Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > Adventure B.C. > General outdoor Discussion

General outdoor Discussion For any outdoor adventure. Trail talk, camping, skiing, hiking, etc If itís outside and fun talk about it here.

Old 02-17-2009, 03:14 PM
Sofa king wee todd did
Swollen Member

EIEIO bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by StinkFinger View Post
my sled is insured to run on fsr and registered snowmobile areas
look shit up befor you open your mouth also it is manditor to insure your quad if you want to run on the fsr's as well
Sorry, but you are insured to cross a highway / fsr. Not drive on them. Look shit up.

http://www.icbc.com/registration/reg...eh_snowmbl.asp
Old 02-17-2009, 03:55 PM
THIS IS HOW I ROLL... BITCHES
Swollen Member

MUD CHILD Unknown Newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdillen View Post
I didn't see this thread until today.... I received a letter from a Kelowna newspaper late last week asking for a comment from the Four Wheel Drive Association on this matter. The request included a copy of a letter to the editor as well as the photographs presented in the TV story earlier.

I responded as I've described at http://news.4wdabc.ca/?p=5

I saw three points that really need to be addressed:

1: A complaint was raised that 4x4 vehicles were on trails in the provincial park. This is a no-brainer....the park is clearly designated "No Motorized Vehicles" and there's a specific allowance for snowmobiles on specific trails when snow levels permit. This appears to me to be an enforcement issue...

2: A complaint was raised about vehicles on groomed tracks over unplowed roads in a "trail management area". I am unaware of the terms and conditions of any defined trail management area, and there may very well be such a condition. However, if nobody outside of the snowmobile organization knows about the T&Cs of the agreement -- it's a public education issue surrounding the recreational use designation of the area.

3: The old standbys....beer cans/destruction of trails/inconsiderate behaviour, trail blockage, etc. This has absolutely nothing to do with 4x4 enthusiasts.....this is a respect issue and can be attributed to individuals in ANY recreation group. I've heard the same comments directed at hikers, snowmobilers, quad riders, fishermen, hunters.....fortunately, every one of the groups/clubs/government agencies/companies that I have spoken to over the last 3 years recognize that the organized recreation communities are not condoning these activities.

The comment in the video about vehicles not being allowed on unplowed FSR roads has no legal basis to my knowledge. The implication that all 4x4 enthusiasts are disregarding basic trail courtesy is not accurate.
PM received, and I have sent a reply
Old 02-17-2009, 07:19 PM
Get happypants off my
Swollen Member

Reeseman Good newbie
those guys just bitch and complain. It isn't like they can't drive over tire tracks
Old 02-17-2009, 07:22 PM
Outback adventurer

fin96 Good newbie
try straddling frozen tire ruts on a sled at any kind of speed. it is a total bitch and pisses me off to.
Old 02-17-2009, 07:38 PM
Now I see what FIBC is about

bigblueford bad newbie
they teach u to share in kindergarten.....apparently ppl forget that over the years
Old 02-17-2009, 07:48 PM
Frog Legs

4Lo bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by fin96 View Post
try straddling frozen tire ruts on a sled at any kind of speed. it is a total bitch and pisses me off to.
Yeah I hate when I hit bumps and such when I'm out drivin in the back country too. I wish they would pave the trails so I don't have to feel them bumps and don't spill my double creme mocha light steamy latte
Old 02-17-2009, 07:56 PM
Having FUN IN B.C.

crazydude Unknown Newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Lo View Post
Yeah I hate when I hit bumps and such when I'm out drivin in the back country too. I wish they would pave the trails so I don't have to feel them bumps and don't spill my double creme mocha light steamy latte
Old 02-17-2009, 08:34 PM
Having FUN IN B.C.

C.W. Unknown Newbie
Quote:

Old 02-17-2009, 08:37 PM
Frog Legs

4Lo bad newbie
And dump my box of krispy kreme doughnuts.......
Old 02-17-2009, 08:47 PM

Jeepaholic Unknown Newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by lincoln locked View Post
oh on another note I think the 4-wheelers have to stick together mayby not so much as a 4x4 club that you have to join but a 4x4 registry that you are apart of a list of names and contact info so when it comes to expressing a point this group of 4-wheelers have the support of each other power in numbers if we had a list of 500 people and thay are supporting a spokesperson on behalf of the 4-wheelers I think it would go a long ways in getting our openions heard .

