Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > All about your Ride > Quads , Sleds, bikes and Boats

Quads , Sleds, bikes and Boats Got a question or want to show off a new mod on your Quad, Snowmobile, bike or Boat? This is the place to go

Old 11-23-2008, 11:25 AM
Outback adventurer

street legal quad Good newbie
oh ya for got to say that when we grew up there wasnt "rules" like this. yes no driving your dirtbike down town but today kids need things to do or they get into trouble. JR drag racing they dont need a licence and can start at 8 and they drive a rail that is alot faster than a 50 cc quad . somebody has to make some better rules for the kids!!!
Old 11-23-2008, 12:12 PM
doesn't play well with others
Swollen Member

m j bad newbie
pedestrians should be required to have insuranc,e and helmets, and fall protection.
some pedestrians are over 6 feet tall! imagine the damage that can be done falling from such a hieght.
we need to start a campaign to require all pedestrians to be insured, and equiped with safety gear, and maybe even emmisions tested too.
Old 11-23-2008, 12:48 PM
Out-N-About

offroadordrift bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by m j View Post
pedestrians should be required to have insuranc,e and helmets, and fall protection.
some pedestrians are over 6 feet tall! imagine the damage that can be done falling from such a hieght.
we need to start a campaign to require all pedestrians to be insured, and equiped with safety gear, and maybe even emmisions tested too.
dont say such nonsense, before you know it the gov WILL try fining you for that shit

Old 11-23-2008, 01:06 PM
Outback adventurer

CumminStrokeThis Good newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazylike View Post
the insurance is something like 400 bucks a year and is just another money grab for ICBC. as for helmats if your not wearing one well thats just your own stupidity.
I agree
Old 11-23-2008, 01:53 PM
The on board nurse is still scared of
Swollen Member

Always broke bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by m j View Post
we need to start a campaign to require all pedestrians to be insured, and equiped with safety gear, and maybe even emmisions tested too( For Lizard right?).
Fixed it for you
Old 11-23-2008, 09:57 PM
I got kicked and now have a
Swollen Member

kootenaycat bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by street legal quad View Post
but in ablerta every quad 50 cc and up has to be reg. so what they are saying is someone 16 is driving a 50cc not????
And what province do you live in? I quoted BC's legislation.

Not sure if you noticed but in BC you can't even register your ATV. You can buy insurance, but not registration. I tried to register one of my quads years ago, lady at the ICBC place wouldn't do it because it's not mandatory in BC. It'll be changing soon though, another tax grab.
Old 11-23-2008, 09:59 PM
I got kicked and now have a
Swollen Member

kootenaycat bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by street legal quad View Post
oh ya for got to say that when we grew up there wasnt "rules" like this. yes no driving your dirtbike down town but today kids need things to do or they get into trouble. JR drag racing they dont need a licence and can start at 8 and they drive a rail that is alot faster than a 50 cc quad . somebody has to make some better rules for the kids!!!
JR drag racing is done on a private track where quadding on forestry roads is public.

I'm not arguing with ya here, I agree there should be more activities for kids, keeps them off the streets and away from drugs and gangs.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:55 PM
ewwww mustard is gross
Swollen Member

mus-Tard Unknown Newbie
I WOULD LIKE TO SEE CYCLESTS IN DOWNTOWN VANCOUVER NEEDING TO HAVE INSURANCE TO RIDE ON THE STREET. THEM ASSHOLES CUT IN AND OUT OF TRAFFIC AND MAKE RANDOME LANE CHANGES AND TURNS AND ARE A MENNIS BUT THEY ARE NOT A PROBLEM.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:56 PM
ewwww mustard is gross
Swollen Member

mus-Tard Unknown Newbie
sorry. im half cut and pissed of at other stuff too.
Old 11-24-2008, 06:55 PM
do you want to touch my

ri0 bad newbie
I think most of them actually have inssurance..but they sure do need to do a road test before I run em off the road...
Old 11-25-2008, 05:11 PM
wanna see my
Swollen Member

Cookie bad newbie
yes ive talked with some people up here about this joe and it looks like it will be a cc type of insurance. the example i got was up to 500cc for one but then anything over 500cc will be actualy quite a bit more.not too sure on how to take this tho.figure if i have to comply i will because we basically ride where ever the fuck we want here so it may be a good thing.i havent been checked so far .
Old 11-25-2008, 11:56 PM
ewwww mustard is gross
Swollen Member

mus-Tard Unknown Newbie
well if l am paying insurance on my quad to ride on a FSR. then l guess l can ride it from haney to stave on lougheed then. cant l?