Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > Adventure B.C. > General outdoor Discussion

General outdoor Discussion For any outdoor adventure. Trail talk, camping, skiing, hiking, etc If itís outside and fun talk about it here.

Old 10-04-2008, 08:53 AM
mushroom capped

atoyot Good newbie
STAVE...a recreational opportunities feasibility study...

now thats a fancy name for a meeting to decide whats gonna happen with stave.......
enjoy it this fall/winter while u can.....
read the attachment from todays paper and if this applies to u or u have interest in having ur opinion heard its got all the info u need.........
this is the meeting I posted about .... 2 months ago and no one had any interest then....... well its here now... anyone going???
Attached Images

Old 10-04-2008, 09:42 AM
Toys in the attic
Swollen Member

TOYLESS bad newbie
nope not going. not suprised people cant have fun for free anymore.........
Old 10-04-2008, 10:10 AM
Back at it

Josh_M Good newbie
fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck that would suck. Not because you have to pay to go into a cleaner stave, but because many areas would be blocked off, cops would problably be all over the place (VI's anyone !), and thered be sooo many rules.
Old 10-04-2008, 10:54 AM
Out-N-About

radman Unknown Newbie
ive never been, but it seams like one of the fiew places people on the lower mainland have to go, should probally do what you can to keep it open.
Old 10-04-2008, 10:58 AM
Make your own-
Swollen Member

Ginger Snaps Good newbie
east side yo..
Old 10-04-2008, 12:41 PM
The C stands for crazy
Swollen Member

C-Dog bad newbie
What do you think Kris you going to go ?

FUCK CANCER !!!!!!
Old 10-04-2008, 01:12 PM
Prospect

Rye Guy bad newbie
It's for the best interest of the area. It is not just us that use that area. And with all the problems up there , injuries, drinking, litter, truck parts, stolen cars, junker trucks left up there, parts and bumpers. Not to mention the ecological aspect... broken diffs spewing gear oil into the ground water areas it's no wonder something needs to be done. And further more it is your responsibility to conform to DOT laws and not drive dangerous unsafe vehicles so if ya got a VI that's your own fault. There wouldn't be as much attention of modified 4X4's (cops)if people were more diligent with keeping your ride safe on and off the road but the trucks we create for the most part are not equipt to hand larger tires etc etc etc ... All one needs to do is to see the pics posted on this website to come to the conclusion that @ Stave W. something needs to happen. I my self stay as far away as possible and don't subject myself to the scurtany of the cops up @ stave. If this meeting closes down the area or restricts accsess I for one condone it, unfortanatly that will have another effect on other land use policies but we have done it to ourselves. As the 4X4 community we should be protecting our resources and governing our communities actions but how can you you do that with 20 beer under your belt? Choices and behavier have brought this on. Smarten up people and if there is stupidity going on in your group... shut it down!!!!!!!!!!! For Stave it may be too late but hopefully we will be smart enough not to ruin the next wheeling hotspot. Pull your head out of your ASS and show some responsibility for our sport and resources. Oh ya and ya don't need to be falling down drunk and still driving_____LOSER___!!!!!!!!! A little intelligence would go a long way
opinionatedly yours Rye Guy
Old 10-04-2008, 01:39 PM
mushroom capped

atoyot Good newbie
ya slinger im gonna go.....

its not just the 4x4s they have an even larger concern with atvs and dirtbikes....and most of them being uninsured.....
stolen cars/
dumping/
drinking and driving/
even concerns with boating on the lake..

the list goes on and on as to why its a good idea and something should be done but.... just what and how seem to be the thing people cant agree on..
i personally enjoy going up there during the week the most when its empty and enjoying it all to myself....
theres many places to go other than stave its just stave is a beautiful close place to go and relax by a fire or burn of some steam in the mud or on the trails.......
but theres other mud and other trails.......
Old 10-04-2008, 01:48 PM
My carbon print is the size of a crater
Swollen Member

dirka dave bad newbie
The East side is also affected..
Old 10-04-2008, 02:01 PM
Having FUN IN B.C.

HILLBILLY Unknown Newbie
I think I can make it Kris
Old 10-04-2008, 04:28 PM
Having FUN IN B.C.

crazydude Unknown Newbie
They can try and control it at stave but they are just pushing the problems else where. To bad they are closing it was a nice place to go when I lived in Maple Ridge. O well got all that 5min any direction from my house up here
Old 10-04-2008, 04:41 PM
Frog Legs

4Lo bad newbie
Let's not forget about the bodies that have been dumped up there and the one they never found....

On a side note I know for a fact that there is talk about tapping Stave Lake to supply Mission and Abbotsford with more water. Dickson and Canal are not enough to distribute water to the two city's. If it is decided that they need the water out of stave then that means that there will be no more motorized activity on or near the lake. ie boating/ mudding

This little open house is part of a much bigger problem................

Last edited by 4Lo : 10-04-2008 at 04:52 PM.
Old 10-04-2008, 08:33 PM
Not a Newbie

Landlover Unknown Newbie
Unfortunately

Don't say my car is topless, say it's titties is out - Nas
Old 10-04-2008, 08:35 PM
Not a Newbie

Landlover Unknown Newbie
unfortunately I can't go but I would encourage as many people as possible to go. It sounds like they would like some opinions from people that actually go there

Don't say my car is topless, say it's titties is out - Nas
Old 10-04-2008, 09:06 PM
?????
Swollen Member

MuddyWheeler has a reputation beyond reputeMuddyWheeler has a reputation beyond reputeMuddyWheeler has a reputation beyond reputeMuddyWheeler has a reputation beyond reputeMuddyWheeler has a reputation beyond reputeMuddyWheeler has a reputation beyond reputeMuddyWheeler has a reputation beyond reputeMuddyWheeler has a reputation beyond reputeMuddyWheeler has a reputation beyond reputeMuddyWheeler has a reputation beyond reputeMuddyWheeler has a reputation beyond repute
Hey even if you can't make it. At the bottom it says
If you want to add positive feed back
www.mission.ca/page87.aspx, scroll down to FOREST RECREATION USER. Print and fill out the servey and mail it in.

I'm going to try and make it out after dance class.

TEAM TEQUILA