Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > Adventure B.C. > General outdoor Discussion

General outdoor Discussion For any outdoor adventure. Trail talk, camping, skiing, hiking, etc If itís outside and fun talk about it here.

Old 02-15-2009, 03:24 PM
Having FUN IN B.C.

wonderland bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by trencher View Post
Time may be the issue but i am willing to give it a go with some help My knowledge only goes so far
Lets see what we can come up with....would be good for everyone concerned.

Anyone in for a meeting of the minds?
We can do a little research and get together in a couple or three weeks to share ideas.
we're in probably a couple of others we know too
Old 02-15-2009, 04:11 PM
Having FUN IN B.C.

trencher bad newbie
Sounds good i will start digging up what names and info i can find.
We'll keep in touch

Anyone else interested is welcome to drop us a line
Old 02-15-2009, 05:09 PM
Having FUN IN B.C.

trencher bad newbie
Hey mudchild i think you and i need to have a chat. Ape has filled me in on what you are doing already
Old 02-15-2009, 07:59 PM
Austin Roy Crutch

Explorer guy418 bad newbie
im in.. anything i can do just let me know.. im up north right now.. but i am happy to do wutever i can from up here............... let me know!

daryl_crutch@hotmail.com
Old 02-15-2009, 08:09 PM
Outback adventurer

78fullsize Good newbie
yea im in to. i dont know much about laws and stuff but the last thing i want is to lose the last few places we have to wheel. so what i ever i can do to help i will be there.
steve
ps explorer guy418 the guy u were wonder about he owns/runs highmark excavating i thinkn its called he use to live down the road form me
Old 02-15-2009, 09:29 PM
Having FUN IN B.C.

wonderland bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer guy418 View Post
some please teach me some things today.. wen u guys say ''godfathers'' of the 4x4ers who are they and wut do they drive.. just so i know
I was just referring to some of the guys that have been wheeling here since the mid 70...
Old 02-15-2009, 11:27 PM
Banned

500grhollowpoint Unknown Newbie
I know it's a piss off. I saw the original story a few days ago. Thing is, it was a few days ago. It's old news. Let sleeping dogs lie. Everyone but us has long forgotten about it. If we try to bring it up again it will only look bad for us. Everyone loves to hate 4 wheelers. Didn't you see them in the clip? Putting along at 5 km/hr on their sleds..... like they don't rip along at 100..... The reality of it is, someone probably did rip up the groomed trails in a 4x4. And some of them probably have pics of it. Some asshole making us all look bad.
Old 02-15-2009, 11:28 PM
Having FUN IN B.C.

trencher bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderland View Post
I was just referring to some of the guys that have been wheeling here since the mid 70...
Sounds like there may be something already in motion that geby and ryan are involved in. I am going to get a hold of ryan and discuss what they are up to.
Old 02-16-2009, 12:01 AM
Not a Newbie

Location: in a castle with padded walls(back in fort nelson :()
muddy mud skipper Unknown Newbie
i'll try to get a hold of the conservation officer that lives next door to me.i'll see what he says about this crap!!
Old 02-16-2009, 12:12 AM
Stroking my
Swollen Member

Cheese eyes Good newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by trencher View Post
Sounds like there may be something already in motion that geby and ryan are involved in. I am going to get a hold of ryan and discuss what they are up to.
ya get a hold of ryan he's had this in his hands since last april !!!!!!!!!!!!

alcohol makes me the man i need to be !!! spudspudspudspudspud 2013 !!!
Old 02-16-2009, 12:59 AM
GIVIN'R SHIT

TWOZEROFOUR Unknown Newbie
Yea it sucks when the trails are rutted by 4x4's when i go sleddin,, but i know every spot where this is a potential problem,, I am no Sled club champ....... if we are going riding with some rookies we take some ware safe.. and the few rednecks on 31's that fuck up the groomers will get there's.. and it's most likey only the 1st km of trail any way cuz they can't get any further.

spending every weekend either in my 4x4 or on my sled.. id say its the same deal,, we are all out there to have fun and get away from the duche bags in the city... too bad there are a few out in the bush as well,, a well built "snowWheeler" with a big block and 44" plus tires causes less damage than a bunch guys with 5500rpm clutch engagments and throttle jockey attitude...

to sum it up we never go in three forks rd (greystokes) to unlaod on the sleds,, every time we have all types of duche bag interactions... wich it looks like the conversation in the vid was had... fuck the yuppie sledders and there f-350's with 40ft enclosed trailers wich they can not back up
Old 02-16-2009, 01:27 AM
THIS IS HOW I ROLL... BITCHES
Swollen Member

MUD CHILD Unknown Newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by 37inchdakota View Post
ya get a hold of ryan he's had this in his hands since last april !!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe read the emails that have been sent to you from our club before you make comments like this
Old 02-16-2009, 01:55 AM
THIS IS HOW I ROLL... BITCHES
Swollen Member

MUD CHILD Unknown Newbie
I would like to thank everybody for there concerns on this matter.

As far as a club representing off roaders Bruce, Gebe, and myself (Ryan) have formed one all ready. The name of the club is the Okanagan Back Country Association. As of right now our club consists of roughly thirty members. I have been working with our local recreation office from parks over the past couple months, in order to find a suitable place for us to use or trucks. I have also spoken with Rick Givin several times in regards to us trying to resole the issue with the trucks and snowmobiles. Rick, myself and the parks officer were to have a meeting on this mater, but instead of Rick cooperating like he said he would he called CHBC news instead and told a one sided story. For our sake we are luck Bruce and Gebe happened to be there while the interview was being filmed. We NOW have a meeting with the snowmobile club this week and I have a meeting scheduled with parks on the 25th of this month.

I would apreacate if every one could hold off on calling parks and the Kelowna snowmobile club in regards to this matter. I will keep you guys posted as to what is going on as soon as we get some answers

Thanks for you understandig on this matter

Ryan
President of the Okanagan Back Country Association

Last edited by MUD CHILD : 02-18-2009 at 12:51 AM.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:01 AM
thay call me drunkin Ira Haze
Swollen Member

lincoln locked bad newbie
so we need more information on this club Ryan, it would be great to have a large list of 4-wheelers supporting the 4x4 club . much appreciated Ira
Old 02-16-2009, 09:48 AM
Having FUN IN B.C.

trencher bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUD CHILD View Post
I would like to thank everybody for there concerns on this matter.

As far as a club representing off roaders Bruce, Gebe, and myself (Ryan) have formed one all ready. The name of the club is the Okanagan Back Country Association. As of right now our club consists of roughly thirty members. I have been working with our local recreation office from parks over the past couple months, in order to find a suitable place for us to use or trucks. I have also spoken with Rick Givin several times in regards to us trying to resole the issue with the trucks and snowmobiles. Rick, myself and the parks officer were to have a meeting on this mater, but instead of Rick cooperating like he said he would he called CHBC news instead and told a one sided story. For our sake we are luck Bruce and Gebe happened to be there while the interview was being filmed. We NOW have a meeting with the snowmobile club this week and I have a meeting scheduled with parks on the 25th of this month.

I would apreacate if every one could hold off on calling parks and the Kelowna snowmobile club in regards to this matter. I will keep you guys posted as to what is going on as soon as we get some answers

Thanks for you understandig on this matter

Ryan
Presedent of the Okanagan Back Country Association

That sounds great Ryan. Wish i had known about it before. Anything you need in the way of help feel free to give me a shout.
Info on the club would be great. I'll be interested in joining and supporting it how i can
Thanks, Jon