Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > All about your Ride > Quads , Sleds, bikes and Boats

Quads , Sleds, bikes and Boats Got a question or want to show off a new mod on your Quad, Snowmobile, bike or Boat? This is the place to go

Old 01-29-2008, 10:54 AM
Make your own-iEdit Title in 'User CP'
Swollen Member

Stetson bad newbie
[quote=kootenaycat;1224567]Well first of all, you probably won't get a real answer from anyone on here, if they own "x" quad, it'll be the one to buy! And going from a dirtbike to a quad will be a shock, especially if you've rode for a long time. But enjoy anyways, I know I have for the last 12 years and 4 quads and 2 dirtbikes later!

I currently own a 700 Grizz with PS, and once you've had power steering, you won't ever go back. Decent power, but nothing compared to the 800 Polaris, Brute 750 or a CanAm. Good suspension for a cushy ride but a little soft for agressive riders. I'm getting old, so I love it! No more bone jarring hits from the straight axle. Haven't seen too many Suzukis around, but heard good things from the King Quad. And of course Polaris has always had the best ride quality and top end speed, but reliability has always been an issue. Not with the engine, but the chassis. I've seen many broken rear control arms on the Sportsmans. Gotta keep an eye on all the bolts back there.

Good luck deciding, there's a lot to chose from. And if you're in Vancouver, check out these guys prices, best I've seen anywhere.

well written!!

I have an 07 grizz with eps, awsome unit, been out riding with a few other types, and im really happy with my decision.
Old 01-29-2008, 11:07 AM
Prospect

BrentG bad newbie
I'm not a huge fan of IRS, I like how a solid axle always acts the same, IRS doesn't. although I also like riding sport/race quads more than the 4x4's.
I would highly recommend kawasaki bruteforce 700. lots of power, great reliablity, lots of aftermarket, and rides really nice. buddy had one down in the dunes and was making it up EVERY hole. very good for a utility quad
grizzleys are nice, definitly go larger than the 450.
I wouldn't get a polaris, I work in a repair shop, polaris' are one of the least user friendly, and often costly for parts. the newer ones are better, but still not a fan. not to mention the excess weight

my opinion^^^

or just go for a banshee and push 70hp on it
Old 01-29-2008, 04:53 PM
Having FUN IN B.C.

crazydude Unknown Newbie
Well as for my riding type and being that i have always owned dirt bikes i am really agrasive rider but i like the irs on a 4x4 quad and i really dont want a sport quad which are fun but i like crawlin in creek beds and tech trail riding and stuff so im thinking the grizzly might be the right for its realiability as for power i can fix that with upgrades right?.
Old 01-29-2008, 05:30 PM
Out-N-About

strokenit bad newbie
I'm a very agressive rider and would kill myself of a irs. I've tried a few and the results were all more or less the same. Not to say it isn't for you just make sure you try one first and don't just ride it with kid gloves, ride it like you own it.
Old 02-01-2008, 10:56 AM
2007 lifted blue yamaha 350

yummysweet350 bad newbie
just buy a yamaha..........

Old 02-13-2008, 10:55 AM
Out-N-About

strokenit bad newbie
Soooooooooooo what did you get?
Old 02-14-2008, 08:00 PM
Having FUN IN B.C.

crazydude Unknown Newbie
Nothing yet still trying to decide between an 800 outlander and the 700 grizz
Old 02-14-2008, 08:26 PM
I got kicked and now have a
Swollen Member

kootenaycat bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydude View Post
Nothing yet still trying to decide between an 800 outlander and the 700 grizz
That's easy. If you are under 30 (or your body feels like you are) buy the CanAm. If you are gaining on 40 and your body feels like it, buy the Grizz.
Old 02-16-2008, 12:05 AM
Having FUN IN B.C.

crazydude Unknown Newbie
Well made up my mind going to get the outlander 800 just cant pass up the power and for the way i ride it will do me good.
Old 02-16-2008, 07:26 AM
Out-N-About

strokenit bad newbie
Nice.
Old 02-17-2008, 10:36 PM
Having FUN IN B.C.

crazydude Unknown Newbie
Okay so today i walk in to the Yamaha dealer and I start talking to the sales guy i know there bad idea. Found out for $14000 flat taxes in you get the 700 grizz with eps full skid plate system rim and tire package after market ss style rims with itp muds on them and a winch all for $14000 you wheel it out the door. The price i got on the 800 bomb xt was $14987 and you still have to go buy the skid plates which is another $1000 bucks and the rims and tire are just factory made rims which dont even look that good. Needless to say I think my mind has changed again you get more from the grizz package then the bomb package.So think ill be buying the grizz package now I THINK now im so confused.
Old 02-18-2008, 08:59 AM
Prospect

BrentG bad newbie
go across the line, way cheaper still
Old 02-18-2008, 11:30 AM
Albatross
Swollen Member

barracuda bad newbie
they are about 7500 MSRP and you can find them for less. no duty as they are US made riv fee is a couple of hundred dollars basiclly you will save almost 1/3 by getting it in the US or more to the point we are getting shafted for 33% more then we should on ATVs , even the stuff we make right here in Canada
Old 02-18-2008, 12:00 PM
Out-N-About

strokenit bad newbie
Got my bike out of Walt Healy motorsports in alberta way cheaper out the door than before tax here. But be prepared to have the local dealer treat you like shit if you need anything here or thats what happend to me and a friends that bought our bikes at Walts. There are still lotsa of dealers that don't care where you bought your bike and happily sell you anything you want.
Old 02-25-2008, 10:08 PM
Prospect

bustamove bad newbie
get your bike form IMS.. there cheap.. only issue is that my brute is in MPH cuz its from the states.. but oh well. i saved like 2500 bucks.. u can buy alot of part with the warrenty u loose. but if your buying brand name. the likely hood of it breaking down is less. and if u do break. its usually cuz of "abuse"