Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > Adventure B.C. > General outdoor Discussion

General outdoor Discussion For any outdoor adventure. Trail talk, camping, skiing, hiking, etc If itís outside and fun talk about it here.

Old 02-16-2009, 11:21 AM
Sofa king wee todd did
Swollen Member

EIEIO bad newbie
Its an FSR, its classed as a highway. The only thing they could do to the trucks is give them a VI. Those snowmobiles are actually illegal because they do not have proper insurance to drive on a highway...
Old 02-16-2009, 12:21 PM
thay call me drunkin Ira Haze
Swollen Member

lincoln locked bad newbie
that sure is a nice picture on your post EIEIO
Old 02-16-2009, 12:55 PM
Sofa king wee todd did
Swollen Member

EIEIO bad newbie
Minto Pond, Goldbridge (06' IIRC)
Old 02-16-2009, 01:33 PM
runnin into walls with a
Swollen Member

Punk in Drublic bad newbie
ive been stopped in the boo by a four by club in the bush, they asked if i had been driving on there groomed trails and i said no i havent, but was trying to get to a little lake that i did have to drive across the groomed trail a bit, they looket at my swampers and asked that i tread lightly. i said of course as i too sled the area we had a puuf n bsed, then were on our way.

its an asshole move to rip up the groomed, ya shouldnt drive on them, but a little respect both ways can sure go a long way. its like rippin up grasslands, a few assholes do it, alot of good people get stereotyped.
Old 02-16-2009, 01:40 PM
Prospect

nightcrawler Unknown Newbie
kinda pathetic sleddin on groomed trails isnt it if i had a sled id be up in the mountains were the real sleddins at kinda comparable to mall crawlers dont ya think
Old 02-16-2009, 01:46 PM
Not a Newbie

Location: in a castle with padded walls(back in fort nelson :()
muddy mud skipper Unknown Newbie
ill hold off on talkin to my neighbor.i would like more info on the Okanagan Back Country Association if u dont mind
Old 02-16-2009, 02:06 PM
THIS IS HOW I ROLL... BITCHES
Swollen Member

MUD CHILD Unknown Newbie
I will post up some more info about the Okanagan Back Country Association soon.

Can anybody burn me a copy of that story from CHBC news? I have an upcoming meeting and could really use a copy of the story!
If anyone can help me with this it would be greatly appreciated
Old 02-16-2009, 06:32 PM
Prospect
Swollen Member

Bent Black Unknown Newbie
Thats bs those picks dont look like groomed trails to me! Real nice of those guys to pull the wool over our eyes and do a bitchfest with out any wheelers there! And if those sleds are going from greystokes to the kvr shootlake area tell me how they cross bigwhite road and hwy 33 on a sled, can that be leagl? I hope that the $ my co-piolet (37 inch dakota) and I contributed to start the club last april helps us acomplish somthing! or wheel have nothing!
Old 02-16-2009, 07:53 PM
Gettin' out havin' fun

bigrig81 Good newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
kinda pathetic sleddin on groomed trails isnt it if i had a sled id be up in the mountains were the real sleddins at kinda comparable to mall crawlers dont ya think
groomed trails are a means to an end, and are way better than riding a freakin mogulfest to get to the hills. even if thats what they want to do, their choice.

I agree with punk in drublic that a little respect can go a long ways in both directions. a bunch of people from here in FIBC went wheeling up in peachland a while back, could have gone where all the sledders went, could have asserted our rights to go anywhere, but it just made a whole lot more sense to leave the trails that the ppl on the sleds use alone and find somewhere else to wheel. just makes sense, instead of pissing people off by screwing up their trails during the only time of year they can ride, just find another road. the trucks have all year, the sleds don't.

my $0.02

Old 02-17-2009, 09:47 AM
Outback adventurer

fin96 Good newbie
i totally agree that we need to respect the fact that they have a short season, even more so in a year like this. that is why i never drive further then the club parking lot. but the fact that i show them that respect and just because some snowmobilers happened by me they fabricate a story made up of lies? even though there probably are 4x4s ripping up there trails it is no need to lay the blame on me on tv. really burns my foreskin....
Old 02-17-2009, 09:55 AM
Swollen Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrig81 View Post
groomed trails are a means to an end, and are way better than riding a freakin mogulfest to get to the hills. even if thats what they want to do, their choice.

