Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > Adventure B.C. > General outdoor Discussion

General outdoor Discussion For any outdoor adventure. Trail talk, camping, skiing, hiking, etc If itís outside and fun talk about it here.

Old 12-20-2007, 05:09 PM
Boy I'm glad I don't have a
Swollen Member

curlee has much to be proud ofcurlee has much to be proud ofcurlee has much to be proud ofcurlee has much to be proud ofcurlee has much to be proud ofcurlee has much to be proud ofcurlee has much to be proud ofcurlee has much to be proud of
Um ... is that thing stuffed?
Old 12-20-2007, 05:13 PM
Albatross
Swollen Member

barracuda bad newbie
yup just about the right speed and easy to train dont ya think
Old 12-20-2007, 05:14 PM
Boy I'm glad I don't have a
Swollen Member

curlee has much to be proud ofcurlee has much to be proud ofcurlee has much to be proud ofcurlee has much to be proud ofcurlee has much to be proud ofcurlee has much to be proud ofcurlee has much to be proud ofcurlee has much to be proud of
Excellent choice for him!
Old 12-20-2007, 05:27 PM
there's a visine for that

230 bad newbie
Ripley is a very close breed to a border collie but i don't know if they are exactly the same.She is terrific.Perfect size and very smart but active.Not too active though.You guys will need a dog bred for outdoors so look in to them at least because not all dogs can handle weekends in a tent.
Old 12-20-2007, 06:36 PM
Gettin' out havin' fun

82F150 Unknown Newbie
i've never had one myself but when i worked at a golf course (3 seasons) there was one that lived next to our shop and he was always down with us...really smart dog even tho it seemed like he was just loose... we taught him all sorts of stuff sittin around at lunch and he would ride around with us all the time..seemed very active and would play fetch all day long...also licked the ground and rocks a lot for some reason
Old 12-20-2007, 06:44 PM
Once upon a time there was huge
Swollen Member

gavman Unknown Newbie
Get a whole bunch of sheep and your elected, dog will look after them, on demand and warm sex toys to boot.
The missus might get jealous though
Old 12-20-2007, 09:08 PM
cornbinder on coils
Swollen Member

epic3 bad newbie
Ringle is border collie with a little blue heeler in him. All ya gotta do with em is give em toys they love frisbees goal keeping (both involving catching before it hits the ground) kongs and yeah they need some personal time with you and or the kids.
If you dont keep their brians workin they give ya grief Ringle used to shit infront of my TV and my computer desk (coincedence no).
They are great with kids but Ringle likes to hold small kids hands (with his mouth) and LOTS of parents dont like that but I cant teach it outta him he's just keeping watch of them.
Ringle is 5 years old now and he's not slowing down he's not an over hyper dog only when ya want him to be. I do have to be carefull he will run himself right to exhaustion.
Ringle never needs a leash always heels on command and loves bein taught new things
Old 12-20-2007, 09:23 PM
Team Cliqueless
Swollen Member

UU is a splendid one to beholdUU is a splendid one to beholdUU is a splendid one to beholdUU is a splendid one to beholdUU is a splendid one to beholdUU is a splendid one to behold
How about a Bulldog ?
Old 12-20-2007, 09:48 PM
Frog Legs

4Lo bad newbie
My aunt and uncle had two border collies. the most recent of the two who has since passed away was a very well mannered dog. They had a 3/4 acre parcel of land fully fenced and it spent most of it's life outdoors. I prefer a boxer dog myself but from my experience with "suki" (the collie) I would say they are great dogs. They are very smart and not protective but let's say aware of what is going on 24/7. Like most dogs they are eager to please.

Don't know if that helps ya or not??

edit: everything epic said I have to agree.
Old 12-20-2007, 10:24 PM
I got kicked and now have a
Swollen Member

kootenaycat bad newbie
We have a 10 year old Border Collie Black lab cross, great dog, but very demanding. He used to ride with me on the quad every weekend until he hurt his leg - unrelated to quadding though he did take a few spills off the quad!

Great with kids, our daughter could climb all over him from the day she could crawl (he was about 4) and not even a growl. Very smart, and listens very well. Just needs lots of attention.
Attached Images

Old 12-20-2007, 10:59 PM
Outback adventurer

frogger Unknown Newbie
its a good dog ...but ist way too hyper,i miss my black lab cross spagniel,
i got this dog for free ..for movie purposes. and my son ,4 yo boy cant even keep up with that dog!
Attached Images

Old 12-21-2007, 01:53 AM
Team Trouble Founder (Not a Newbie)

Trouble bad newbie
Hey Kevin how about Labs... great bird dogs... most are calm and majority turn out to be great family dogs...
Old 12-21-2007, 03:47 AM
Rookie

titan Unknown Newbie
If we get another dog it definitely won't have any boarder collie in it. We've got a border collie/german shepard now. Great dog. Minor hearding tendencies, but Fantastic with kids, very smart, easy to train, ideal temparment for both other dogs and people, no bad habits like chewing, digging, begging, or barking. Very loving. Almost perfect...

But he needs a lot of attention. Too much for somebody with a long work day. Maybe when I'm ready to retire.
Old 12-21-2007, 07:14 AM
Speed bump owner

Shera bad newbie
Kev, think twice before you get a border collie,there maybe a few mellow ones out there ,but like most people said they are a very high demanding dog and like to herd,some of them will nip at the heels of small children trying to keep them in sight for them ,unless you can keep the dog active and not bored, lab cross is the best mix for temperment ,remember though where you live the dog will have to be kept inside or in a closure at night for there are bears that roam freely in your neighbour hood,also one of our friends that lives down from you have quite a few dogs that owners allowed to run free so you may end up with more dogs in the daytime then you wish[remember where there is dogs there is crap ]
Old 12-21-2007, 08:04 AM
Now I see what FIBC is about

Mrs.Harleyfatboy bad newbie
Get a shitzu.