Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > Adventure B.C. > General outdoor Discussion

General outdoor Discussion For any outdoor adventure. Trail talk, camping, skiing, hiking, etc If itís outside and fun talk about it here.

Old 10-29-2008, 08:16 PM
Fuck Jesus he does not exist

surreysinner bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by skuzzy View Post
ya i talked to the guy the owns a boat shop and he might have some and if not then im going to go the the tug boat company on the pitt river.....
I got a couple 20'+ lengths if you want one.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:18 PM
cheese burger eating wallrus mofo
Swollen Member

boyzen bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkin View Post
Its not just the straps that break. I let Mat pull a guy out once, and his tow hook on his truck broke and shot back at the Pumpkin. It put a two inch slice on the bottom of my gas tank, which is 1/16 steel. If that had gone higher and through the back window, well you see where I'm going with this. After that we only did small pulls, anything stuck bad was winched out, with me and Mat standing clear.
I totally agree where you hook the strap is the most important part .I have had tailgates destroyed a couple times ,even know some people to put expanded steel in there back window for protection ,( good idea if you pull lots .we were also doing a two truck tug and i was in the middle and a strap came through the front window landed on the seat between me and my passenger .in is dangerous but lots of times nessassary(sp)
Old 10-29-2008, 08:19 PM
Rollin like a redneck
Swollen Member

Happypants Good newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkin View Post
Its not just the straps that break. I let Mat pull a guy out once, and his tow hook on his truck broke and shot back at the Pumpkin. It put a two inch slice on the bottom of my gas tank, which is 1/16 steel. If that had gone higher and through the back window, well you see where I'm going with this. After that we only did small pulls, anything stuck bad was winched out, with me and Mat standing clear.
thats what my friends and i do, big stucks we use a winch, little stucks get a strap, even then when winching i make my friends put there hoods up just in case and we use dampiners on the winch line in case it snaps it absorbs most of the energy instead of the winch line itself,
Old 10-29-2008, 09:37 PM
Rookie

superdoody350 Unknown Newbie
picture / video request

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockkrawler22 View Post
does anybody else have pics of this. something i can show nate

Hey Mike ,

My name Is Scott I was the guy who winched out Nates truck after the Air Ambulance took off. We have a couple of Video's from that day [ not the actual accident] but from when the Air abulance arrived until it took off. If you want it I can get you a copy on DVD but I have no idea how to post them [ and dont think I would out of respect for Nate]. I could drop off a copy of the CD if you or Nate want it.

Scott
Old 10-29-2008, 10:01 PM
Now I see what FIBC is about

skuzzy Unknown Newbie
so i just came from the hospital and gave him everyone's hopes and whishes.......was there for about an hr talkin to him and his girlfriend......everything is good with him and he said hopefully he can go home tomorrow.....if not the doctors said saturday for sure then.......he wants to have a get together with everyone that was up there and helped out when hes out.....and we had a good talk about everything that happened and what have ya.......so theres the update for everyone......
Old 10-29-2008, 10:10 PM
do you want to touch my

ri0 bad newbie
thats good to hear man = )
Old 10-29-2008, 10:11 PM

rockkrawler22 Good newbie
hey scott thanks again for the tow out and i'm sure nate would like to see the video. i work in burnaby and live in langley, i could pick it up too. give me a call on my cell 604 788 4678. thanks again.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:14 PM
Rookie

I' ll make a copy and give you a call as soon as its done .
Old 10-29-2008, 10:18 PM
Now I see what FIBC is about

skuzzy Unknown Newbie
hey surreysinner if u got a tug boat rope to spear then ya i would love one..........
Old 10-29-2008, 10:32 PM
Rookie

Hey Skuzzy,

Send a PM to Fredyfingers......

He may be able to hook you up with a tug Rope, he works for SeaSpan [Deck Hand}

Tell em Scott sent you
Old 10-29-2008, 11:48 PM

rockkrawler22 Good newbie
Hey all! (sorry Mike had to use your account as mine (Chevy77) isn't working properly)
This is Rhea, gf of the guy that was serioulsy hurt at Stave on Oct 26/08, Nate Kazakoff. On behalf of Nate, his family, myself and of course Mike (although I'm sure he's said it many times already ), thank you for all the help, whishes, prayers and support you have all sent! It's greatly appreciated!
It was an amazing feeling to have everyone come together on Sunday and help us out, words aren't enough.
To date, he's coming along really well and should be home the latest this weekend and looking REALLY forward to being out of that joint
Nate has said that as soon as the Doc gives the okay, he'd like for all of us to get together and have a great day of wheeling!
I ask you all please let this be a lesson learned and check your gear or either wear helmets or have headache bars put on your toys!! Freak accidents happen and if we can prevent a repeat then do it!
Again, thank you all and happy and safe wheelin!!! - Rhea
Old 10-29-2008, 11:53 PM
Big, Blonde and Beautiful!

Rdnk_Wmn Good newbie
glad to here sweetie
Old 10-30-2008, 04:56 PM

BudgetXJ Good newbie
Good to hear Rhea! And thanks for keepin us posted Skuzzy, we were pullin for him!
Old 10-30-2008, 09:32 PM
Not a Newbie

dari Unknown Newbie
any more news about how he is?
Old 10-30-2008, 10:07 PM
your wife loves my

NickB bad newbie
Great to hear the news. Hopin for a speedy recovery.