Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > All about your Ride > Quads , Sleds, bikes and Boats

Quads , Sleds, bikes and Boats Got a question or want to show off a new mod on your Quad, Snowmobile, bike or Boat? This is the place to go

Old 06-28-2008, 08:12 AM
Now I see what FIBC is about

351BII Good newbie
My 08 was doing that up until 20 hours then I adjusted the valves after the "break in period" and it seems to have cured it
Old 08-26-2008, 10:53 AM
winter camping give me a
Swollen Member

Honky bad newbie
OK this is really pissing me off, the dealer and the manufacture both have a deer in the head light look when I say that there are a lot of people with the same problem. Stalling at low speed is dangerous. They come back with the company line… We have never heard of that before. So why is it that most people with the 700 Grizzly has the same problem? Why is it that every ATV website has a discussion on this problem?

I phoned Yamaha and they sent an updated TPS sensor to the local dealer. Still the problem is not fixed. This should be a factory recall before someone hurts themselves. Picture yourself crawling slowly up a rock covered steep bank and the quad stalls….it’s only a matter of time before someone gets hurt.
Old 08-26-2008, 11:08 AM
cornbinder on coils
Swollen Member

epic3 bad newbie
drop the quad off at the dealership and tell them you aint pickin it up till its fixed. If they dont fix it within a certain time frame they can keep it and give you your money back. If they dont like that tell them you'll go to the papers with your problem and proof its a problem for lots of people.
Yamaha and the dealer wont lile there lack of service and inability to stand behind there product be made public.
Or worst yet drug through court to be forced to fix the problem and or return your money
Old 08-26-2008, 12:31 PM
Make your own-iEdit Title in 'User CP'
Swollen Member

Stetson bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by barracuda View Post

BTW what is the fuel consumption on one of those for a whole days rideing?

what are people using for fuel? and how is your bike/gauge reacting? mine. starts to sputter as if its out of fuel at a quarter tank. when i first got the bike, i would get to the E bar flashing and it would still run ok. Now, it shows a quarter tank and starts to sputter. (this is on flat ground, at a nominal speed, no hills.) toss a can of gas in, 10L which fills the tank back up to the full, and no sputtering. this is supposed to be a 20L tank, is there a reserve reservoir switch that im missing?
Old 08-26-2008, 12:36 PM
winter camping give me a
Swollen Member

Honky bad newbie

It might be not because it is low on fuel but rather that the gas is “boiling” and when you relieve the pressure and put cold gas in it the temp goes back to normal.

I have done a TON of reading and that is a known problem
Old 08-26-2008, 01:05 PM
rollin a chev on 40's now bitches

toyon35s Good newbie
kev i would take it back and say ok ,if you cant fix the problem give my money back or you have to deal with a lawsuite when i do get injured do to your neglagence and not fixing the problem,after that go but a suzuki
Old 08-26-2008, 01:21 PM
Albatross
Swollen Member

barracuda bad newbie
How exactly does it stall does the motor just stutter or does it completly die? considering that the machine is 800 lbs it is a pretty dangerous thing, you would think that Yamaha would be on top of this.
Old 08-26-2008, 01:28 PM
665 neighbor of the beast

Tunabomber has a reputation beyond reputeTunabomber has a reputation beyond reputeTunabomber has a reputation beyond reputeTunabomber has a reputation beyond reputeTunabomber has a reputation beyond reputeTunabomber has a reputation beyond reputeTunabomber has a reputation beyond reputeTunabomber has a reputation beyond reputeTunabomber has a reputation beyond reputeTunabomber has a reputation beyond reputeTunabomber has a reputation beyond repute
i recomend you buy a honda
Old 08-26-2008, 01:29 PM
My carbon print is the size of a crater
Swollen Member

dirka dave bad newbie
Keep it pinned Kev !!

Old 08-26-2008, 01:33 PM
winter camping give me a
Swollen Member

Honky bad newbie
Well I did fall off on Sunday but that was because the seat was wet.

Yeah I phoned again and the service manager is once again going to contact the local Yamaha rep…… I think this is the start of a VERY long process
Old 08-26-2008, 02:10 PM
rollin a chev on 40's now bitches

toyon35s Good newbie
i know when i had problems with a yamaha dealer i went directly to yamaha canada,way better repesntation from them,if you havent contacted them i suggest you do you may get the resolts you are lookin for
Old 08-26-2008, 02:55 PM
Swollen Member

Stetson bad newbie
I told Yamaha Canada how terrible the service one of their dealers provided, and all I got was a hat it didn't even look good on me . . . . . . .so I gave it to my wife.

The gas boiling is a good point for what I was looking for an explanation for. that would explain the sputtering at a quarter tank. My friend with his Grizz, stripped the bike down and wrapped the entire exaust in an exhaust heat tape, and put reflective insulation on the inside paneling of the bike, guess its a good plan.
Old 08-26-2008, 03:19 PM
Nothin' but a post whore

BOVINE Unknown Newbie
That sucks...Hope it works out for ya...The Arctic cat is sounding better and better.

Like someone else said I would go straight to Yamaha Canada and deal with them.

Old 08-26-2008, 06:59 PM
Swollen Member

Moondog bad newbie
Yep it's a known problem on your modle but like I told you change the exhaust and spark arrestor put on an aftermarket modle and your problem will be solved. Then take your reciepts to Yamaha and demand that they remburse you for the parts you had to buy.
Old 08-26-2008, 07:44 PM
i gots me a
Swollen Member

Ironman bad newbie
At least you have brakes