Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > All about your Ride > Quads , Sleds, bikes and Boats

Quads , Sleds, bikes and Boats Got a question or want to show off a new mod on your Quad, Snowmobile, bike or Boat? This is the place to go

Old 01-30-2009, 03:39 PM
Gettin' out havin' fun

82F150 Unknown Newbie
these are the ones I seen on castanet.. reposted...there AD Boivin..2000 a set.. http://classifieds.castanet.net/show...392073/cat/all
Old 01-30-2009, 10:48 PM
I got kicked and now have a
Swollen Member

kootenaycat bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by 82F150 View Post
these are the ones I seen on castanet.. reposted...there AD Boivin..2000 a set.. http://classifieds.castanet.net/show...392073/cat/all
I just saw those today. Good price, not sure of the quality. Looks like he put the front tracks on backwards, a buddy looked them up on their site, they're the other way around on there. Could you imagine the human carnage if your foot slipped off the Honda footpeg and got sucked up the track while cruising down the trail!
Old 01-31-2009, 09:42 PM
Gettin' out havin' fun

82F150 Unknown Newbie
It would hurt for a second...what I was noticing is that they don't have the angle in the front of the track like the new ones...probably wouldn't ride as smooth
Old 02-10-2009, 10:01 PM
Now I see what FIBC is about

D.R.800X2 Unknown Newbie
Tracks

Well i finally got the message i`ve been waiting 2.5 weeks for....... "your tracks have arrived". Its about time!!!!Unfortunately home is 45 mins out of town so i have to wait till tomorrow.Will let ya know how the install goes.
Old 02-11-2009, 06:50 AM
Out-N-About

strokenit bad newbie
fawk ya, bout time they came up with them
Old 02-11-2009, 08:31 PM
Swollen Member

kootenaycat bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.800X2 View Post
Well i finally got the message i`ve been waiting 2.5 weeks for....... "your tracks have arrived". Its about time!!!!Unfortunately home is 45 mins out of town so i have to wait till tomorrow.Will let ya know how the install goes.
Cool! Can't wait for the pics and vids!
Old 02-11-2009, 08:48 PM
Having FUN IN B.C.

bcmaxx Good newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by kootenaycat View Post
They make kits for dirtbikes and 2wd sport quads, so I bet someone out there makes something. I bet it would float really well, 3 wheelers are light.
The dirtbike kits are pretty cool, looks like a fricken peice of art. I got two budds , one on a ktm505, the other a 525. They have great traction, ride, cornering is great, but track terrible on non vergin snow,specially in the hard pack. They have their drawbacks, enough to kinda make them a novelty.
Old 02-14-2009, 12:40 AM

D.R.800X2 Unknown Newbie
Good to go !!

Well after some slight mods to the brackets due to my previous lift , the tracks are working. Took it for a 1 hour test ride tonight then reset everything, top speed is down but no lack of power. The bitch does require some aggressive steering input( muscle)but i can live with it.Sat is long ride day, gonna wring it out good. Pics to come.
Old 02-14-2009, 07:48 PM
Swollen Member

kootenaycat bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.800X2 View Post
Well after some slight mods to the brackets due to my previous lift , the tracks are working. Took it for a 1 hour test ride tonight then reset everything, top speed is down but no lack of power. The bitch does require some aggressive steering input( muscle)but i can live with it.Sat is long ride day, gonna wring it out good. Pics to come.
I could imagine without PS it would be tough until your moving pretty good. The Grizzly I tried was awesome, as long as the track is moving even a bit, the PS was almost effortless. Wonder how hard it'll be on the PS motor though.
Old 02-14-2009, 10:27 PM
Out-N-About

strokenit bad newbie
So DR800 howd they do?
Old 02-15-2009, 12:58 AM

D.R.800X2 Unknown Newbie
It was an insane day of riding. Flying over 4 feet of snow and cruising around through the trees was nuts !Just at dark i burned across a huge clear-cut to hook on to a trail , no tracks but mine, and then it happened. I started on the trail and hooked a tree with a back track and started sinking on that corner, STUCK !!!! I then realized that the track was almost off because one of the end track rollers was gone.I found it in a tree well at the trail head. 3 hours later after digging a big hole under the track and putting the roller back on backwards because a bearing retainer clip was gone, i was rolling towards home another hour away.Those are the highs and lows of playing hard. Remember to always pack tools and survival gear, i do.
Old 02-15-2009, 10:06 PM
Swollen Member

kootenaycat bad newbie
I'm looking hard for them but still can't see your pics.

So did the wheel (bogie?) come off because it wasn't installed right from the factory or abuse on your part? Curious because I've never heard of them coming off except when the bearing is toast. I do know that the tracks stretch quite a bit the first time out. Did the adjustment on my buddies Grizz and they were really loose from the initial ride.
Old 02-15-2009, 11:27 PM

D.R.800X2 Unknown Newbie
The bearing is perfect and you can see where the clip came out of the wheel by some gouges in the plastic.I think its from smoking the tree. I did readjust everything after around an hour of riding and kept checking it all.I`m lucky the wheel could be put on backwards , there is a lip on the other side of the bearing that way.I checked the rest today and their all good.As for pics, i have some on a disposable waiting to develop,the guy i was riding with took some but hasnt e-mailed them yet.Sorry. I think i might order an end wheel to pack just in case, if it was just one of the small bogies i could keep going and i`m glad i found the lost one.
Old 02-16-2009, 06:52 AM
Out-N-About

strokenit bad newbie
So get a small tabogan and bolt it to your rack so you skid on home next time you nail something hard.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:43 PM
runnin into walls with a
Swollen Member

Punk in Drublic bad newbie
i was talkin to a guy in w.l. about them, he took care of some towers or somethin for global tv. he had an 800, said it was way nicer than his sled in the deep powder (FOR WHAT HE WAS DOIN). he has to stop on hills alot and said it was a pain in the ass on the sled, with the weight of his tools the sled didnt like to get goin up hill from a stop, but the tracked quad he just hopped on n carried on his way.