Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > All about your Ride > Quads , Sleds, bikes and Boats

Quads , Sleds, bikes and Boats Got a question or want to show off a new mod on your Quad, Snowmobile, bike or Boat? This is the place to go

Old 01-24-2008, 10:02 PM
Albatross
Swollen Member

barracuda bad newbie
actually went out and looked at the 6x6 today . the battery is dead and wont hold a charge so its in need of replaceing but it should be good to go.
course there nowhere around here to take it out and explore.
Old 01-25-2008, 09:18 PM
Not a Newbie

killman bad newbie
Mines actually a snow plow now! gots me a new plow

good thing to snowing like a bastard right now!
Old 01-25-2008, 09:36 PM
Now I see what FIBC is about

Secret Agent Man Unknown Newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by barracuda View Post
actually went out and looked at the 6x6 today . the battery is dead and wont hold a charge so its in need of replaceing but it should be good to go.
course there nowhere around here to take it out and explore.
6x6's are slow on land, and even slower in the water. Walking is faster, and swimming is easier.... IF you put a real motor in em, and if possible a bad ass outboard...

I use to own an Argo, I sold it because it made watching grass grow fun.
Old 01-25-2008, 09:48 PM
Albatross
Swollen Member

barracuda bad newbie
this one is an Attex Cheif it will do 25-30 miles an hour but that is a pretty unrealistic speed for anything but ideal conditions normally you dont want to go much faster then 10-15 mph or else the ride is pretty choppy. water speed is really dependent on tires but even with good tires you are only looking at 4mph.
the place where these things shine is in swampy places and bogs it is unbeleivable where these can get to granted slowley but they still get there . If you lived in an area that was near a swamp or muskeg these would be great but in the lower mainland there really isnt many places like that. Its a specialized machine with specialized applications and it really cant be compared to a quad or MC.
I wouldnt mind an 8X8 with a set of tracks for snow .
Old 01-25-2008, 11:17 PM
I got kicked and now have a
Swollen Member

kootenaycat bad newbie
Barracuda, have you tried it in snow, I'm talking real snow not Lower Mainland stuff! Wonder if the extra flotation from the extra tires would overcome the extra weight? Seen a few quads with tracks on them here, and look like lots of fun, but still don't go when it gets deep and soft. They would be a blast come spring time though when the snow set up.
Old 01-25-2008, 11:32 PM
Nothin' but a post whore

BOVINE Unknown Newbie
You all suck!!!.. I want one!!

Old 01-25-2008, 11:51 PM
Albatross
Swollen Member

barracuda bad newbie
the tire suck in the snow if it digs , then i am just sitting there helpless on the bellypan. the do make tracks for them that are wider with cleats more like a snow cat or a bombi . they are meant to work well but have yet to see them in person . I have only seen them in videos and on some of the nat geo programs.
Old 01-26-2008, 01:05 AM
Not a Newbie

Zibi Good newbie
My grampa used to have an argo with tracks. Handled like you'd think something with tracks in snow would. You could dig yourself in if you're stupid, but they generally kept you high and dry.

Biggest problem with the argo was lack of ground clearance. That thing could go absolutely anywhere so long as you didn't bottom it out
Old 01-26-2008, 09:47 AM
Albatross
Swollen Member

barracuda bad newbie
on some of the sites i am on there are a few guys that have modified them or even made them from the ground up with independent suspension . betcha those would be a big improvment. if ya want a fast two person atv though look into a yamaha rhino or the newly released kawasaki Teryx .

now these look like they would be good for exploring the backwoods, you could stuff tonnes of gear in it for photography ,camping, hunting, hounds etc

http://beta1.kawasaki.ca/line/ruv/15:en
Old 01-26-2008, 11:15 AM
Albatross
Swollen Member

barracuda bad newbie
this guy is on one of the 6x6 sites I am on and shows the build from start to finish and there are also a bunch od videos on it
. his attex is awsome and if the manufactures would only wake up and produce a vehicle like this i am sure they would sell plenty . the thing does 60MPH on the GPS , full independent suspension and completly amphibious. He is considering selling conversion kits to conver your own AATV into a springer , this mod would make the aatvs infinatly more usefull and enjoyable to the average user
http://youtube.com/watch?v=i1Ry9mPeT3I
Old 01-31-2008, 09:24 PM
Not a Newbie

Zukbuilder bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by surreysinner View Post
What do think of the can am? There new to the atv market are they not? I thought i heard they have weak frames.

Personally I like mine. Bombardier have been making quad from the mid 80's.
So compared to Honda,Yamaha, Polaris, they are kinda new.
I used to ride a 2006 Raptor 700R, so for me I still find the Renegade a bit heavy compared to the Raptor, but with the 800 HO motor is definatly does Not lack power. Also the belt drive system (Snowmobile Style) takes a bit of getting used too. It revs allot.
As far as the frames go, I did here the same thing, but it did not stop me from buying it. I think it goes for any toy, the faster it goes the more chance you have of writing it off you wipe it out.
Old 02-01-2008, 11:58 AM
Rookie

DWB80 bad newbie
here is my baby

05 450, with to much to list.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CIMG02842.jpg (64.3 KB, 79 views)
Old 02-01-2008, 05:12 PM
Having FUN IN B.C.

redneck princess Good newbie
dont have one yet.....bf and i wanna get one each but we gotta wait till we move ot a house Kids had thier first Quad ride at King of the pits so now they want one too....
Old 02-02-2008, 10:15 AM
Not a Newbie

MundusPax bad newbie
got one too
Old 02-11-2008, 08:42 PM
Now I see what FIBC is about

OverkillYJ bad newbie
i gots 2 honda 650 rincons, one with big gun silencer and intake kit, other one will be getting it soon too. just about bought a trx450r last week, but decided to wait for some cash. anyone have opinions on radial tires? was gonna get a set for both quads.