Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > Adventure B.C. > General outdoor Discussion

General outdoor Discussion For any outdoor adventure. Trail talk, camping, skiing, hiking, etc If itís outside and fun talk about it here.

Old 02-17-2009, 11:05 PM
Frog Legs

4Lo bad newbie
http://4wdabc.com/
Old 02-18-2009, 12:05 AM
White in brown out
Swollen Member

StinkFinger bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by EIEIO View Post
Sorry, but you are insured to cross a highway / fsr. Not drive on them. Look shit up.

http://www.icbc.com/registration/reg...eh_snowmbl.asp
For snowmobiles, a restricted licence plate is issued. The restricted plate shows that the vehicle's use on a highway is limited. (The Operation Permit explains what its use is limited to.)

i have. any fsr with 30cm or more of snow. crossing a hwy. and registered snowmobile use areas.
Old 02-18-2009, 01:45 PM
wanna see my
Swollen Member

Cookie bad newbie
im thinkin jelly beans and chocolate pudding.
Old 02-18-2009, 02:21 PM
doesn't play well with others
Swollen Member

m j bad newbie
clearly the answer is to start a smear campaign against sledders using the local TV stations.

oh wait that is what those low lifes did to us
Old 02-18-2009, 06:47 PM
Having FUN IN B.C.

crazydude Unknown Newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by m j View Post
clearly the answer is to start a smear campaign against sledders using the local TV stations.

oh wait that is what those low lifes did to us
I think there problem was, didnt check with tiny brain before opening mouth in front of a TV camera and thats what came out.
Old 02-18-2009, 08:05 PM
Having FUN IN B.C.

trencher bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilChev4x4 View Post
Everyone's able to form their own groups in any sport they so choose.
Anyone can nominate a person or person's to speak on their behalf.
It certainly makes things easier for whatever it is they want in their sport, to change or enhance. If certain ppl want to make remarks..Fine...I know who I'm speaking to and about..Whatever!
I, myself, enjoy the outdoors. Snowmobiling, 4x4ing, hiking, fishing and hunting. I would like to hear from ppl who have been in, and are a part of the BC4WA. They KNOW what's up! They can and do, inform and educate anyone who asks anything pertaining to the laws because of their experience and knowledge. Also, to be able to understand and be informed of the rescent changes as far as 4x4ing in B.C. That is why I am on this web site. So I may keep abreast of current changes in laws, and also to enjoy other ppl's adventures and FUNINBC!!

Regardless of what the bc4wa is doing unless they are working towards an okanagan valley specific solution the efforts of the local club are welcome in my view. This has become a regional issue and no one seems to have stepped in to help from the bc4wa. The Kelowna snowmobile club is not governed by a group from the coast so neither should we rely on else in these matters unless it is as support. Just because the name has bc in it doesn't mean you are a blanket organization out the gate.....i am going to check into this association when i have time. Always good be informed
Old 02-18-2009, 08:49 PM
doesn't play well with others
Swollen Member

m j bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydude View Post
I think there problem was, didnt check with tiny brain before opening mouth in front of a TV camera and thats what came out.
I dunno
it looked 100% staged to smear evil big tires and make 10mph sled riding look angelic
Old 02-18-2009, 09:53 PM
Now I see what FIBC is about

sdillen bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by trencher View Post
Regardless of what the bc4wa is doing unless they are working towards an okanagan valley specific solution the efforts of the local club are welcome in my view.
I'm with you on this....the feedback from the local scene is VERY welcome and I encourage local 4x4 clubs to work directly with the local snowmobile clubs to work out some way to use the trails cooperatively.

From a provincial standpoint, I've had some conversations with members of the BC Snowmobile Federation board about similar issues (and earlier today about this specific issue) as we're facing very similar issues provincially when it comes to trail designation. Overall, it sounds to me that "Whaaaattt we have HERE is a FAAAAIIIIILLLLLUUUUUUUUUURE TO COMMUUUUUUUNNNICAAAAAAAATTTTTTTEEEEEEE". I think that grief has been building for years and without a reasonable dialogue between the organized groups, it has festered until it blows up like what's hitting the newspaper.

From the sledding perspective, they spend a bunch of bucks to groom trails and find frozen tire ruts in them. From our perspective, we see FSRs that become challenging with a dump of snow on 'em, but there's sled tracks all over the place and we can't get to our destinations without wrecking them. There HAS to be a reasonable solution here. We're all reasonable people....and the idiot factor (those who will wreck groomed tracks just for the sake of doing so) cannot be the driving reason behind the solution.

