Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > Adventure B.C. > General outdoor Discussion

General outdoor Discussion For any outdoor adventure. Trail talk, camping, skiing, hiking, etc If itís outside and fun talk about it here.

Old 11-11-2008, 11:42 PM
Having FUN IN B.C.
Swollen Member

hamberger bad newbie
Just pick your nose and tell him "you look purdy, ah sho do like a mayn in uneeform."

ham

'88 4Runner with some secret weapons
Old 11-12-2008, 10:04 AM
Original Chia Head

crimsen bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by kootenaycat View Post
Snowmobiles are exempt from the insurance thing since they are not permitted on a plowed (active) logging road. Can't recall off hand where I read it, but I think it's in the motor vehicle act. As for the rest, I've been told by some people it's always been law that you need insurance on any logging road but after talking to the insurance agent who's family member is a CO, she stated (CO's words) that it isn't law YET, but will be soon. Wish they could get the stories straight.

My opinion is that all users should have third party liability, just need it to be affordable. And all users includes non-motorized, if my quad needs insurance to ride on crown land then so should all those mountain bikes on the railbeds. Same goes for public highways.

is that all fsr, even if it is plowed? i can see that for roads which are not plowed, but if on a plowed road or maintained for a snowmobile route then i would figure it needs the liability.

all vehicles on a FSR need liability, and yes all rules of the regular highway are still applicable on the gravel. its just extreamly hard to get caught offroad so the risk is minimal but it is still a risk you take.

Official FIBC DD
Old 11-15-2008, 09:53 AM
thay call me drunkin Ira Haze
Swollen Member

lincoln locked bad newbie
every time i run into the co's thay just ask if i have any guns and ask if i am hunting i say no and thay say stay out of the sensitive areas and all is cool i kinda try and be nice to them cus thay can make your life misserable if you cross them the wrong way
Old 11-15-2008, 10:26 AM
Having FUN IN B.C.

girlcrazy_4 Unknown Newbie
What do the co's drive???
Old 11-15-2008, 11:38 AM
Prospect

jesslee Unknown Newbie
usually green chev pickups
Old 11-15-2008, 12:53 PM
Out-N-About

ktowner351 Unknown Newbie
very large dark blue f 250 lights on the roof and then some of the ministrys guys havethe green MOF trucks with a set of red lights up top
Old 11-15-2008, 12:55 PM
Out-N-About

ktowner351 Unknown Newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlcrazy_4 View Post
What do the co's drive???
drive by that new tim hortens on enterprise and the building behind the drive thru usually has on sitting in the compound..
Old 11-15-2008, 01:47 PM
Not a Newbie

jeepingpw bad newbie
As for FSR's , its been about 15 years since they came up with the "same as a public road".

You can not legally operate any un-licenced motor veh on any posted FS Road regaurdless if you have liability insurance.
If you are on a quad or such on a FSR & get into a crash with a licenced veh. you are screwed!

The liabilty insurance covers you on any road off the FSR, if you crash there, it'll cover you when the guy in the licenced veh sues you.

I used to live up Goudie Rd (1984 to 2000) & have been busted 4 times either in my un-licenced jeep or my quad/trike while going up to James Lk from my house.

The only way you can run a quad on a FSR is with the Gov't licence plate , which you can't get. (same ones as on the SIR quads)

A few years back a buddy's licenced PU got hit by 2 kids on a quad nearly killing them.
It happened off the FSR so the cops didn't charge the kids nor their parents & ICBC fixed his truck. The parents tried to sue my buddy even though the kids hit him, it was thrown out of court.
The cops said that if it would have been on the FSR, charges against the kids / parents would have been layed & my buddy could have also sued them.

Also CO's (blue trucks), the guys from the Forestry (green trucks) & even the Commercial Veh guys (white Yukons) can bust you. The Commercial Veh. guys were up Christian Valley last Thursday busting guys.

