Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > All about your Ride > Quads , Sleds, bikes and Boats

Quads , Sleds, bikes and Boats Got a question or want to show off a new mod on your Quad, Snowmobile, bike or Boat? This is the place to go

Old 01-20-2009, 09:21 AM
Out-N-About

strokenit bad newbie
Looks like fun. I've always wanted some but my wife would be pissed if I sold her quad to get them :} .
Old 01-20-2009, 09:40 AM
RIP CHILLIWACK....

HEAVY METAL bad newbie
those have been around for almost ten yrs now. first set i installed and tested was in 2001. i thought they would have " caught on" a lot faster. price still must be waaay put there.
Old 01-20-2009, 10:31 AM
mushroom capped

atoyot Good newbie
awesome!!!

now to find a way to put em on my BIGRED maybe with a ski on the front....hahahahah
Old 01-21-2009, 12:08 AM
I got kicked and now have a
Swollen Member

kootenaycat bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by atoyot View Post
awesome!!!

now to find a way to put em on my BIGRED maybe with a ski on the front....hahahahah
They make kits for dirtbikes and 2wd sport quads, so I bet someone out there makes something. I bet it would float really well, 3 wheelers are light.
Old 01-23-2009, 12:00 PM
Gettin' out havin' fun

82F150 Unknown Newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by atoyot View Post
awesome!!!

I was thinkin the same thing when I seen a couple sets for sale cheap for honda quads.. would be interestin on the old 200X

I tried the tracks on a 800 can am and too me it seemed like they must have been robbin a lot of power... but I've never ridden with the tires on... and I'm a speed guy and it didnt satisfy that... I'd like to try the sets they have for a truck
Old 01-23-2009, 09:39 PM
Outback adventurer

yota90ca Unknown Newbie
on of the road building supervisors for BCTS is going for a set of tracks. Going to put them on a 400. Was thinking it is almost too small of a quad to do that too.

you didnt have any issues in the snow on the hills with the tracks. last year going into the hill climb out in the slocan a prowler on tracks chewed the trail up pretty good on the way up.
Old 01-24-2009, 02:15 AM
Swollen Member

kootenaycat bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by yota90ca View Post
on of the road building supervisors for BCTS is going for a set of tracks. Going to put them on a 400. Was thinking it is almost too small of a quad to do that too.

you didnt have any issues in the snow on the hills with the tracks. last year going into the hill climb out in the slocan a prowler on tracks chewed the trail up pretty good on the way up.
They gear down the sprocket depending on the CC's. I wouldn't put tracks on anything smaller then a 650 V-twin, like the Kawi or Cat. My buddies 700 Grizz in high range seemed underpowered climbing a longer hill, in low range it was great on short steep climbs - didn't try it in low on long hill climbs. The bigger the CC, the better it would be.

I've seen tracked quads at the base of meteor hill climb before, should be an easy jaunt into there, definitely not going to see a quad climbing out of that bowl though!
Old 01-24-2009, 10:13 AM
Now I see what FIBC is about

D.R.800X2 Unknown Newbie
Tracks

I just ordered tracks for my 2007 Polaris 800X2. It took 4 grand but hey, you only live once. They are Camoplast Tatoe 4s all season tracks. They will be here next weekend, i cant wait. Today i`m heading out to get stuck on the 28`s.
Old 01-24-2009, 11:36 AM
Swollen Member

kootenaycat bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.800X2 View Post
I just ordered tracks for my 2007 Polaris 800X2. It took 4 grand but hey, you only live once. They are Camoplast Tatoe 4s all season tracks. They will be here next weekend, i cant wait. Today i`m heading out to get stuck on the 28`s.
Cool! Post pics from your rides.
Old 01-25-2009, 09:28 PM
Out-N-About

strokenit bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.800X2 View Post

Fuck ya someone to drag my sorry ass back to the truck. Was thinkin I need to get out for a ride in the next week or two Darren. How deep is it up around your place.
Old 01-25-2009, 09:30 PM
Big, Blonde and Beautiful!

Rdnk_Wmn Good newbie
I saw a guy at stave with one of those when it first snowed! he was going through everything, i wiould love to try one of those out!

neat pics!
Old 01-25-2009, 11:30 PM

D.R.800X2 Unknown Newbie
Talking The new tow-rig

Hey Strokenit, theres about 3 feet from the house up the back trail out but i`m still doin it on rubber. Lots of H.P. . If you head east at the y towards the high lakes its deeper.Yesterday i was with the bud on the Grizz with tracks and a guy on a V-max 600 sled, Grizz couldnt keep up on the main and i pinned the V-max up to 130 across the lake!Call me ,we`ll go beer fishin.
Old 01-26-2009, 08:08 AM
Out-N-About

strokenit bad newbie
Ran the track thing kinda past Mummy but she didn't think it was as good of an idea as I did. Huh, just don't understand that female logic wantin to buy and heat the house and all when we could buy a set of tracks instead. Thats why we all call her the voice of reason I guess.
So do I have a chance in hell of going anywhere?
Old 01-26-2009, 10:13 PM

D.R.800X2 Unknown Newbie
The voice of reason sucks!

Of course you can, theres lots of trails open for us. Besides youve got that dam puck slider stuff under there..... greased lightening you know! Let me know when, most weekends are open and tell your buds to come too, just dont bein a hurry to run home!!!!!!!!
Old 01-27-2009, 07:27 AM
Out-N-About

strokenit bad newbie
So what do you have to for clutching when you put the tracks on?