Please let me know if there's anything that the 4WDABC can do to assist in this matter.
Old 02-18-2009, 10:02 PM

sdillen bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by trencher View Post
The Kelowna snowmobile club is not governed by a group from the coast so neither should we rely on else in these matters unless it is as support.
[off topic of this thread...]

If anyone in the interior is interested in sitting on the BOD of the 4WDABC, please drop me a note (bod@4wdabc.ca). We would very much welcome the representation from outside of the lower mainland.

[returning to the topic at hand....]
Old 02-19-2009, 01:43 AM
THIS IS HOW I ROLL... BITCHES
Swollen Member

MUD CHILD Unknown Newbie
Myself and two other members from the Okanagan Back Country Association, had a meeting with the Kelowna Snowmobile Club tonight. The meeting went well. We are going to work together in trying to find a way to possibly have a shared trail system in some areas, and full usage of trails in some areas after a certain date. Although nothing is set in stone yet we definitely have made some significant progress. I'm asking everyone to please stay off any groomed snowmobile trails, as that this is there main concern. We have an upcoming meeting with parks on the 25th off this month in regards to trying to find suitable areas for our user groups. If anyone has any questions or concerns please feel fee to contact me

Ryan

President of the Okanagan Back Country Association
Old 02-19-2009, 08:36 AM

sdillen bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUD CHILD View Post
Myself and two other members from the Okanagan Back Country Association, had a meeting with the Kelowna Snowmobile Club tonight. The meeting went well. We are going to work together in trying to find a way to possibly have a shared trail system in some areas, and full usage of trails in some areas after a certain date. Although nothing is set in stone yet we definitely have made some significant progress. I'm asking everyone to please stay off any groomed snowmobile trails, as that this is there main concern. We have an upcoming meeting with parks on the 25th off this month in regards to trying to find suitable areas for our user groups. If anyone has any questions or concerns please feel fee to contact me

Ryan

Excellent progress!!!!!!! Little steps.....it all fosters good will.....
Old 02-19-2009, 11:35 AM
Gettin' out havin' fun

82F150 Unknown Newbie
I watched this on CHBC.. I am a sledder, wheeler, dirtbiker, triker....whatever I can get out on .. I don't have the time to read all the posts..and most of them are extremely ignorant anyway... as far as I can find sleds need to be registered(mine is) and you have the option to insure (and you can get collision too) I got my insurance from the guy in the video (curly reddish hair, works for ICBC last I knew)... Motor Vehicles have to be insured and must be able to pass an inspection

If you really watch the video you'd notice that they mention that they realize we all need to work together and that the KSC has been doing a lot of work towards land management/aggreements and as Mudchild has met with them.
bla bla..and I could go on forever

I'll be checkin back with this and look forward to seeing progress..and Ryan please let me know if ya need anything

http://bc.rcmp.ca/ViewPage.action?si...ntent Id=7342

http://www.bclaws.ca/Recon/document/freeside/--%20f%20--/forest%20and%20range%20practices%20act%20%20sbc%20 2002%20%20c.%2069/05_regulations/15_70_2004.xml
Old 02-19-2009, 08:19 PM
GIVIN'R SHIT

TWOZEROFOUR Unknown Newbie
hey travis is yer 4x4 insured
Old 02-19-2009, 10:16 PM
Out-N-About

waggie Unknown Newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUD CHILD View Post

Ryan

all sounds good. would also be advantageous for said snowmobile clubs to publish and post maps of these groomed trails and to have signs posted at trailheads and junctions where roads or trails meet up with or cross these groomed trails.

I personally have never seen a groomed snowmobile trail, so to me it may look just like any other logging road that has been well travelled by snowmobiles. and in that case, if there was signage or I knew previously by seeing their grooming trail map on one of the 4wheelin sites, I could make an educated decision to not use and try to not have to cross these trails.

just a thought (and my 2c.)
Old 02-20-2009, 12:15 AM
THIS IS HOW I ROLL... BITCHES
Swollen Member

MUD CHILD Unknown Newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by waggie View Post
all sounds good. would also be advantageous for said snowmobile clubs to publish and post maps of these groomed trails and to have signs posted at trailheads and junctions where roads or trails meet up with or cross these groomed trails.

I personally have never seen a groomed snowmobile trail, so to me it may look just like any other logging road that has been well travelled by snowmobiles. and in that case, if there was signage or I knew previously by seeing their grooming trail map on one of the 4wheelin sites, I could make an educated decision to not use and try to not have to cross these trails.

just a thought (and my 2c.)

This was one of the issues we talked about at our meeting. We definitely agreed that some simple signs will help keep 4 wheelers from using snowmobile trails.