Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > Adventure B.C. > General outdoor Discussion

General outdoor Discussion For any outdoor adventure. Trail talk, camping, skiing, hiking, etc If itís outside and fun talk about it here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #61  
Old 11-11-2008, 05:22 PM
crazydude crazydude is offline
Having FUN IN B.C.
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Kelowna B.C.
Posts: 732
crazydude Unknown Newbie
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by moondog View Post
Yeah your right Walt I should know better than to get envolved in
__________________
Get busy living or get busy dieing
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 11-11-2008, 05:48 PM
sparkes3 sparkes3 is offline
Having FUN IN B.C.
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: surrey, Canada.
Posts: 790
sparkes3 bad newbie
Reputation: 0
somebody's gonna get hurt
__________________
has sami issues
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 11-11-2008, 06:32 PM
Trailjunkie's Avatar
Trailjunkie Trailjunkie is offline
loosing pavement gives me a
Swollen Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: hatzic
Posts: 8,919
Trailjunkie Good newbie
Reputation: 12
thats it im goin to fucked right now and move two rocks and a log. then its mine heh heh! you own shit boys. the trails are everyone's period.
__________________
father junkie abidesTEAM HEEPS !
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 11-11-2008, 06:57 PM
epic3's Avatar
epic3 epic3 is offline
cornbinder on coils
Swollen Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Richmond, Canada.
Posts: 13,725
epic3 bad newbie
Reputation: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murd0ug View Post
but if everyone had a map to it that could be more possible. People just don't have any respect up here I wish it wasn't that way but there's nothing we can do about it.
I guess its really respectful makin a trail without permit or consent on gov run crown land and or private land eh.
Do any trail huggers do ecological impact studies in the areas they make these trails before they do?
If not then why care about the possibility of damage people do runnin the trail and leavin shit behind.
Its hypocracy
__________________
founding member of A.A.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 11-11-2008, 07:23 PM
SquirreL-E SquirreL-E is offline
Having FUN IN B.C.
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Abbotsford
Posts: 791
SquirreL-E Unknown Newbie
Reputation: 10
ah hah, i think its funny how asking for simple directions, turns into this =D, oh well, never would have thought that was the trail but it was a good little run.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 11-11-2008, 08:37 PM
FKN MRK's Avatar
FKN MRK FKN MRK is offline
Stop staring at my
Swollen Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Usually in a tent near; Davis lake, Stave Lake, Harrison,
Posts: 4,401
FKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond repute
Reputation: 2147483647
__________________
"We're here for a good time, not a long time. So have a good time. The sun cant shine every day"
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 11-11-2008, 08:50 PM
spanky's Avatar
spanky spanky is offline
I like to suck on High Wheelers
Swollen Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Bitchville, Canada.
Posts: 4,838
spanky bad newbie
Reputation: 7
wow that was exciting and Mark your the MAN you made this thread interesting
__________________
It's all about the dildos and porn
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 11-11-2008, 08:56 PM
Apathy's Avatar
Apathy Apathy is offline
All The FIBC women love my
Swollen Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: puyallup Wa
Posts: 5,665
Apathy Good newbie
Reputation: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailjunkie View Post
thats it im goin to fucked right now and move two rocks and a log. then its mine heh heh! you own shit boys. the trails are everyone's period.
I agree the trails are everybodies.. BUT, to me, its these type of people who fuck them up.

People with less capable rigs, winch rocks, pull logs, stack stones.. so that after a short period of time its a paved road.

Then its no fun for the others.
If people stuck to trails that are at their rigs capabilities, then there wouldnt be such an issue.

When i ran the rubicon last year, 3 guys were winching a rock off of the trail so they could get past it in their jeeps.

After they did that.. i did a dickhead move (on purpose) i drove right over the rock, wich kicked it back into the trail where it should have been left.

this is why i don't give out directions to some trails. As well as posting up easy ones on the open net all the time so every dipshit can go find it and screw it up. (i.e. davis lake)
I wish it wasn't this way, but it is.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apathy View Post
so, how was the dick?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happypants View Post
Salty as usual
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 11-11-2008, 10:18 PM
Moondog's Avatar
Moondog Moondog is offline
Make your own-iEdit Title in 'User CP'
Swollen Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Mission
Posts: 5,514
Moondog bad newbie
Reputation: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathy View Post
I agree the trails are everybodies.. BUT, to me, its these type of people who fuck them up.

People with less capable rigs, winch rocks, pull logs, stack stones.. so that after a short period of time its a paved road.

Then its no fun for the others.
If people stuck to trails that are at their rigs capabilities, then there wouldnt be such an issue.

When i ran the rubicon last year, 3 guys were winching a rock off of the trail so they could get past it in their jeeps.