I agree with punk in drublic that a little respect can go a long ways in both directions. a bunch of people from here in FIBC went wheeling up in peachland a while back, could have gone where all the sledders went, could have asserted our rights to go anywhere, but it just made a whole lot more sense to leave the trails that the ppl on the sleds use alone and find somewhere else to wheel. just makes sense, instead of pissing people off by screwing up their trails during the only time of year they can ride, just find another road. the trucks have all year, the sleds don't.

my $0.02

I agree to a point , but the snowmobiles have a way larger area to play then any 4x4 ,its not like the snowmobiles dont have a place to go its the 4x4 that can only access lower elevation areas to me its a no brainer and if a 4-wheeler is ripping up there groomed trails go after that guy not every 4-wheeler out there
Old 02-17-2009, 10:06 AM
Swollen Member

oh on another note I think the 4-wheelers have to stick together mayby not so much as a 4x4 club that you have to join but a 4x4 registry that you are apart of a list of names and contact info so when it comes to expressing a point this group of 4-wheelers have the support of each other power in numbers if we had a list of 500 people and thay are supporting a spokesperson on behalf of the 4-wheelers I think it would go a long ways in getting our openions heard .
Old 02-17-2009, 11:33 AM
Now I see what FIBC is about

sdillen bad newbie
I didn't see this thread until today.... I received a letter from a Kelowna newspaper late last week asking for a comment from the Four Wheel Drive Association on this matter. The request included a copy of a letter to the editor as well as the photographs presented in the TV story earlier.

I responded as I've described at http://news.4wdabc.ca/?p=5

I saw three points that really need to be addressed:

1: A complaint was raised that 4x4 vehicles were on trails in the provincial park. This is a no-brainer....the park is clearly designated "No Motorized Vehicles" and there's a specific allowance for snowmobiles on specific trails when snow levels permit. This appears to me to be an enforcement issue...

2: A complaint was raised about vehicles on groomed tracks over unplowed roads in a "trail management area". I am unaware of the terms and conditions of any defined trail management area, and there may very well be such a condition. However, if nobody outside of the snowmobile organization knows about the T&Cs of the agreement -- it's a public education issue surrounding the recreational use designation of the area.

3: The old standbys....beer cans/destruction of trails/inconsiderate behaviour, trail blockage, etc. This has absolutely nothing to do with 4x4 enthusiasts.....this is a respect issue and can be attributed to individuals in ANY recreation group. I've heard the same comments directed at hikers, snowmobilers, quad riders, fishermen, hunters.....fortunately, every one of the groups/clubs/government agencies/companies that I have spoken to over the last 3 years recognize that the organized recreation communities are not condoning these activities.

The comment in the video about vehicles not being allowed on unplowed FSR roads has no legal basis to my knowledge. The implication that all 4x4 enthusiasts are disregarding basic trail courtesy is not accurate.
Old 02-17-2009, 11:49 AM
White in brown out
Swollen Member

StinkFinger bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by EIEIO View Post
Its an FSR, its classed as a highway. The only thing they could do to the trucks is give them a VI. Those snowmobiles are actually illegal because they do not have proper insurance to drive on a highway...

my sled is insured to run on fsr and registered snowmobile areas
look shit up befor you open your mouth also it is manditor to insure your quad if you want to run on the fsr's as well
Old 02-17-2009, 11:52 AM
White in brown out
Swollen Member

StinkFinger bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
generaly the groomed trails are the access to the moutans where the real sleddin is and the trafick rips them up so bad they need to be groomed or else you end up with 4' woops up the whole trail