Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > All about your Ride > Quads , Sleds, bikes and Boats

Quads , Sleds, bikes and Boats Got a question or want to show off a new mod on your Quad, Snowmobile, bike or Boat? This is the place to go

Old 06-12-2008, 03:40 PM
there's a visine for that

230 bad newbie
Yup,got checked last year.
Old 06-12-2008, 04:20 PM
2007 lifted blue yamaha 350

yummysweet350 bad newbie
ya what next.... what they just give u a ticket or what??

Old 06-12-2008, 04:21 PM
Albatross
Swollen Member

barracuda bad newbie
and if ya dont pay your not able to insure your car
Old 06-12-2008, 04:21 PM
Now I see what FIBC is about

AbF250 Unknown Newbie
In Alberta, we have had to have insurance AND registration since 94. You have to have a plate as well (regi). Front and back lights too....all this, and we are NOT allowed to ride on any forestry roads...in fact, we are not even allowed to ride on any trail that isn't specified on a map that the C.O.s have. Bullshit!
I know the fine for no ins/regi is more than the cost of ins... riding on a forestry road is something like $300, same with riding on "unmarked" trails. And the COs do ride quads, so running into them in the middle of nowhere is possible.
My insurance is just under 300/year for full coverage, and regi is about 50 a year. Anything over 50cc has to be insured.
Old 06-12-2008, 04:27 PM
2007 lifted blue yamaha 350

yummysweet350 bad newbie
so basicly its just riders insurance i think it goes by the cc's i did look into it before

Old 06-12-2008, 04:47 PM
Fisting for dollars

Trooper bad newbie
I think insurance for atvs on FSRs is a damn good thing. You gotta be stupid to ride on them in the lower mainland on a regular basis with no insurance anyways. 400 a years is nothing. Its a shit load better then paying off $300k for hitting some one and injuring them all because you didnt have insurance. You also get a special rate if your in the atv club.

Taint nothin'
Old 06-12-2008, 07:18 PM
giver hard

Troy bad newbie
errr i dont know about you, but its not illegal unless they catch you and your dumb enough to give them your ID.
Old 06-12-2008, 07:44 PM
Albatross
Swollen Member

barracuda bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy View Post
errr i dont know about you, but its not illegal unless they catch you and your dumb enough to give them your ID.
your opening up a whole new can of MVA and Crim code issues there

all i can say is you better be sure that you can out run the issue at hand, cause if you run etc you can bet that it will cost more if your caught
Old 06-12-2008, 09:15 PM
giver hard

Troy bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by barracuda View Post
your opening up a whole new can of MVA and Crim code issues there

all i can say is you better be sure that you can out run the issue at hand, cause if you run etc you can bet that it will cost more if your caught
well, maybe if they are rcmp on the quads. but if its some foresty douche bag he/she can frigg off.

i have outrun a police car on my mini bike and dirtbike multiple times on public roads, so i think i'd have a good chance of outrunning someone on a 4x4 quad.
Old 06-12-2008, 09:34 PM
I got kicked and now have a
Swollen Member

kootenaycat bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtybert View Post
i think the insurance is a good thing. i need someone to sue when i hit one of them wile they are on the wrong side of the road around a corner racing on the FSR. but $400 is high for sure, but $145 a year seems fair.
If you have a collision on a forest road ICBC automatically goes 50/50. You could be stopped on the road and have someone run into you, 50/50. A buddy (on his dual sport) had a collision with a tracker, guy in the tracker tried to say it was my buddies fault 'cause he was going too fast and drifted across the road. Didn't matter, it wasn't a highway. Fucked up if you ask me.

And check out ATVBC, $40 for a membership and it is supposed to give you third party insurance when travelling with another member. No good if you ride alone, in that case it's about $125 (with a membership) for third party insurance through whoever they use. Used to be Capri, I think they changed it. Check here:

http://www.atvbc.ca/
Old 06-12-2008, 10:11 PM
Back at it

Josh_M Good newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy View Post
well, maybe if they are rcmp on the quads. but if its some foresty douche bag he/she can frigg off.

i have outrun a police car on my mini bike and dirtbike multiple times on public roads, so i think i'd have a good chance of outrunning someone on a 4x4 quad.

Lol yea i couldnt see it being very hard to wax off an old man quad
Old 06-12-2008, 10:20 PM
Having FUN IN B.C.

Arnee bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_M View Post
Lol yea i couldnt see it being very hard to wax off an old man quad
The quads they ride would probaly eat yours. I would think they would have grizzlys or something like that
Old 06-12-2008, 10:26 PM
there's a visine for that

230 bad newbie
I can see Kootenay Cat and Barracuda shaking their heads from here.Its not about outrunning them guys,We are all impressed and know your quad/bike is the biggest baddest fastest thing around,its about being a member of society and covering your own asses.Its the guys that try to outrun the enforcers that need the insurance most of all.And BTW the forestries have as much authority as the RCMP.
Old 06-12-2008, 10:43 PM
Back at it

Josh_M Good newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnee View Post
The quads they ride would probaly eat yours. I would think they would have grizzlys or something like that
Yea i guess if its some big 750 or some shit
Old 06-13-2008, 12:11 AM
giver hard

Troy bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by 230 View Post
.And BTW the forestries have as much authority as the RCMP.
ya with their amber flashing lights, stopping every vehicle 15 km in, on a jam packed forest service road thats tighter than a packed can of sardines on a friday night 10:00pm on may long, charging everyone $20 to camp overnight for shit like that they can fuck off. just another way for the government to steal our money. I would like to see them use their authority and do something about the fucking idiots who burn the outhouses, garbage bins, broken down cars and leave a shit ton of garbage when they leave their camp site instead of chase people on quads/dirtbikes/rv's without insurance. When it comes down to it, they just want your money. The fire wardens on the other hand can actually be justified by bc tax payers to employ them as they actually have a purpose...