 03:16 PM.
Old 03-23-2009, 04:07 PM
totem pole
Swollen Member

T-donk bad newbie
loud pipes===good thats all i have to say bout that

Go DEEP or Go HOME!!
Old 03-25-2009, 02:50 PM
Prospect

Spedley Good newbie
LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES!
Old 03-25-2009, 04:04 PM
Now I see what FIBC is about

T-Kase Unknown Newbie
I'd have to say good defensive wakeful riding/driving is what saves lives.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:11 PM
Prospect

nebowe Unknown Newbie
Hey let's face it. It depends on how ya drive. I'm not gunning my bike at 4am. but....if I'm out at 2 in the afternoon. Ill gas on if I feel like it.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:25 PM
Gettin' out havin' fun

bigrig81 Good newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by barracuda View Post

bigger pipes does not equal bigger dick.... if you have to wear earplugs inside of a helmet to ride your bike.... well let me spell it out.... s t u p i d.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:43 PM
Nothing Runs Like a Deere

85chevy Good newbie
I think everybody should have to learn to ride a motorcycle to truly understand just how bad people are when it comes to changing lanes without looking, talking on the cell phone. But the rider shouldn't ride in blind spots, has to anticipate what the idiot beside him might do when he drops his cell phone or his hot coffee in his lap. Loud pipes save lives on the sheer fact that it usually scares the shit out of people when there car rumbles. My truck sets off car alarms when i want it too but my bike does need new mufflers because the guy before me gutted it out. And a guy that is gunning his bike at 4am is an idiot because if u want respect from other people u respect them but if its 4pm don't be stupid and annoying. The guys that rush through traffic weaving and causing trouble give bikes a bad name. Guys riding with shorts and a t shirt are stupid u might think its kewl until u hit pavement and wish u had the proper gear on. People on scooters are just as dangerous.
Old 03-26-2009, 02:32 PM
runnin into walls with a
Swollen Member

Punk in Drublic bad newbie
whats the differance between hearing a hog roll down the street at 4am or a stupid ricer with a folgers can on the end of the pipe, or a 4x with a bareley there exaust sytem? its not the noise its the time. theres nothin you can do about assholes, there everywhere and allways will be. move to the country you wont here shit at 4am. if ya live in the city, youre prolly gonna hear the odd asshole in the middle of the night. as for car alarms, there retarded, i swear you could set some off just by yellin at them. how often are you really woken up by a harley at 4am. 5 nights a week?, 4?, 3?Less than every week? im guessin less than once a month. put on youre big girl panties and go back to sleep.
Old 03-26-2009, 05:47 PM
Now I see what FIBC is about

T-Kase Unknown Newbie
My R6 is quiet... I wear ear plugs for wind and traffic noise. The engine "sings" though, sounds pretty.
Old 03-26-2009, 07:16 PM
Make your own-iEdit Title in 'User CP'
Swollen Member

Moondog bad newbie
I like going into underground car parks and seeing how many alarms I can set off at once. The most I have set off is 10 It's funny as fuck when I get out of the truck and alls you can here is car alarms If it really bothers you that much do as others have sugestted reset the sensitity on your car alarm and ask your neighbours to do the same
Old 03-27-2009, 10:12 PM
Mad Builder
Swollen Member

FU Toolbag bad newbie
I've been riding streetbikes for 20 yrs now. I've never had a loud set of pipes, and they actually do anoy me a little. They don't piss me off or anything, just the sitting at a light and rapping on the throttle. You wanna say goodbye as you haul ass fine, but sittin there pumping the throttle when you know it's just going to piss people off. I actually like the loud pipes, just don't understand the purposely pissing people off.

As far as surviving while riding, I just assume that everyone else on the road is a complete fucking basketcase who's mid od on meth and drive accordingly. 20 yrs riding, 19yrs 11 months and 29 days accident free. Yes wrecked my first bike on the way back from my test after I passed.