Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > Adventure B.C. > General outdoor Discussion

General outdoor Discussion For any outdoor adventure. Trail talk, camping, skiing, hiking, etc If itís outside and fun talk about it here.

Old 10-05-2008, 06:46 PM
Frog Legs

4Lo bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOYLESS View Post
holy crap steve calm down.... JK

Well it's true ain't it??
Old 10-05-2008, 07:10 PM
Toys in the attic
Swollen Member

TOYLESS bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Lo View Post
Well it's true ain't it??
yeh its true! but im just being a laid back canadian
Old 10-05-2008, 07:12 PM
Frog Legs

4Lo bad newbie
instead of being a laid back canadian i think right now i'd rather be a canadian getting laid.
Old 10-05-2008, 10:00 PM
you can't fix stupid

SHITTY Unknown Newbie
taking away all the fun probly see tolls on all the loggong bridges soon .
Old 10-06-2008, 06:04 PM
doesn't play well with others
Swollen Member

m j bad newbie
http://www.mission.ca/AssetFactory.aspx?did=3146

fill it out, ask for ZERO services or improvements.
the more crap they put out there to be fucked up the more they can squack about vandalism and the need to gate it and restrict access.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:16 PM
Albatross
Swollen Member

barracuda bad newbie
Dont see a problem with makeing it a safe repectable place that civilized families can enjoy.

It is far from that now because there are way to many people that dont give a crap about anyone but themselves and they cause crap,destroy and abandon vehicles and generally make it an un safe and uncomfortable place for decent folks and families to go .

Its fine to have fun make a fire , blow off some steam etc etc but some of the crap that goes on there is just begging for the place to be shackled. Can you imagine what the tax base in maple ridge and mission think about stave?? especially the newcomers.

This wouldnt happen if asshats didnt treat it like a dump or a warzone its a shame but i have to say that it has only gotten worse over the years .
Old 10-06-2008, 06:16 PM
giver hard

Troy bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by m j View Post
http://www.mission.ca/AssetFactory.aspx?did=3146

fill it out, ask for ZERO services or improvements.
the more crap they put out there to be fucked up the more they can squack about vandalism and the need to gate it and restrict access.
i just printed that out and im out of black printer ink!

will do it tommorrow
Old 10-06-2008, 06:29 PM
Prospect

bustamove bad newbie
if they close down stave its just going to push all the people eles where. and if anyone has ever been up there on a sunny Sunday.... it can get quite packed. but what i have noticed lately up there, maybe its just me. but im seeing more quads bikes and other "toys" rather then trucks??
Old 10-06-2008, 09:57 PM
Prospect

Rye Guy bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailjunkie View Post
hey rye guy . we are not all drunken idiots. and as far as vi's half of what we are supposed to conform to is only related to road travel witch most of are rigs hardly ever do. there are more than enough public parks. get over yourself . the majority of us not only take care of are playground but tell others to do the same. the authorities should put there efforts into the 10% of punks who cause 90% of the problems. why should i loose my playground because of a few punks.the only answer as far the lazy ass government can see is profit off it. if you think for one second that even a small percent of that cash is going to the area your head is up your ass!! you wheel obviously why don't you watch as we loose all the areas we love and end up payin to go to lame ass 4x4 parks to try and wheel! that's all i got to say about that.
I can agree w/everything your sayin and what I posted was not directed at anyone specific... just the problem. If you do take care of our playgrounds then you should not need worry about what I said. Simply put non-offensivly is we've all seen it coming and it's no suprise. If we don't want to be the ones with the finger pointed @ us we need to wheel in more remote locations to avoid being tarred with the same feather. As far as pushing everyone further out... that is progress... what can we do? Anyone remember wheeling on albian island (fort langley) or strawberry island? They closed as wheeling spots despite club and bc4wda involment.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:15 PM
giver hard

Troy bad newbie
did the survey. emailed it and got an auto email back that said the contact is out of office until oct 15. basically emphasized that there needs to be no changes. on the part about what my concerns are about stave lake, i wrote about the illegal dumping, amount of garbage and littering and that recreational groups organize annual cleanups and make an attempt to try and regulate the problem.

anyone else care and send a survey in?
Old 10-06-2008, 10:33 PM
Make your own-
Swollen Member

Ginger Snaps Good newbie
filling mine out tonight
Old 10-06-2008, 11:04 PM
I wish i had a
Swollen Member

Chopstick has a spectacular aura aboutChopstick has a spectacular aura aboutChopstick has a spectacular aura about
i'm filling out the form tonight... i'm gonna go to the meeting if i dont get lost finding the joint (i dont know mission AT ALL) i know thats bad
Old 10-06-2008, 11:09 PM
mushroom capped

atoyot Good newbie
I use it and it affects me so while im there im also gonna give my 2 cents....
Old 10-07-2008, 02:04 AM
cornbinder on coils
Swollen Member

epic3 bad newbie
its never to late to be active in protecting the areas you frequent and keeping them open all it takes is more voices one way over the other.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:52 AM
Sofa king wee todd did
Swollen Member

EIEIO bad newbie
Poor east stave / davis