Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > All about your Ride > suzuki Talk

Old 11-26-2008, 02:37 PM
Gettin' out havin' fun

sobe Unknown Newbie
Samurai Gas Pedal Needed

So my gas pedal on my samurai keeps bending. Every time I step on the gas it bends a little more and it's getting weak from pulling it back into possition. Anyone have one kicking around they want to get rid of? I know it won't be long before this one breaks and then I'll be screwed
Old 11-26-2008, 02:39 PM
Out-N-About

spitty bad newbie
just sandwich it inbetween two sticks and wrap it in ducktape, bailing wire, and zapstraps and itll be good as new
Old 11-26-2008, 02:44 PM
Gettin' out havin' fun

sobe Unknown Newbie
I thought of that but it's not bending in a place I can sandwich or wrap.
Old 11-26-2008, 03:44 PM
665 neighbor of the beast

Tunabomber has a reputation beyond reputeTunabomber has a reputation beyond reputeTunabomber has a reputation beyond reputeTunabomber has a reputation beyond reputeTunabomber has a reputation beyond reputeTunabomber has a reputation beyond reputeTunabomber has a reputation beyond reputeTunabomber has a reputation beyond reputeTunabomber has a reputation beyond reputeTunabomber has a reputation beyond reputeTunabomber has a reputation beyond repute
any good sewing machine shop should have one
Old 11-26-2008, 06:14 PM

Draxxus Good newbie
i can get u one if u reply tonight ill pull it off other wise its goin to the wrecker
Old 11-26-2008, 07:18 PM
Gettin' out havin' fun

sobe Unknown Newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draxxus View Post
i can get u one if u reply tonight ill pull it off other wise its goin to the wrecker
I'd really appreciate that. How much $$ you want or what beer do you drink? Where are you located? I'm in Chilliwack and can be reached at:
604-340-5478 cell-local for Vancouver area
604-792-8022 home

just heading out to walk the dogs but I'll have my cell or I'll be back in about an hour.
Thanks mang
Old 11-27-2008, 10:46 AM
Gettin' out havin' fun

sobe Unknown Newbie
Well fu*k me. It's not alluminum after all. I pulled it off to see if I could jerry rig it to be a bit stiffer and it was heavier than I thought. So, I stuck a magnet on it and low and behold it stayed there. Sure as hell looks like aluminum. Must be that high quality Japanese steel. So I welded it up a bit more and it seems O.K. I'd still like to have a spare though as this one's still a bit flexy.
Seems like the only thing on my samurai that does flex
Old 11-27-2008, 04:32 PM
Prospect

blower bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobe View Post
Well fu*k me. It's not alluminum after all. I pulled it off to see if I could jerry rig it to be a bit stiffer and it was heavier than I thought. So, I stuck a magnet on it and low and behold it stayed there. Sure as hell looks like aluminum. Must be that high quality Japanese steel. So I welded it up a bit more and it seems O.K. I'd still like to have a spare though as this one's still a bit flexy.
Seems like the only thing on my samurai that does flex
i have one here already to go ,give me what ever,and i you need any other zook parts that i have laying around they'er cheap.i went toy so i don't need ll this stuff anymore. cheers.
Old 11-27-2008, 11:05 PM
Gettin' out havin' fun

sobe Unknown Newbie
That's awsome. I'll be going past Langley tommorow afternoon (around 3ish)and I'll be out that way on Saturday afternoon. Give me a call on my cell tomorrow and let's figure something out.
Old 12-03-2008, 10:05 PM
Gettin' out havin' fun

sobe Unknown Newbie
Thanks John. The pedal turned out to be only part of the problem but I got'er licked now. Like driving a new car!
Old 12-12-2008, 03:32 PM
Prospect

blower bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobe View Post
Thanks John. The pedal turned out to be only part of the problem but I got'er licked now. Like driving a new car!
glad everything worked out for ya.