Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > All about your Ride > Quads , Sleds, bikes and Boats

Quads , Sleds, bikes and Boats Got a question or want to show off a new mod on your Quad, Snowmobile, bike or Boat? This is the place to go

Old 06-16-2008, 08:22 AM
One shot!
Swollen Member

F150HULK bad newbie
Went to the insurance agent on sat and got a quote. It was going to be aprox $500 for full and $325 for the bottom line basic insurance for my 450. I think Reb said that the fine was about $150?? Can anyone confirm that? then it would tkae 3 fines a year to equal the insurance.
Old 06-16-2008, 09:13 AM
Albatross
Swollen Member

barracuda bad newbie
dont go to autoplan. go with Capri or go to a credit union and get Browns I think its called . go to Quads ca and look at the forum there
Old 06-16-2008, 08:19 PM
Make your own-iEdit Title in 'User CP'
Swollen Member

Moondog bad newbie
I just used Capri's quick quote for a yamaha 700 2008 model $9000 value immobiliser fitted and member of an recognized club it came back as $362 per year for basic.
Old 06-16-2008, 09:07 PM
Albatross
Swollen Member

barracuda bad newbie
go to here and look up insureance http://quads.ca/bb/ I think it has been discussed several times
Old 06-16-2008, 11:43 PM
I got kicked and now have a
Swollen Member

kootenaycat bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by moondog View Post
I just used Capri's quick quote for a yamaha 700 2008 model $9000 value immobiliser fitted and member of an recognized club it came back as $362 per year for basic.
If they are considering the value of the quad and if it has an immoblizer, the insurance would be fire and theft and/or collision. But probably just fire/theft.

Like Barracuda said, check with your local Credit Union. That is who ATVBC is going through. I thought they dropped Capri insurance. Kootenay Saving Credit Union here quoted me $150 for third party insurance, you get a discount of either $25 or $50 when you join ATVBC.
Old 06-17-2008, 06:58 AM
do you want to touch my

ri0 bad newbie
my 03 660 raptor was 140 a year...but I didn't get coverage for collision or theft... I think I might now though..

one thing though I wish they would give more people tickets for ridding with out a helmit...on may long weekend I saw probable a dozen people ridding fast with out a helmit...

the one guy did bail and he smashed his head pritty good, and we had to bandage his stupid as up...
Old 06-17-2008, 12:07 PM
Make your own-iEdit Title in 'User CP'
Swollen Member

Stetson bad newbie
hey Sean, where did you go to get insurance, I think its a good idea now summers here to get a policy, alot o people out now. and don't need to give anyone more of a reason to give me a hassel.

or i could just order one of these

Last edited by Stetson : 06-18-2008 at 01:38 PM.
Old 06-18-2008, 01:26 AM
Now I see what FIBC is about

kwast Unknown Newbie
for what its worth, I saw a marked RCMP suv trailering 2 quads east-bound on the mary hill this morning at about 745.......

Did anyone happen to see the 2 RCMP members on quads with alberta plates rollin around Maple Ridge last year???? I saw them go by my house on 256th and I followed them across Dewdney. Beleive it or not, they went down to the Mayors house and had a chat with him at the end of the his driveway.....(yea, I followed them all the way cause they were drivin right down the road with the red and blues flashin on 500 vinsons).
anyway, they apparently drove right down dewdney in the slow lane (another friend saw them) and 45 min later they came cruising out from under the bridge @ Maple Ridge park while I was sitting there having lunch, they waved and took off north on 232.......................................WTF is that!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-18-2008, 05:46 PM
Outback adventurer

kx kid Unknown Newbie
Aw man more money for me to spend. Pretty soon with all the insurance and shit I won't be able to afford my favorite sport.
Old 06-18-2008, 06:14 PM
Now I see what FIBC is about

kwast Unknown Newbie
oh, forgot to mention, I am a BCWF member, $40 for a year and 2,000,000 third party liability. The policy states that u basically have to be going fishing or hunting with your quad and you're covered on non-public roads. There was some argument on other atv sites as to what non-public meant, but from from what I understand, this coverage is what the RCMP/CO's are looking for. So, if your just worried about the cops, then $40 a year for a card, some discounts, a free magazine subscription, a decal, and $2M liabilty, its a pretty good deal.

As for the hunting/finshing rule........take a collapsable rod and some cheap flies with you and now your looking for a fishing hole.
Old 06-21-2008, 06:47 PM
do you want to touch my

ri0 bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stetson View Post
hey Sean, where did you go to get insurance, I think its a good idea now summers here to get a policy, alot o people out now. and don't need to give anyone more of a reason to give me a hassel.

or i could just order one of these

http://www.capri.ca/insurancepages/a...ages/atvbc.asp
Old 06-21-2008, 08:19 PM
2007 lifted blue yamaha 350

yummysweet350 bad newbie
i went to inquire about insurance for my 350 and she quoted me for 3 months at 130...and capri was about 100 or so im gonna get it i dont want the hassle either

Old 11-22-2008, 10:51 PM
Outback adventurer

street legal quad Good newbie
I posted this in another area but may be someone can help!

my 8 year old son has a suzuki 80 quad and a 550 RMK sled and I cant find anyone to insure him for 3 party! his drives better than most guys on the trails but because of his age they wont. they dont look at it as he has been driving a quad since he was 2 and a half and has more experence than the guy that just bought his new quad and doesnt even know how to drive his honda (car) in a parking lot . he doesnt do 100 down the trail. he just wants to get out with me and have some fun. someone should insure kids??
Old 11-23-2008, 12:19 AM
I got kicked and now have a
Swollen Member

kootenaycat bad newbie
From what I've read, a driver of an ATV on a public (forest) road must be 16 minimum and have a valid drivers license. That's also what I was told when I insured my Grizzly, it would be covered no matter who was driving it, as long as they had a valid DL. Kind of makes sense, ICBC won't insure your child to drive on a public highway if they're under 16. I think even if you were stopped by a CO on a forest road, you can be fined for letting your under 16 child operate an ATV (of any cc). Don't agree with it, but that's the way it is.
Old 11-23-2008, 12:22 PM
Outback adventurer

street legal quad Good newbie
but in ablerta every quad 50 cc and up has to be reg. so what they are saying is someone 16 is driving a 50cc not????