It really comes down to the attitude of the guy stopping you.
I said screw it & sold my quads & now if I want to drive my jeep, I licence it.
Old 11-18-2008, 01:10 AM
Gettin' out havin' fun

bigrig81 Good newbie
yes, everything that jeepingpw just said is fully accurate as i've heard having been born and raised in the Okanagan. seems strange that Hoyer or one of his cohorts pulled the power trip, i've been stopped by them lots, never having had problems with them and have friends (hunters from sportsman association) that work with them during hunting season to stop poachers and careless hunters.

as per the sensitive areas.... they can and will ticket you the $500+ ticket as a friend of mine got nailed in a bog up above peachland. As I udnerstand it, Postil has been overlooked for obvious reasons of not wanting to push people ppl out of an already ecologically screwed wetland to go destroy relatively natural ones. I am kinda torn tho..... while i love wheeling, i think it's good to keep the spudspudspudspudspud out of and off of places like little white, which are fragile, alpine ecosystems. if those guys would just stick to the rock crawl up the mtn, nobody would have gotten the boot , but instead they go off trail and make an absolute mess of the beautiful alpine and meadows and ruin it for everyone. anwyay just a little tangent i think it's a good principle that you don't hear much about anymore....."tread lightly"
Old 11-20-2008, 11:23 PM
Outback adventurer

baluch Unknown Newbie
Yeah, this guy was definitely power tripping, probably having a bad day. I didn't lip him off because I had been fishing and had a few wobbly pops and didn't wanna push my luck. I'm pretty damn sure he can't do anything unless he saw me _IN_ the sensitive area, whereas he was threatening me under assumptions. And I'm pretty sure assumptions don't hold up in court.

Hehe, I forgot all about this thread.
Old 11-21-2008, 05:55 PM
Having FUN IN B.C.

85_GMC_4x4 bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by baluch View Post
Yeah, this guy was definitely power tripping, probably having a bad day. I didn't lip him off because I had been fishing and had a few wobbly pops and didn't wanna push my luck. I'm pretty damn sure he can't do anything unless he saw me _IN_ the sensitive area, whereas he was threatening me under assumptions. And I'm pretty sure assumptions don't hold up in court.

Hehe, I forgot all about this thread.
I'm sure we can safely assume you were up to no good Jackass!
Fricken tearing up the wildflowers n shit, you should be ashamed.

Ashamed you didn't offer to take me with you
Old 11-29-2008, 12:02 AM
Outback adventurer

baluch Unknown Newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85_GMC_4x4 View Post
I'm sure we can safely assume you were up to no good Jackass!
Fricken tearing up the wildflowers n shit, you should be ashamed.

Ashamed you didn't offer to take me with you

Fuck off ya knobgobbler! Who let you out of the garage anyway? You're just pissed because there are less flowers to put behind your ears as you dance hippy-like through the meadow! Your truck has been sitting the back yard so long, there must be sunflowers growing through the floor by now!

We were fishing, and I know how much you love fishing... You'll be riding in style tomorrow though - Miller can't wait to make you itchy!

Old 11-29-2008, 09:26 PM
Manlier than a pirate

MetalMan bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamberger View Post
Just pick your nose and tell him "you look purdy, ah sho do like a mayn in uneeform."

ham

Best advice in the thread
Old 12-26-2008, 01:13 PM
Having FUN IN B.C.

BuckNaked Good newbie
i got dinged almost $500 for wheelin' in a construction site that wasnt even gated.. stupid prick said I was ruining their topsoil as I drove over a pile of rocks. Needless to say their topsoil got ruined shortly after
________
Vaporizer

Last edited by BuckNaked : 03-13-2011 at 03:27 PM.
Old 12-26-2008, 01:32 PM
Albatross
Swollen Member

barracuda bad newbie
why would you wheel a construction site as it is pretty easy to figure out you shouldnt be there.
you say that the topsoil did get wrecked afterwards (someone retaliated?)so i would say the this is the very problem that the public sees and does not want .

sorry dude but you were in the wrong and if you had a hand in any damage done to the place then you are exactly what the fourwheeling community does not need.