Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > Adventure B.C. > General outdoor Discussion

General outdoor Discussion For any outdoor adventure. Trail talk, camping, skiing, hiking, etc If itís outside and fun talk about it here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 10-04-2008, 09:15 PM
barracuda barracuda is offline
Albatross
Swollen Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: USA
Posts: 7,251
barracuda bad newbie
Reputation: 1
dance class?
__________________
The simple minded rumor mill is hard at work telling me the story of my life
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-04-2008, 11:16 PM
Chopstick's Avatar
Chopstick Chopstick is offline
I wish i had a
Swollen Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: china
Posts: 4,492
Chopstick has a spectacular aura aboutChopstick has a spectacular aura aboutChopstick has a spectacular aura about
Reputation: 200
7650 Grand Street? where is that in mission? i'll drag my buddy out there and go check it out.. i dirtbike an wheel there. thats the closes thing to go to on short notice to have fun. it would be a shame if they take it away !!! if this thing does go throu i hope they hit east stave, that place will start to look like the flats all in good time (it somewhat already does)
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-05-2008, 01:45 AM
Landlover Landlover is offline
Not a Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 505
Landlover Unknown Newbie
Reputation: 10
This post should be getting WAY more attention, this could change everything for us in the lower mainland, Stave is the closest playground we have.
__________________

Don't say my car is topless, say it's titties is out - Nas
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-05-2008, 07:01 AM
HEAVY METAL's Avatar
HEAVY METAL HEAVY METAL is offline
RIP CHILLIWACK....
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Aunt Jemima's house, YO
Posts: 16,548
HEAVY METAL bad newbie
Reputation: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landlover View Post
This post should be getting WAY more attention, this could change everything for us in the lower mainland, Stave is the closest playground we have.

dude there is nothing we can do but move on....
__________________
wheelin a P40 Warhawk
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-05-2008, 09:49 AM
spanky's Avatar
spanky spanky is offline
I like to suck on High Wheelers
Swollen Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Bitchville, Canada.
Posts: 4,838
spanky bad newbie
Reputation: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heep View Post
7650 Grand Street? where is that in mission? i'll drag my buddy out there and go check it out.. i dirtbike an wheel there. thats the closes thing to go to on short notice to have fun. it would be a shame if they take it away !!! if this thing does go throu i hope they hit east stave, that place will start to look like the flats all in good time (it somewhat already does)
It's the mission leisure centre where the pool and ice arenas are
__________________
It's all about the dildos and porn
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 10-05-2008, 12:42 PM
barracuda barracuda is offline
Albatross
Swollen Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: USA
Posts: 7,251
barracuda bad newbie
Reputation: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landlover View Post
This post should be getting WAY more attention, this could change everything for us in the lower mainland, Stave is the closest playground we have.
stave has been abused for so long and the property in there is very valuable for many reasons beyond immediate use.

It is called Progress, you cant keep adding folks the the lower mainland without consumeing space.
__________________
The simple minded rumor mill is hard at work telling me the story of my life
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-05-2008, 02:19 PM
Trooper Trooper is offline
Fisting for dollars
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Vancouver, Canada.
Posts: 1,543
Trooper bad newbie
Reputation: 1
I'm surpised stave is even still open. Everytime I go to east stave the biggest problem i see if stolen/butchered livestalk. 3 weeks ago I found 13 fresh cow skulls and entrails.

