Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > All about your Ride > suzuki Talk

Old 04-01-2008, 11:56 PM
Prospect

bustamove bad newbie
stock tires

okay heres the deal. i did a lift a while back 3 inch with 31s kept stock gearing. well i got a quad not too long ago. towing it with the tracker was surprisingly okay under 100km... flat ground.. and hills.. well your gearing down.. now unfortunately i sold my stock tires and rims. but im wondering how much power im loosing for running 31s with stock gearing also.. soo does anyone have a set kicking around?
Old 04-02-2008, 09:53 AM
Having FUN IN B.C.

ray Good newbie
with 31s stock gearing u lose alot of power up hill

u would be better off with smaller tires and running 4hi on road or 4low depending on the wieght that your pulling for atv and trailer 2wd is fine

but you do lose alot of power runin 31s

your not 4X4ING if your not brakin stuff
Old 04-06-2008, 08:24 PM
Prospect

bustamove bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray View Post
with 31s stock gearing u lose alot of power up hill

u would be better off with smaller tires and running 4hi on road or 4low depending on the wieght that your pulling for atv and trailer 2wd is fine

but you do lose alot of power runin 31s
do u think it would be worth rear gearing..?? is has anyone done it. 31 is not really THAT big of a tire.

and for some reason 4 hi on the road is rough. its like the gearing isn't in sync last time when it snowed if i hit dry pavement it would buck in a straight line over 50km. and on the highway in 4 hi it would make one hell of a winnying noise.
Old 04-07-2008, 01:08 PM
Having FUN IN B.C.

ray Good newbie
check your gear ratios could be whining due to improper tire size right now or gearing is off

if it was me i would leave it and go with stock for now
untill the vechile becomes heavily modifeyd

for me i just stay in 2wd with any weight and go for the long slow ass hual up hill in second gear

hard on standard but if your worried about clutch burning out then go with 4low if you have to tow up hill lots

but max speed in 4low is 60kmh witch in slow

2wd for anything really

4hi will bog down i wouldnt use it

and 4l for heavy stuff (just cant go very fast)

your not 4X4ING if your not brakin stuff
Old 04-13-2008, 08:32 PM
Rookie

toyota_dan Unknown Newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by bustamove View Post
... 31 is not really THAT big of a tire ...
unfortunatly a 1.6l isnt THAT big of an engine either, you'll loose considerable amount of power on 31's.
Old 04-13-2008, 11:40 PM
Prospect

bustamove bad newbie
yeah true.. i think what im going to settle for is just run stock 235. might look goofy for those long weekend camping trips.. but it should in theory tow a shit load better I HOPE... and ray my 4 low is like 20 km max. i have the calmini 4.24 i think rock crawling gears...
Old 05-10-2008, 05:11 PM
Gettin' out havin' fun

Little Samurai Good newbie
I am running the stock 1.3 and a 29.5" tire...I lost about 20 kmph on my top speed and pulling a trailer up hill (1000lbs) I can't stay above 90 kmph. Unfortunately I got rid of my stock tires and wheels when I picked up the new ones or they would be all yours!
Old 05-10-2008, 11:02 PM
Gettin' out havin' fun

beeker bad newbie
with 31s and stock 373 gears i run a4-1 tcase gear set which puts me back to almost stock speedo and i have some decentpower can keep upto freeway traffic and not slow down on hills
Old 05-10-2008, 11:35 PM
Gettin' out havin' fun

Little Samurai Good newbie
Anyone have any experience in running a ring and pinion conversion such as a 4.57
Old 05-11-2008, 03:35 PM
Now I see what FIBC is about

Lego Racer Unknown Newbie
I ran a 31x 11.5 LTB with the 5:12 gears locked. The tire size is actually too small so I would be at 4500rpm at 90kmh and it killed me on hills still heck even flat pavment it wouldn't do well for speed its a zuk.

I liked the lower gearing for the wheeling side so then there was less clutch work. My buggy doesn't really get to see much pavment anyways.
Old 05-11-2008, 09:38 PM
Prospect

bustamove bad newbie
that pic is awesome.. and 5.12 with 31s and your 90km @4500 thats brutal.. im running 31s can't remember width. but at 4500rpm im around at least 110-120 range. cuz 3200 is my 90kph
Old 05-12-2008, 05:25 PM
Now I see what FIBC is about

Lego Racer Unknown Newbie
I wish!! LOL We will see what the 34" and 5.29's do if i ever finish the project
Old 05-12-2008, 06:46 PM

Canadianwing Unknown Newbie
I have some 235's on stock tracker rims they only have about 3000k's on them
Old 05-12-2008, 11:02 PM
Not all who wander are lost.

Kinslayer Unknown Newbie
hey boys, this dude is talking about a tracker, they don't run 3.73's in any case. If you a have an automatic tranny you might be in luck, those run 4.56's or something stock, thus you should be able to scoop a front and rear set of 5.13's from a 5spd and get some decent reduction.

harsh part about a tracker is that the t-case high range is 1:1, no reduction at all. The 1.6 has plenty of power to do some towing but the designers depended on the reduction in the diffs for everything..this leaves a ton of room in the t-case for reduction however.

You could find a 2wd tranny, run a samurai divorced case with a mini-shaft and custom xmember for instance.. a stock sami case has reduction in hi-range and more reduction in low range. There are some models with up to 12 percent reduction in high-range (I have one of those cases...)
Old 05-12-2008, 11:11 PM
Mountain Man

Taxidermy bad newbie
I think the big semi and your vehicle look cool side by side.