Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > Adventure B.C. > General outdoor Discussion

General outdoor Discussion For any outdoor adventure. Trail talk, camping, skiing, hiking, etc If itís outside and fun talk about it here.

Old 10-16-2008, 10:21 PM
Having FUN IN B.C.

Justin_B Unknown Newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by barracuda View Post
I wouldnt care if there were gates and user fees asl long as the low lifes were kept out
I agree, i live 5min away from the place and i dont even like going up there.The fee thing might help out? never know. They got offroad parks down in the states everywhere, i dont think i know of any in BC? mabey this could be the first one. Id pay the 10-15 bucks for the day, cost of a 6 pack.

Last edited by Justin_B : 10-16-2008 at 10:30 PM.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:24 PM
take off eh
Swollen Member

hoser Good newbie
i heard there draining stave all together and turning into the worlds largest cricket field..all of the top players such as sanchin tendulkar,sourav ganguly,sunil gavaskar, kapil dev, and rahul dravid are going to tour the area..there all chasing after the ranji trophy this year ..its going to be a blast
Old 10-16-2008, 11:10 PM
I THINK IVE GOT A
Swollen Member

mini bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
i heard there draining stave all together and turning into the worlds largest cricket field..all of the top players such as sanchin tendulkar,sourav ganguly,sunil gavaskar, kapil dev, and rahul dravid are going to tour the area..there all chasing after the ranji trophy this year ..its going to be a blast

dont be such a sarcastic DICKHEAD the is trying to make a point that if we dont do the right thing now they are never going to give us this chance again

nothing witty to put here yet
Old 10-16-2008, 11:25 PM
2007 lifted blue yamaha 350

yummysweet350 bad newbie
i filled out my survey and faxed it in all it is ....wait and see ...what and when

Old 10-17-2008, 12:00 AM
doesn't play well with others
Swollen Member

m j bad newbie
secure parking, like at the park n rides?
it must be nice to live in a total fantasy world with all the pixies and elfs.
Alouette has everything you ask for already, now why dont you go crawling there?

there is nothing the government couldn't fuck up by sticking their nose in. (Kraqa, have a quick look at the useage of 'there' and 'their'. I used both in one sentence to help you figure it out)

restricted access is just that, restricted access, with some fuckhead making $$ off our land and relaxation time.
if you have been paying any attention you might be aware they also privatized our parks.
A quick look at the dumfuckery that resulted in at Alouette would maybe help clue you in that they suck at managing everything.
even in a controlled area like Alouette fuckheads still find a way to burn down the buildings from time to time.

Getting on board to have Government put up structures for idiots to vandalize is just going to lead to a circle of tightening restrictions.

to be honest, the group that frequents this site, that go out of their way to smack down the car burners and dumpers is probably the most effective plan I have ever heard of.
nothing I have ever heard of on PC4x4 or Crib or anywhere else is more fair to all users.
if you fuck that area up, there is a chance someone will confront you about it, but everyone else still gets to use the area unrestricted.

all you are going to do is help get an area closed.
and for what? a chance at getting showers installed?
its 15 minutes to downtown Mission or downtown Haney from Stave Dam.
if you need a shower then roll into town and have a shower, the rec centers must have showers.
if thats too far then get a big 5th wheel rather then paving paradise and putting up a parking lot.
Old 10-17-2008, 12:04 AM

RIFF RAFF has a reputation beyond reputeRIFF RAFF has a reputation beyond reputeRIFF RAFF has a reputation beyond reputeRIFF RAFF has a reputation beyond reputeRIFF RAFF has a reputation beyond reputeRIFF RAFF has a reputation beyond reputeRIFF RAFF has a reputation beyond reputeRIFF RAFF has a reputation beyond reputeRIFF RAFF has a reputation beyond reputeRIFF RAFF has a reputation beyond reputeRIFF RAFF has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
he's got inside info
Old 10-17-2008, 12:06 AM
doesn't play well with others
Swollen Member

m j bad newbie
oh I almost forgot, if you read on this site a bit you will see a few of the dedicated have hot tubs they set up at Stave.
if they can get a hottub up n running out there you should be able to figure out a simple shower.
Old 10-17-2008, 01:05 AM
Back at it

Josh_M Good newbie
Honestly, like all things i think this park is gonna be really good for some, and really bad for others.. main faults that i see affecting me are :

- Possible VI's coming into stave

- I ride a 2 stroke atv, its gonna be too loud, no spark arrestor,two strokes are getting phased out (banned eventually, no two smokes allowed there one day because there bad for the environment)

- Certain spots where you can and cannot go... if the flats are "getting eroded" then they may be banned for 4x4's ?

- Doesnt really affect me, but no alchohol

- Ive seen government approved downhill MTB trails, there horrible, essentially just downhill single track. All jumps tables.