I wont pay to camp there is NO way I would pay to wheel.
__________________

Taint nothin'
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 10-05-2008, 02:44 PM
Cookie's Avatar
Cookie Cookie is offline
wanna see my
Swollen Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Your face
Posts: 6,299
Cookie bad newbie
Reputation: 3
well thats too bad if it goes to pay camping. good luck at the meeting keep us posted yo
__________________
I'm not perfect but I'm usually right
TEAM LOADED!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 10-05-2008, 04:27 PM
Trailjunkie's Avatar
Trailjunkie Trailjunkie is offline
loosing pavement gives me a
Swollen Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: hatzic
Posts: 8,919
Trailjunkie Good newbie
Reputation: 12
hey rye guy . we are not all drunken idiots. and as far as vi's half of what we are supposed to conform to is only related to road travel witch most of are rigs hardly ever do. there are more than enough public parks. get over yourself . the majority of us not only take care of are playground but tell others to do the same. the authorities should put there efforts into the 10% of punks who cause 90% of the problems. why should i loose my playground because of a few punks.the only answer as far the lazy ass government can see is profit off it. if you think for one second that even a small percent of that cash is going to the area your head is up your ass!! you wheel obviously why don't you watch as we loose all the areas we love and end up payin to go to lame ass 4x4 parks to try and wheel! that's all i got to say about that.
__________________
father junkie abidesTEAM HEEPS !
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 10-05-2008, 05:48 PM
crazydude crazydude is offline
Having FUN IN B.C.
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Kelowna B.C.
Posts: 732
crazydude Unknown Newbie
Reputation: 10
Rye guy is nothing but a goverment loving yuppie at heart he just drives a 4 wheeler to try and bee cool. A from what I see he never has any thing smart to say on here to begin with he opens his mouth before checking with brain first if he has a brain
__________________
Get busy living or get busy dieing
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 10-05-2008, 05:57 PM
monstercar's Avatar
monstercar monstercar is offline
Out-N-About
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Abbotsford, Canada.
Posts: 343
monstercar bad newbie
Reputation: 0
Like you never seen it coming
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 10-05-2008, 06:07 PM
tchevy tchevy is offline
Out-N-About
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: maple ridge
Posts: 379
tchevy Unknown Newbie
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailjunkie View Post
hey rye guy . we are not all drunken idiots. and as far as vi's half of what we are supposed to conform to is only related to road travel witch most of are rigs hardly ever do. there are more than enough public parks. get over yourself . the majority of us not only take care of are playground but tell others to do the same. the authorities should put there efforts into the 10% of punks who cause 90% of the problems. why should i loose my playground because of a few punks.the only answer as far the lazy ass government can see is profit off it. if you think for one second that even a small percent of that cash is going to the area your head is up your ass!! you wheel obviously why don't you watch as we loose all the areas we love and end up payin to go to lame ass 4x4 parks to try and wheel! that's all i got to say about that.
bullseye
__________________
Smok'em If ya Got'em
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 10-05-2008, 06:13 PM
4Lo 4Lo is offline
Frog Legs
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fraser Valley
Posts: 1,325
4Lo bad newbie
Reputation: 0
Most of you who have posted here all have the same "Canadian attitude" towards the future of Stave. Laid back too easy going, oh well whatever happens happens. If you guys really cared you would be thinking seriousley about either downloading the feedback survey, filling it out and mailing to the district or you will attend the open house.

I myself do not use Stave Lake more than once a year but for you folk who frequent the area this WILL affect you. This type of thing does not stop here either...it establishes foundation to re-create this system in other areas.

Just go to the open house, spend fifteen miuites outta your busy schedules and voice your concerns. I will be.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 10-05-2008, 06:17 PM
offroadordrift offroadordrift is offline
Out-N-About
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: mission
Posts: 368
offroadordrift bad newbie
Reputation: 8
whenever i go to stave/east stave... i always end up leaving with more junk then i go in with.. how hard is it for everyone to do that.. not just FIBC guys.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 10-05-2008, 06:19 PM
TOYLESS's Avatar
TOYLESS TOYLESS is offline
Toys in the attic
Swollen Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: mission b.c.
Posts: 1,422
TOYLESS bad newbie
Reputation: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Lo View Post
Most of you who have posted here all have the same "Canadian attitude" towards the future of Stave. Laid back too easy going, oh well whatever happens happens. If you guys really cared you would be thinking seriousley about either downloading the feedback survey, filling it out and mailing to the district or you will attend the open house.

I myself do not use Stave Lake more than once a year but for you folk who frequent the area this WILL affect you. This type of thing does not stop here either...it establishes foundation to re-create this system in other areas.

Just go to the open house, spend fifteen miuites outta your busy schedules and voice your concerns. I will be.
holy crap steve calm down.... JK
__________________
(.)(.)=
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Style Design By: Resourcelabz.se