Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > Adventure B.C. > General outdoor Discussion

General outdoor Discussion For any outdoor adventure. Trail talk, camping, skiing, hiking, etc If itís outside and fun talk about it here.

Old 02-14-2009, 11:39 PM
Having FUN IN B.C.

crazydude Unknown Newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by FU250 View Post
Ten thousand dollar sle and my 2 g cruiser on 36's. If I didn't have plates on it I probably would have. "Honest officer, I thought it was just some abbandoned rubish."
Abbandoned rubbish . Correct me if Im wrong on fsr cops cant do much about a rec vehical getting in a collision with lic road legal automobile especialy if no one got hurt
Old 02-14-2009, 11:47 PM
Mad Builder
Swollen Member

FU Toolbag bad newbie
It would be an interesting legal problem. I'm licenced and insured, and legally on the road, he's a m otorized vehicle on a public road, with no licence or insurance. I don't think it would be criminal, ie a ticketable offence, but a civil suite would be on the way.
Old 02-15-2009, 01:02 AM
giver hard

Troy bad newbie
soooooo if dorkus says its illegal to drive a 4x4 on an ungroomed or unplowed FSR, then how the hell did that chev pickup with an enclosed trailer used for hauling sleds get in background of the interview shot?
Old 02-15-2009, 01:06 AM
Having FUN IN B.C.

C.W. Unknown Newbie

Old 02-15-2009, 10:27 AM
thay call me drunkin Ira Haze
Swollen Member

lincoln locked bad newbie
I find it interesting that the snowmobile club complains about trucks running there groomed trails and dont have any footage or pictures of it and only show trucks driving on ungroomed trails? who goes up to the greystokes before thay shut down the sled trails anyway ?I dont think there a is any trucks on there groomed trails . I think the isue the snowmoble club has is off the groomed trails and they dont have an argument in that area and have to say we are on there trails just to make a point aganst the 4-wheelers jerks
Old 02-15-2009, 10:58 AM
Having FUN IN B.C.

trencher bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by lincoln locked View Post
I find it interesting that the snowmobile club complains about trucks running there groomed trails and dont have any footage or pictures of it and only show trucks driving on ungroomed trails? who goes up to the greystokes before thay shut down the sled trails anyway ?I dont think there a is any trucks on there groomed trails . I think the isue the snowmoble club has is off the groomed trails and they dont have an argument in that area and have to say we are on there trails just to make a point aganst the 4-wheelers jerks
They don't groom all their trails...thats where it gets hard to know. I have heard...only heard now mind you......that some guys HAVE gone up the groomed runs this year. There are some people in mind but hard to prove. I know one guy that has been called by the cops or the club....don't know which and been told he was getting a fine next time he is found in the area. I think it was near the kvr where they have newer trails

And ya they are fucking jerks....just pushing their weight and money around yet again
Old 02-15-2009, 10:59 AM
Having FUN IN B.C.

wonderland bad newbie
it's to bad they cut Bruce and Geby's comments, I'm sure they had alot to say to defend wheelers as they are the godfathers.....
Old 02-15-2009, 11:01 AM
Having FUN IN B.C.

trencher bad newbie
Ya typical media move eh. Like i said we need organization to really fight back
Old 02-15-2009, 11:21 AM
doesn't play well with others
Swollen Member

m j bad newbie
so where is this "no driving on unplowed roads law" from?
can we see the wording that he is refering to?
Old 02-15-2009, 11:44 AM
thay call me drunkin Ira Haze
Swollen Member

lincoln locked bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by trencher View Post
Ya typical media move eh. Like i said we need organization to really fight back
ya I dont sled so I know very little about where there trails are and are not , but you are wright we need to get together and start a back roads atv group/ club where we can express our opinions and defend ourselves .
Old 02-15-2009, 12:20 PM
Austin Roy Crutch

Explorer guy418 bad newbie
some please teach me some things today.. wen u guys say ''godfathers'' of the 4x4ers who are they and wut do they drive.. just so i know
Old 02-15-2009, 12:20 PM
Having FUN IN B.C.

trencher bad newbie
There has been talk of a privately own park in the interior but that isn't a good solution for everyone. There needs to be designated trails areas that can be maintained and used by the people that care about keeping them open to our use. Before they are gobbled up by other groups. There are bike and atv trails going in up bearmain now. They are being built and maintained by the dirtbike club i believe. I know a guy involved i think i'll talk to him about it and find out the details. It would take a well organized group to keep truck trails open with all the bs other groups like to pile on us. There has always been resistance to such things and it would have to be a joint effort i think not just one small club. i actually have put some thought into it but don't have the connections required to make it go.
Old 02-15-2009, 12:35 PM
Having FUN IN B.C.

wonderland bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by trencher View Post
There has been talk of a privately own park in the interior but that isn't a good solution for everyone. There needs to be designated trails areas that can be maintained and used by the people that care about keeping them open to our use. Before they are gobbled up by other groups. There are bike and atv trails going in up bearmain now. They are being built and maintained by the dirtbike club i believe. I know a guy involved i think i'll talk to him about it and find out the details. It would take a well organized group to keep truck trails open with all the bs other groups like to pile on us. There has always been resistance to such things and it would have to be a joint effort i think not just one small club. i actually have put some thought into it but don't have the connections required to make it go.
I have spoke to the pres of the moto x club once um he was kinda explaining things to me and it didn't seem that hard to do, all we really need is obviously someone knowledgeable like yourself and some dedicated people, I think it is time to get this together in my opinion it needs to done so 4 wheelers have a foot to stand on, if you have time to look into getting a club together you have Ira (lincoln locked) and my support all the way!!
Old 02-15-2009, 02:14 PM
Having FUN IN B.C.

trencher bad newbie
Time may be the issue but i am willing to give it a go with some help My knowledge only goes so far
Lets see what we can come up with....would be good for everyone concerned.

Anyone in for a meeting of the minds?
We can do a little research and get together in a couple or three weeks to share ideas.
Old 02-15-2009, 02:30 PM
doesn't play well with others
Swollen Member

m j bad newbie
the attitude of the sledder made me want to run every sled over