- They suck at making MTB trails, so i doubt there gonna make good quad trails, and if they do, I bet they wont be 2WD friendly

Honestly, I think stave is fine as it is. Yea theres fuck heads, and shit gets left there, but its nice to have a place to go where you can drive your truck, or anything motorized. Its also a nice escape from the government and city run areas.. almost like a place ruled by the people that inhabit it. If it gets turned into an off road park eventually, I really doubt its going to be as fun. The chaos at stave is almost what makes stave a cool place.. within reason. Idiots torching cars and doing 140 on logging roads have GOTTA GO.
Old 10-17-2008, 01:52 AM
Rollin like a redneck
Swollen Member

Happypants Good newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraqa View Post
Man you guys really have this all wrong.

our 4x4ing area's are gogin to get shut down regardless. Busting gates is not the answer. We have a chance to make this what we want. I know there is a huge animosity between the crawlers and the boggers but seriously. Were all in the same sport just diferent avenues and its time liek this that we need to support each other as best as we can.

This may seem liek a bad thing......drunken boggin probably wont be abel to happen. But they are not shutting it down they are makign it a pay for access area with tones of benefits. I went to the meeting and really its not that bad.

Whatís happening right now:
-Mission wants to get something done about the reckless behaviouse up at stave
-They have contracted a architectural design company to set this area up for a OHV style area
-this is in prefeasibility stage as they have no idea what the people using the area actually want/need.

What is being proposed:
-Controlled pay access to stave lake area (Burma Road and surrounding areaís)
-Camping / camp grounds along the lake side
-Mountain bike trails (downhill / flat land riding)
-ATV Trails
-Dirt bike trails
-Hiking trails
-4x4ing
-Secure Parking lot
-Possibility of showers (for the camping)

Their Goals
-Have a safe, clean place to go enjoy different styles of outdoor recreation.
-They understand that wheeling is here (and they support that) to stay but they want to stop the style of recklessness that happens at stave.

you guys will do what you want. but their are responsible people tryign to work with them so this area can have full mud boggin / rock crawling / trail riding area's.

i for one think i'd be able to afford a $50-100 a year pass to wheel in there all i want with secure parking and a well definted trail system.

SHit you spen how much on your truck...2g's....10g's.....30g's.....

and you don't wana pay a small amoutn to do it in a way that is Legal???

good point there kris, it would make me feel better about leaving my truck and trailer in a secure parking lot, and i dont have a problem paying 50 or 100 bucks for a yearly pass, one thing i asked the guy was if there was going to be certain times that there closed/open, cause lots of times ppl are out there till 2 or 3 in the morning having bon fires and such, he couldnt give me a straight answer, one thing that worrys me, are there going to be more cops out there handing out MVI`S?
Old 10-17-2008, 08:50 AM
kill cancer
Swollen Member

bakelite bad newbie
Kraqa, thanks for the info and the efforts you are making. Some of us do appreciate it very much.
Old 10-17-2008, 11:35 AM
Rookie

jamiedouglas Unknown Newbie
Great idea, I agree!
Old 10-17-2008, 11:57 AM
Sofa king wee todd did
Swollen Member

EIEIO bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by m j View Post
secure parking, like at the park n rides?
it must be nice to live in a total fantasy world with all the pixies and elfs.
Alouette has everything you ask for already, now why dont you go crawling there?

there is nothing the government couldn't fuck up by sticking their nose in. (Kraqa, have a quick look at the useage of 'there' and 'their'. I used both in one sentence to help you figure it out)

restricted access is just that, restricted access, with some fuckhead making $$ off our land and relaxation time.
if you have been paying any attention you might be aware they also privatized our parks.
A quick look at the dumfuckery that resulted in at Alouette would maybe help clue you in that they suck at managing everything.
even in a controlled area like Alouette fuckheads still find a way to burn down the buildings from time to time.

Getting on board to have Government put up structures for idiots to vandalize is just going to lead to a circle of tightening restrictions.

to be honest, the group that frequents this site, that go out of their way to smack down the car burners and dumpers is probably the most effective plan I have ever heard of.
nothing I have ever heard of on PC4x4 or Crib or anywhere else is more fair to all users.
if you fuck that area up, there is a chance someone will confront you about it, but everyone else still gets to use the area unrestricted.

all you are going to do is help get an area closed.
and for what? a chance at getting showers installed?
its 15 minutes to downtown Mission or downtown Haney from Stave Dam.
if you need a shower then roll into town and have a shower, the rec centers must have showers.
if thats too far then get a big 5th wheel rather then paving paradise and putting up a parking lot.

Once again you go spewing your mouth about stuff you have no idea about, just like you do on Crawlin. Its time to fuck off buddy, you have a bad negativity problem with anything anyone wants to say.

In all honesty, its GOING to happen wherther we like it or not. You want to have your voice heard and have an impact on what is going on then come out and voice your opinion on how things should be. Shine a light to the government about how things work up there cause they have NO FUCKING IDEA.

Or you can sit behind your keyboard like you do all the time MJ and pretend like you know anything. Just cause you helped out on Pirate doesnt mean you have the right to give people bad information.
Old 10-17-2008, 12:24 PM
winter camping give me a
Swollen Member

Honky bad newbie
I better pop two bags for this
Old 10-17-2008, 12:47 PM
Sofa king wee todd did
Swollen Member

EIEIO bad newbie
Pop one for me too Kev

Old 10-17-2008, 12:57 PM
I have a huge