Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > Adventure B.C. > General outdoor Discussion

General outdoor Discussion For any outdoor adventure. Trail talk, camping, skiing, hiking, etc If itís outside and fun talk about it here.

Old 02-14-2009, 06:40 PM
thay call me drunkin Ira Haze
Swollen Member

lincoln locked bad newbie
iv never seen any body wheel on groomed trails so so i think thay should stfup it pisses me off, there not trying to find a solution beeking off the 4-wheelers
Old 02-14-2009, 06:40 PM
has a smrt
Swollen Member

youngun bad newbie
haha, yea, you can clearly tell from the pictures in the video that it is on the kvr to chutelake, no where near greystokes....

i would give em a call....
Old 02-14-2009, 06:52 PM
thay call me drunkin Ira Haze
Swollen Member

lincoln locked bad newbie
well it's good that Geby and Bruce were there to defend the 4-wheelers
Old 02-14-2009, 07:23 PM
Having FUN IN B.C.

trencher bad newbie
They have had some problems with guys driving on the trails in the lease area this year. They have even gone up the front side from what i hear. That too me is complete bullshit that guys are taking trucks up there. As i understand it there is some leased area around the kvr too....one of the lakes near there...not sure of which one i don't know the area very well. The media is good at fucking with the facts though as to where and what is really happening. Too many fuckin yuppies in this town that love to hate people that do anything but ski or boat
Old 02-14-2009, 07:43 PM
Having FUN IN B.C.

trencher bad newbie
One more thing to say on this......I personally detest the kelowna snowmobile club. They are a self impressed group of ingnorant rich pricks for the most part. I don't want anyone to get the impresion i am for everything they do. I do however think the few losers that drive on their trail system during their lease season need a boot in the ass for making it difficult for everyone else in the wheeling scene . I for one will avoid well used sled trails in other areas if i can get around them another way just as a common curtousy and respect thing. I have ridden a sled for over 20 years and as long as trucks showed respect i was good with sharing. I also enjoy wheeling and i will try and be curtious and avoid the well used areas. If the kelowna snowmobile club had their way no one but those who pay them would use the bush anywhere near their area. There...i felt like having a good old shithead snowmobile club rant
Old 02-14-2009, 08:38 PM
Having FUN IN B.C.

crazydude Unknown Newbie
Its all public land and the back roads are free game unless its a provincial park or such. But for them to bad mouth us 4 wheelers or quaders that try to get in the winter months they can stick it up there prissy white asses. The gloves are off if they want to do that bull shit.
Old 02-14-2009, 08:44 PM
I got kicked and now have a
Swollen Member

kootenaycat bad newbie
Sounds to me like the one guy doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground, saying it's illegal for a truck to drive on an unplowed road. Then I guess every hunter in the fall or every person out getting firewood on a freshly snowed FSR would be breaking the law. And for that reason is why there would never be a law as such, too big of a gray area. Where do you draw the line, a stock truck can only plow snow for so long vs a mod truck plowing 4-5' of it. What an idiot.

Typical of most organized associations, they think they own the land because they have a tenure on it, forestry stipulates they can't deny any person from accessing crown land because of it. A couple local snowmobile clubs here tried that BS, one even tried blocking a FSR on crown land to some guys because they hadn't joined their club AND the club didn't even have tenure on the area, they were just grooming it because that's where they sledded.
Old 02-14-2009, 09:25 PM
Having FUN IN B.C.

trencher bad newbie
If they have a lease or tenure...which ever you want to call it.....they CAN deny access during the specified dates of the agreement with the government. The can't drive on an unplowed rd is a gray area...as i understand you are not supposed to use any vehicle on an unplowed rd....the reason i'm not sure. Always was told that by forestry when we were sledding on them. That said no one has ever enforced it. The attitude that any forestry rd is open to any one to use at anytime is simply not correct. And part of the area the snowmobile club in question uses IS a park.
Old 02-14-2009, 09:32 PM
Having FUN IN B.C.

trencher bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydude View Post
Its all public land and the back roads are free game unless its a provincial park or such. But for them to bad mouth us 4 wheelers or quaders that try to get in the winter months they can stick it up there prissy white asses. The gloves are off if they want to do that bull shit.

