Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > All about your Ride > Quads , Sleds, bikes and Boats

Quads , Sleds, bikes and Boats Got a question or want to show off a new mod on your Quad, Snowmobile, bike or Boat? This is the place to go

Old 01-26-2008, 08:24 PM
Having FUN IN B.C.

crazydude Unknown Newbie
Finally can buy a quad

So finally sold my dirt bike and going to buy a quad. Need a bit of input on the three that i have in mind the 700 grizzly , 800 polaris sportsman , 750 suzuki king quad. Just want to now every ones opinions on all three and the pros and cons if you got them.

thanxs
Old 01-26-2008, 08:43 PM
Having FUN IN B.C.

HILLBILLY Unknown Newbie
GRIZZLY!! I got two kodiaks they're awsome the griz is the same but with more balls. ask honky he's got one
Old 01-26-2008, 08:45 PM
I got kicked and now have a
Swollen Member

kootenaycat bad newbie
Well first of all, you probably won't get a real answer from anyone on here, if they own "x" quad, it'll be the one to buy! And going from a dirtbike to a quad will be a shock, especially if you've rode for a long time. But enjoy anyways, I know I have for the last 12 years and 4 quads and 2 dirtbikes later!

I currently own a 700 Grizz with PS, and once you've had power steering, you won't ever go back. Decent power, but nothing compared to the 800 Polaris, Brute 750 or a CanAm. Good suspension for a cushy ride but a little soft for agressive riders. I'm getting old, so I love it! No more bone jarring hits from the straight axle. Haven't seen too many Suzukis around, but heard good things from the King Quad. And of course Polaris has always had the best ride quality and top end speed, but reliability has always been an issue. Not with the engine, but the chassis. I've seen many broken rear control arms on the Sportsmans. Gotta keep an eye on all the bolts back there.

Good luck deciding, there's a lot to chose from. And if you're in Vancouver, check out these guys prices, best I've seen anywhere.

www.international-motorsports.com

http://www.buysell.com/root/detail/B...EPS_Power.aspx

http://www.buysell.com/root/detail/B...0_We_Ship.aspx
Old 01-26-2008, 11:40 PM
2007 lifted blue yamaha 350

yummysweet350 bad newbie
ya yamaha all the way independent suspension is the way to go

Old 01-27-2008, 08:45 AM
Having FUN IN B.C.

HILLBILLY Unknown Newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by kootenaycat View Post
Well first of all, you probably won't get a real answer from anyone on here, if they own "x" quad, it'll be the one to buy! And going from a dirtbike to a quad will be a shock, especially if you've rode for a long time. But enjoy anyways, I know I have for the last 12 years and 4 quads and 2 dirtbikes later!

I currently own a 700 Grizz with PS, and once you've had power steering, you won't ever go back. Decent power, but nothing compared to the 800 Polaris, Brute 750 or a CanAm. Good suspension for a cushy ride but a little soft for agressive riders. I'm getting old, so I love it! No more bone jarring hits from the straight axle. Haven't seen too many Suzukis around, but heard good things from the King Quad. And of course Polaris has always had the best ride quality and top end speed, but reliability has always been an issue. Not with the engine, but the chassis. I've seen many broken rear control arms on the Sportsmans. Gotta keep an eye on all the bolts back there.

Good luck deciding, there's a lot to chose from. And if you're in Vancouver, check out these guys prices, best I've seen anywhere.

www.international-motorsports.com

http://www.buysell.com/root/detail/B...EPS_Power.aspx

http://www.buysell.com/root/detail/B...0_We_Ship.aspx
I agree, the guy's at international are pretty good to deal with I got my tires from them they will bend quite a bit on price worth checking them out
Old 01-27-2008, 09:08 AM
Out-N-About

shoobear Unknown Newbie
Hey,
I have a sportsman 6x6. I only use it for plowing the driveway.
My next quad for the hills will be the grizzly.
Old 01-27-2008, 10:45 AM
Having FUN IN B.C.

crazydude Unknown Newbie
Has any one here actually bought a quad from international motor sports im kind of curious why they can sell there stuff so cheap?
Old 01-27-2008, 01:22 PM
2007 lifted blue yamaha 350

yummysweet350 bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydude View Post
Has any one here actually bought a quad from international motor sports im kind of curious why they can sell there stuff so cheap?
ya i was talking to a guy that had bought a quad from international motor sports ..what he was mentioning was something about their warrenty policy!!! he said it was shitty and last time we were there they didnt have a shop to fix them they send them out for repair u might wanna double check on that and they dont take mastercard either ..as for selling stuff for cheap maybe so they get more business u know how that works lots of competition these days i wouldnt buy a quad there myself but thats just me

Old 01-27-2008, 08:30 PM

derricklordon Unknown Newbie
international

I think they bring up most of there stuff from the US. so they buy a lot better and pass the savings on
92 EXPLODER SAS 35'S 4:88'S
Old 01-27-2008, 09:15 PM
Having FUN IN B.C.

crazydude Unknown Newbie
Well $8999 for a 08 700grizzly compared to $11999 is a big diff butt with the dollar the way it is who knows they might be bring them from the states.

So what does every one think of the 700grizzly here been looking and it seems to be the most popular of quads?
Old 01-27-2008, 09:46 PM
Not a Newbie

get stuck bad newbie
DONT GET A SPORTSMEN go grizz
Old 01-27-2008, 10:29 PM
Swollen Member

kootenaycat bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydude View Post

So what does every one think of the 700grizzly here been looking and it seems to be the most popular of quads?
Put over 3000kms on mine in less then 4 months, not a problem with it. Do it!
Old 01-27-2008, 11:26 PM
Out-N-About

strokenit bad newbie
Was out with 700 griz, 800 polaris, 650 bruteforce, and my 700 twinpeaks (prairie) The polaris was on stock tires the griz had 27" 589s and the brute and me run 26" mud lites. The polaris did good but really needs a tire upgrade other than that no one really out did the others. the griz is a really nice bike. gotta love power steering. Just make sure you do your home work on solid or independent rear. Its all about your riding style.
Old 01-28-2008, 09:14 PM
Swollen Member

kootenaycat bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by strokenit View Post
Just make sure you do your home work on solid or independent rear. Its all about your riding style.
Yup. Or how old you are getting! If they made a solid axle that rode like my Grizzly, I'd probably go back. But until that time.............
Old 01-28-2008, 09:50 PM
Out-N-About

strokenit bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by kootenaycat View Post
Yup. Or how old you are getting! If they made a solid axle that rode like my Grizzly, I'd probably go back. But until that time.............
Ya I hear you. I'm 41 and sure don't remember being this sore after riding but still tend to ride like I did 20 years ago so I'm stuck on my solid axel. Quess I'm just growing old not up but thats alright by me. My twinpeaks rides nice for a solid axel bike. I've be on some that beat the hell out of you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wheelie.JPG (74.8 KB, 162 views)
File Type: jpg jump.JPG (79.4 KB, 161 views)
File Type: jpg jump2.JPG (77.9 KB, 162 views)