So what you want would be something like the Four Wheel Drive Association of BC? 4WBABC has been making head way with access down in the lowermainland. If there were members from your area they would know about your concerns and would be able to help, as a Provincial organization they can have more clout.

It's not a club. Clubs join the association, as well as individual members.

Just a thought if you want to support the cause but don't want to get into the club scene.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:52 PM
Out-N-About

LilChev4x4 bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdillen View Post
I didn't see this thread until today.... I received a letter from a Kelowna newspaper late last week asking for a comment from the Four Wheel Drive Association on this matter. The request included a copy of a letter to the editor as well as the photographs presented in the TV story earlier.

I responded as I've described at http://news.4wdabc.ca/?p=5

I saw three points that really need to be addressed:

1: A complaint was raised that 4x4 vehicles were on trails in the provincial park. This is a no-brainer....the park is clearly designated "No Motorized Vehicles" and there's a specific allowance for snowmobiles on specific trails when snow levels permit. This appears to me to be an enforcement issue...

2: A complaint was raised about vehicles on groomed tracks over unplowed roads in a "trail management area". I am unaware of the terms and conditions of any defined trail management area, and there may very well be such a condition. However, if nobody outside of the snowmobile organization knows about the T&Cs of the agreement -- it's a public education issue surrounding the recreational use designation of the area.

3: The old standbys....beer cans/destruction of trails/inconsiderate behaviour, trail blockage, etc. This has absolutely nothing to do with 4x4 enthusiasts.....this is a respect issue and can be attributed to individuals in ANY recreation group. I've heard the same comments directed at hikers, snowmobilers, quad riders, fishermen, hunters.....fortunately, every one of the groups/clubs/government agencies/companies that I have spoken to over the last 3 years recognize that the organized recreation communities are not condoning these activities.

The comment in the video about vehicles not being allowed on unplowed FSR roads has no legal basis to my knowledge. The implication that all 4x4 enthusiasts are disregarding basic trail courtesy is not accurate.
It's nice to hear someone who actually has the knowledge about this matter.
There are many ppl who want to start their own groups who aren't even educated enough to spell the word "President"
Thank-you for the heads up! So many 4x4 enthusiasts need to know the where,when and why's about 4x4ing without the fear of fines.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:58 PM
I don't have a
Swollen Member

apefrill Good newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilChev4x4 View Post
It's nice to hear someone who actually has the knowledge about this matter.
There are many ppl who want to start their own groups who aren't even educated enough to spell the word "President"
Thank-you for the heads up! So many 4x4 enthusiasts need to know the where,when and why's about 4x4ing without the fear of fines.
Let's try and keep personal opinions out of this please, before it turns into a pissing match. And before you comment back, you know exactly what I mean.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:19 PM
Outback adventurer

fin96 Good newbie
Quote:
you can make fun all you want but as much as this situation aggravates me from a 4x4 enthusiast standpoint its still a total piss off when your trying to get to a riding area and your forced to drive 5km/h because some dumb asshole has left zig zagged foot deep ruts up the whole trail. all we need is some concrete guidelines put in place that give us a place to wheel and keep groomed trails from getting bunged up. ive ridden in that groomer and its slow as balls.....
Old 02-17-2009, 10:21 PM
Outback adventurer

ford bad newbie
second that april hes doing his best
Old 02-17-2009, 11:00 PM
Out-N-About

LilChev4x4 bad newbie
Everyone's able to form their own groups in any sport they so choose.
Anyone can nominate a person or person's to speak on their behalf.
It certainly makes things easier for whatever it is they want in their sport, to change or enhance. If certain ppl want to make remarks..Fine...I know who I'm speaking to and about..Whatever!
I, myself, enjoy the outdoors. Snowmobiling, 4x4ing, hiking, fishing and hunting. I would like to hear from ppl who have been in, and are a part of the BC4WA. They KNOW what's up! They can and do, inform and educate anyone who asks anything pertaining to the laws because of their experience and knowledge. Also, to be able to understand and be informed of the rescent changes as far as 4x4ing in B.C. That is why I am on this web site. So I may keep abreast of current changes in laws, and also to enjoy other ppl's adventures and FUNINBC!!