Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > Adventure B.C. > General outdoor Discussion

General outdoor Discussion For any outdoor adventure. Trail talk, camping, skiing, hiking, etc If it’s outside and fun talk about it here.

Old 04-08-2008, 09:00 AM
Normal people make good pets
Swollen Member

Candiass bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeky View Post
Going to have to disagree here,the are making it sound good to ya---that's it,that's all...

We have free right to there when we please and when we want and do what we want.Do ya think that if we had a key, that a event like the spudspudspudspudspud run would ever happen ....It gives them control over the area,they want to know who's going and who's coming.....

Fuk-em I clean up before and after I get somwhere,I dont need a fuking key

If we keep cleaning up after us and do what we can,and if they put a gate up well,as Kev said,there is plenty of ways in there

Old 04-08-2008, 09:12 AM
Now I see what FIBC is about

sdillen bad newbie
Relax everyone.....nothing has happened yet and I'm meeting with MTSA tomorrow about this (and other things). The Four Wheel Drive Association of BC continues to be absolutely opposed to a gate on Hale Creek/Francis Lake/Sunrise Lake/Lookout Lake/Lodestone Lake and Wilson Lake recreation sites. Our position has not changed. The issue is that idiots continue to destroy resources placed at the site..... Tables aren't standing up well to those who decide parking on them or hacking them up for firewood is a great idea.....

Last edited by sdillen : 04-08-2008 at 09:21 AM.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:20 AM
Swollen Member
Swollen Member

MikeWild bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdillen View Post
The issue is that idiots continue to destroy resources placed at the site..... Tables aren't standing up well to those who decide parking on them or hacking them up for firewood is a great idea.....
Then don't put tables and other resources at the site. Prior to the 4wdabc taking it over, not once did I find myslef saying... gee i wish there was a picnic table here, or wishing there was a dumpster so that I could leave my trash there. If there's nothing there for the idiots to destroy, then you won't be replacing picnic tables and what not all the time. Sounds pretty simple to me. You guys do a great job going down there once a month to clean up, just leave it at that. Don't replace things for the idiots to destroy again.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:31 AM
winter camping give me a
Swollen Member

Honky bad newbie
Keep up the great work Sillden! With your direction I think it’s time I join the The Four Wheel Drive Association.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:33 AM
Having FUN IN B.C.
Swollen Member

hamberger bad newbie
I think I mentioned this a while back regarding Davis Lake....you have to hit these litterers where it hurts, in the pocket book!

In conjunction with a Conservation Officer these sites should be staked out(secretley) and a huge fine passed out to each and every one that violates.
Believe me, those fined will squawk so loud that everyone will hear about it and the littering/vandalism will stop.

Can you imagine the look on these peoples faces as they're leaving and suddenly a C.O. pops out of the bush and starts handing out $5000 violations.

ham

'88 4Runner with some secret weapons
Old 04-08-2008, 10:45 AM
winter camping give me a
Swollen Member

Honky bad newbie
Oh and I agree with Wildmike…if there was nothing to destroy then there would not be a problem. The only thing I would like to see from a group who are funded is a few shitters maintained.
Old 04-08-2008, 11:33 AM

Zuk Rider Unknown Newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamberger View Post

Can you imagine the look on these peoples faces as they're leaving and suddenly a C.O. pops out of the bush and starts handing out $5000 violations.

ham
Who wants to go wheelin where there's CO's hiding all over in the bushes??? I definitely don't.

I go wheelin to get AWAY from all that.

Don't get me wrong - I'm all for cleaning up. I take out EVERYTHING I take in... and then some whenever I see it. I'd just like to see the trails as a place where you can still "escape" to without being monitored by someone hiding in the bushes.

Just my .02
Old 04-08-2008, 02:33 PM
Having FUN IN B.C.
Swollen Member

hamberger bad newbie
Uhhmm. Read my post more carefully. I said "in conjunction"
e.g. One weekend a C.O. hangs out with a couple wheelers at a trouble spot like Hale or Davis wearing plainclothes. Then at the end of the weekend after "observing" the C.O. don's his/her uniform and hands out tickets with a couple of Wheeling dignitaries at his/her side.

Don't be paranoid. The bush wont be "crawling" with the boogeyman. Theres not enough $ to afford that, but I'm sure they could manage something once or twice a year.

Sends the message to the province that wheelers are largely clean and should not be stereotyped and gates just promote more vandalism and at the same time it sends a message to the shitheads to clean up their act.

Personally placing their hands on a boulder and hitting their knuckles with a hammer would be more satisfying but taking the law into my own hands has never worked out well for me.

ham

'88 4Runner with some secret weapons
Old 04-08-2008, 07:38 PM
Out-N-About

strokenit bad newbie
I was guna say nothing wrong with someone coming and checking whos camping in problem spots and taking plate numbers and coming back later to see how they left the place but fukme is this what it has come down to. This is all stuff that was beat into me when I was a kid and I've taught my kids. I know you can never stop fightin for the use of our "public land" but these cocksuckers sure make it tough.......... as for the gate what happens when someone screws up the lock or looses the key while a group is in there? It seems like it would work in a perfect little world, but if it was a perfect world we wouldn't need it.
Old 04-09-2008, 03:15 PM

sdillen bad newbie
Final word.....no gate for Hale Creek/Francis Lake/Sunrise Lake is being contemplated. A gate will be placed on Mystery Creek FSR in the near future, but all direction is that the gate will be located BEYOND the Lookout Lake trail (my and MTSA direction to Forestry is very clear about this). Wilson and other points around the north/west side of Chehalis Lake are officially closed to access due to continued risk of slides.

Let me know if I can answer any questions.......
Old 04-09-2008, 03:27 PM
I have a huge
Swollen Member

redman bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdillen View Post
Final word.....no gate for Hale Creek/Francis Lake/Sunrise Lake is being contemplated. A gate will be placed on Mystery Creek FSR in the near future, but all direction is that the gate will be located BEYOND the Lookout Lake trail (my and MTSA direction to Forestry is very clear about this). Wilson and other points around the north/west side of Chehalis Lake are officially closed to access due to continued risk of slides.

Let me know if I can answer any questions.......

Whats the average weight of a swallow ?
Old 04-09-2008, 03:32 PM
winter camping give me a
Swollen Member

Honky bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by redman View Post
Shouldn’t that read just weight while I swallow
Old 04-09-2008, 03:33 PM
My carbon print is the size of a crater
Swollen Member

dirka dave bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by redman View Post
How about an African swallow ?
Old 04-09-2008, 03:55 PM
I have a huge
Swollen Member

redman bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirka dave View Post
How about an African swallow ?

I dont know.................
Old 04-09-2008, 11:30 PM

bob bad newbie
http://www.style.org/unladenswallow/

1.African swallowNon-migratory bird that can carry coconuts as far north as Mercia, that is if they were inclined to do so.
"It could be carried by an African swallow!"

Last edited by bob : 04-09-2008 at 11:34 PM.