After they did that.. i did a dickhead move (on purpose) i drove right over the rock, wich kicked it back into the trail where it should have been left.

this is why i don't give out directions to some trails. As well as posting up easy ones on the open net all the time so every dipshit can go find it and screw it up. (i.e. davis lake)
I wish it wasn't this way, but it is.
Ok I can see where you are coming from but if the trails that you like to run are getting fucked up by people with the less capable rigs then do what you did in the first place get over it and build a new trail. Keep it to yourself for as long as you can but always rember that it is not yours.
In regards to Davis I was part of the group that reopened Davis around 4 years ago now. Do I regret it NO it's a beautiful spot and for the most part it is clean. When ot does need a clean up I just go along and try to do my bit to keep it clean and tidy. You will always get assholes who do not respect shit that is just a fact of life.
The one thing about Davis that pisses me off more than anything is that the Davis appointed warden (EIEIO the guy who started all of this shit) does FUCKALL to help keep it clean nor does he come along to any of the organisied clean ups . He would rather just come on here and make idle threats when people post pics of there trucks in the lake or cause shit in peoples posts.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 11-11-2008, 10:40 PM
Josh_M Josh_M is offline
Back at it
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pitt meadows
Posts: 1,359
Josh_M Good newbie
Reputation: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by EIEIO View Post
No, not trail huggers, but if you spent as much time as we have to build a hard trail section you wouldnt want it blasted all over the interweb so assholes can modify it to make it easy and say "im soooo cool, I ran fuct" Just like 6 ft under.
Totally agree with you on that one. If you find the trail good for you run it. If you go with a group of people and run the trail, good for you keep running it. But IMO asking trail directions online, publically is just a bad idea. Sure the guy asking for directions to it wont wreck it, but theres so many lurkers on this forum that eventually that trails gonna get found by the wrong people and get shut down, or its gonna keep getting easier and easier and stacked and cut wide open and its gonna turn into a highway. Same thing happens alll the time with mountain bike trails.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 11-12-2008, 12:03 AM
Apathy's Avatar
Apathy Apathy is offline
All The FIBC women love my
Swollen Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: puyallup Wa
Posts: 5,665
Apathy Good newbie
Reputation: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by moondog View Post
do what you did in the first place get over it and build a new trail.
i live in the states, You go to jail for that.

I was speaking in general about trails.
I have never run fuct.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apathy View Post
so, how was the dick?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happypants View Post
Salty as usual
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 11-12-2008, 10:24 AM
EIEIO's Avatar
EIEIO EIEIO is offline
Sofa king wee todd did
Swollen Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Mission
Posts: 4,458
EIEIO bad newbie
Reputation: 0
This thread is awesome. The only reason why I was saying your a douche Dave is because FIBC does not have any type of blocking for this thread, and you know that. Anyone that even views this site as a guest could see those directions. PM him if you want to tell him where it is, dont tell everyone else.

And im FAR from some type of elitest, but when something differs from my opinion im going to state it. Take it or leave it, I dont care but im gonna voice my opinion no matter what.

And for Davis mr. Dave - Think all you want. I have other things that take up time, I was the only one to show up for important meetings regarding it. I took initiative to help out so the gov't isnt the only one making the decisions. How bout you pull up the thread in the hardcore emembers section from when I was in there and starting a Davis lake cleanup, see how many people said they were gonna help and how many people showed up. Oh ya, 1, me. Deb came by and picked up the trash that I piled up.

You can sit behind your keyboard and say that I dont do anything, blah blah blah. Ya I helped open it too 4 years ago, also opened it with the new trail that is there about 2 years ago. Whats your point?


Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 11-12-2008, 11:09 AM
England's Avatar
England England is offline
and his
Swollen Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Pittmeadows, BC, Canada.
Posts: 9,379
England bad newbie
Reputation: -2
Im gonna run all the trails in a mini cooper circa 68 1.3 injection backwards !!!!!! BITCHEZ .. with empties flying out the window while I light my doobie !!!!!!!! Im gonna move rocks build walls and towers and have them maned by the wee folk ..And they will be armed with shit sticks and will prod people who do not do my bidding !!!!!! And any hard rocks etc will be covered in poo to stop people from moving them and also random cum stains ..... And if anyone gets past all this ... THEY WILL GET A SHINY PAPER CLIP !!!!


Oh































I like chicken !
__________________
Confidence. It's the of the wiseman but the liquor of the fool.!!!
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 11-12-2008, 11:19 AM
Honky's Avatar
Honky Honky is offline
winter camping give me a
Swollen Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Mission
Posts: 27,227
Honky bad newbie
Reputation: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by EIEIO View Post
This thread is awesome. The only reason why I was saying your a douche Dave is because FIBC does not have any type of blocking for this thread, and you know that. Anyone that even views this site as a guest could see those directions. PM him if you want to tell him where it is, dont tell everyone else.

And im FAR from some type of elitest, but when something differs from my opinion im going to state it. Take it or leave it, I dont care but im gonna voice my opinion no matter what.

And for Davis mr. Dave - Think all you want. I have other things that take up time, I was the only one to show up for important meetings regarding it. I took initiative to help out so the gov't isnt the only one making the decisions. How bout you pull up the thread in the hardcore emembers section from when I was in there and starting a Davis lake cleanup, see how many people said they were gonna help and how many people showed up. Oh ya, 1, me. Deb came by and picked up the trash that I piled up.

You can sit behind your keyboard and say that I dont do anything, blah blah blah. Ya I helped open it too 4 years ago, also opened it with the new trail that is there about 2 years ago. Whats your point?



Hey Travis…we are doing a clean up not this weekend but the following…Hope you can come out and help
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 11-12-2008, 11:59 AM
EIEIO's Avatar
EIEIO EIEIO is offline
Sofa king wee todd did
Swollen Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Mission
Posts: 4,458
EIEIO bad newbie
Reputation: 0
Depending on how work is going I could possibly make it down for that. I will let ya know closer too. What day, sunday or saturday and what time?
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Style Design By: Resourcelabz.se