Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > Adventure B.C. > General outdoor Discussion

General outdoor Discussion For any outdoor adventure. Trail talk, camping, skiing, hiking, etc If itís outside and fun talk about it here.

Old 10-09-2008, 01:20 AM
BlahBlahBlahFriknBlah
Swollen Member

OldEnuff bad newbie
Like MJ said it is already a done deal.......... the meeting and survey are not to determine IF they will do something but may have a voice in WHAT they actually do

whatever is finally done the "unrestricted recreational use" of the are will be over........... plain and simple
Old 10-09-2008, 02:52 AM
My carbon print is the size of a crater
Swollen Member

dirka dave bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tuna View Post

time for 4 high protest across the citys lawn

just sayn

ya ya ya i owe you beer

Now youre talkin !!
Old 10-09-2008, 10:42 AM
Sofa king wee todd did
Swollen Member

EIEIO bad newbie
So how many of you actually went down to have a look at it?

I only noticed one name from this site which would be Steve from 4WDABC on the very small list of names they had.

Its actually not that bad of an idea that they have. They are in the VERY early stages of this. Its a study. The people doing this thing dont even know what Rock Crawling is, we shined some light down on it for them and they were quite intrested in what we have to say.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:50 AM
Sofa king wee todd did
Swollen Member

EIEIO bad newbie
Another thing to add is that they are SOOOOO early in this that it could just not happen like it has been doing for the last umpteen years. I could see them taking to long to get the ball going and us have a gubbament change and everything get thrown out the window anyways. I asked when the next stage of this is going to be and the guy said that they would have to do some studys, etc. Maybe half way throgh next year he said... So if something does happen dont expect it for a few years anyways.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:01 PM
I wish i had a
Swollen Member

Chopstick has a spectacular aura aboutChopstick has a spectacular aura aboutChopstick has a spectacular aura about
i went down, it was a small presentation.. and the guy said that all the questions i asked was the same as what everyone else has said... personally the guy didn't seem like he cared or that he seemed like he didn't want to be there.. i think this thing is gonna happen no matter what we do.. unfortantly it might clean up stave but it will also make everyone go to other places and bring there garbage with them.. our playground everywhere else is gonna turn into a nightmare.. sorry just my 2 cents
Old 10-09-2008, 04:49 PM
Rollin like a redneck
Swollen Member

Happypants Good newbie
went down there with heep, wrote some stuff down, asked some q`s, gave em a peice of my mind, then went home a little more mad then i was before i got there,
Old 10-09-2008, 05:33 PM
doesn't play well with others
Swollen Member

m j bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Lo View Post
No man I'm talking about what you wrote. You need to take english 11 over again because It doesn't make any sense. Please explain what you mean by this comment.
I did mistype 1 letter. "mub" should be "mud"
if you cannot read it, then I suggest you go back and take a Reading Comprehension class as it doesn't seem to hard to grasp the meaning.

"They" are claiming evil mudboggers are causing erosion in a man made lake that was created and is manipulated constantly for Hydro power generation.
If that still hasn't sparked your melon into activity, think about the effect constantly raising and lowering of the water level will have on soil.
maybe try a home experiment with a dirt clump and a garden hose.
aim stream of water at dirt clump, then away from dirt clump, then back at dirt clump. what happens?
Old 10-09-2008, 09:14 PM
Frog Legs

4Lo bad newbie
Sure I will try your idea of a garden hose and a clump of dirt.....but instead let's replace the clump of dirt with your head. moron.

I was just trying to get you to clarify what you wrote.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:54 PM
it's 5' of
Swollen Member

D-Ass Good newbie
Quote:
4Lo Sure I will try your idea of a garden hose and a clump of dirt.....but instead let's replace the clump of dirt with your head. moron.

sounds like some one needs a hug!!

Beat your children or i will beat you!
Old 10-10-2008, 09:35 AM
RIP CHILLIWACK....

HEAVY METAL bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Lo View Post
Sure I will try your idea of a garden hose and a clump of dirt.....but instead let's replace the clump of dirt with your head. moron.

if i was you id shut the fuck up..... before micheal fucks you up....fuck man.. why ya beakin at someone you dont know... or want too know...u wouldnt be talkin too him like this if he was standing in fornt of you this i can garuntee
Old 10-10-2008, 07:39 PM
Frog Legs

4Lo bad newbie
What happened to having thick skin??

You are right about the part about calling him a moron I probly wouldn't say that to his face but the hose part I thought was funny.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:17 PM
Rookie

boogyman Unknown Newbie
un fortunately you are all rught they will eventualy close off stave and any other so called problem area as the mess that we try to help clean up is way out of our controle and like other areas that have been closed off they heal them selves after ten or so years but after that time they get developed for more housing projects. gee wasn't there logging roads or trails of some sort in fraser hights in Surrey about ten or so years ago now it's all one big sub-division
Old 10-16-2008, 09:14 PM
Prospect

Kraqa bad newbie
Man you guys really have this all wrong.

our 4x4ing area's are gogin to get shut down regardless. Busting gates is not the answer. We have a chance to make this what we want. I know there is a huge animosity between the crawlers and the boggers but seriously. Were all in the same sport just diferent avenues and its time liek this that we need to support each other as best as we can.

This may seem liek a bad thing......drunken boggin probably wont be abel to happen. But they are not shutting it down they are makign it a pay for access area with tones of benefits. I went to the meeting and really its not that bad.

What’s happening right now:
-Mission wants to get something done about the reckless behaviouse up at stave
-They have contracted a architectural design company to set this area up for a OHV style area
-this is in prefeasibility stage as they have no idea what the people using the area actually want/need.

What is being proposed:
-Controlled pay access to stave lake area (Burma Road and surrounding area’s)
-Camping / camp grounds along the lake side
-Mountain bike trails (downhill / flat land riding)
-ATV Trails
-Dirt bike trails
-Hiking trails
-4x4ing
-Secure Parking lot
-Possibility of showers (for the camping)

Their Goals
-Have a safe, clean place to go enjoy different styles of outdoor recreation.
-They understand that wheeling is here (and they support that) to stay but they want to stop the style of recklessness that happens at stave.

you guys will do what you want. but their are responsible people tryign to work with them so this area can have full mud boggin / rock crawling / trail riding area's.

i for one think i'd be able to afford a $50-100 a year pass to wheel in there all i want with secure parking and a well definted trail system.

SHit you spen how much on your truck...2g's....10g's.....30g's.....

and you don't wana pay a small amoutn to do it in a way that is Legal???
Jeap Thrills Customs Sponsored CAN-ROCK Buggy #604
Toyo Tires Race Team
Old 10-16-2008, 09:28 PM
Prospect

Rye Guy bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraqa View Post
Man you guys really have this all wrong............... ...way that is Legal???

Well put
Old 10-16-2008, 10:12 PM
Having FUN IN B.C.

bcwheeler Unknown Newbie
I agree with the guy ..... cant believe it but he might not be as much of an asshole as it seems..