If you ask me the local offroad clubs need to get together and organize a bit so people like the assholes in this snowmobile club and other people bent on stopping others from having fun can't just railroad their way through things getting everything they want. A good example of that is the moto-x track up bearmain getting shut down to racing because a few residents didn't like hearing the bikes on the track. Even though there was an agreememt with the ministry the track is all but done in a few short years
Old 02-14-2009, 09:57 PM
Having FUN IN B.C.

crazydude Unknown Newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by trencher View Post
If you ask me the local offroad clubs need to get together and organize a bit so people like the assholes in this snowmobile club and other people bent on stopping others from having fun can't just railroad their way through things getting everything they want. A good example of that is the moto-x track up bearmain getting shut down to racing because a few residents didn't like hearing the bikes on the track. Even though there was an agreememt with the ministry the track is all but done in a few short years
Even if they do get together theres no gaurantee that any thing will come about it. As for the moto track on the west side thats bull shit bunch idiots that move in to the area nowing full well that was there and all of a sudden they dont like it so they find nothing better to do but bitch about it. There are to many yuppie lossers moving here that like to bitch about every one elses stuff but there own. If ya dont like it move back to where you came from dont come to the Okanagan.
Old 02-14-2009, 10:37 PM
Gettin' out havin' fun

coreyg8 bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by lincoln locked View Post
well it's good that Geby and Bruce were there to defend the 4-wheelers
Two of the best to do it too!!!
Old 02-14-2009, 11:15 PM
Mad Builder
Swollen Member

FU Toolbag bad newbie
There's no question where the secong still pic was taken, unless the greystokes burnt recently and we never heard of it.

A couple years ago we were on out way to james lake. We had 4 in our crew. One guy had a toy with a chev v8 and a nice set of 38 boggers. second girl had bald tires and the third in line blew his reverse. we were at the back. Guy with boggers roostered and sunk, girl with baldies wasan't moving, guy with no reverse stoped them from going back and we ditched behind them. 4 trucks stuck. spent the night and then dug out in morning. On the way down some sledders were coming up. One of em parked his sled aqccross the trail and wouldn't move it. I asek several times, his buddies were telling him to move it, still wouldn't. I had sick, cold preggnant wife with me and wasn't gonna put up with that shit. Not till I came within a foot of driving over his sled did hi friends move it. What a fuckin asshole. And this was a road, ashfault and all under the snow.
Old 02-14-2009, 11:22 PM
Austin Roy Crutch

Explorer guy418 bad newbie
FU thats bs i would just drove. but atleast it finally got moved. i hate people that think they own shit like this.. dont get me wrong i know lots of people with sleds but they arn't dicks like that. and also.. why does the name RICK GIVEN ring a bell.......
Old 02-14-2009, 11:24 PM
Having FUN IN B.C.

crazydude Unknown Newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by FU250 View Post
There's no question where the secong still pic was taken, unless the greystokes burnt recently and we never heard of it.

A couple years ago we were on out way to james lake. We had 4 in our crew. One guy had a toy with a chev v8 and a nice set of 38 boggers. second girl had bald tires and the third in line blew his reverse. we were at the back. Guy with boggers roostered and sunk, girl with baldies wasan't moving, guy with no reverse stoped them from going back and we ditched behind them. 4 trucks stuck. spent the night and then dug out in morning. On the way down some sledders were coming up. One of em parked his sled aqccross the trail and wouldn't move it. I asek several times, his buddies were telling him to move it, still wouldn't. I had sick, cold preggnant wife with me and wasn't gonna put up with that shit. Not till I came within a foot of driving over his sled did hi friends move it. What a fuckin asshole. And this was a road, ashfault and all under the snow.
On the second try of asking him to move I would have drove right over it.
Old 02-14-2009, 11:32 PM
Mad Builder
Swollen Member

FU Toolbag bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydude View Post
On the second try of asking him to move I would have drove right over it.
Ten thousand dollar sle and my 2 g cruiser on 36's. If I didn't have plates on it I probably would have. "Honest officer, I thought it was just some abbandoned rubish."