Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > All about your Ride > Quads , Sleds, bikes and Boats

Quads , Sleds, bikes and Boats Got a question or want to show off a new mod on your Quad, Snowmobile, bike or Boat? This is the place to go

Old 11-09-2007, 12:56 PM
Prospect

bustamove bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by surreysinner View Post
I got a 700 kawi 04 and power wise its unreal. From what i understand the newer ones have irs and they dont handle as well as a solid axle rear at high speeds.
yeah the irs i hear tends to be a bit squirly at high speed bumps, cuz the wheels move in and out when going thru the suspension travel, as with solid it only goes up and down. that being said the outlanders/can am, have rear trailing bars that give the benefits of both worlds.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:16 PM
Now I see what FIBC is about

kwast Unknown Newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by kootenaycat View Post
They all seem to go about the same for MPG, I look at the size of tank when I'm purchasing a quad, along with many other things! The Cat's are really nice, 25litre tank, rarely have to pack spare fuel. My 700 Grizz goes about 180km on a tank compared to my Kodiak which does about 130-150km/tank. Though the Kodiak gets much better MPG, I'd just go with the bigger tank.

HOly smokes!!! you can get 180 on a tank on yer 700..wow.
I did 85 on a half tank in princeton a few weeks ago, thought that was pretty good.
How you ride and where you r riding (trails vs. open road) sure does make a big difference in fuel consumption thats for sure!

PS, I just put on a MOOSE complete winter pak ( adjustable power heated grips and thumb warmer) Install was a charm 45 min. and they seem to work great!!
Old 11-09-2007, 08:59 PM
Not a Newbie

Zukbuilder bad newbie
Buy it in the states, you'll save thousands. I bought my Renegade there last month saved about 3800.00
Old 11-10-2007, 12:31 AM
I got kicked and now have a
Swollen Member

kootenaycat bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwast View Post
HOly smokes!!! you can get 180 on a tank on yer 700..wow.
I did 85 on a half tank in princeton a few weeks ago, thought that was pretty good.
How you ride and where you r riding (trails vs. open road) sure does make a big difference in fuel consumption thats for sure!

PS, I just put on a MOOSE complete winter pak ( adjustable power heated grips and thumb warmer) Install was a charm 45 min. and they seem to work great!!
Don't believe the fuel guage on these quads. When mine is on empty (not blinking) and I refill, it takes about 10 litres which really means half tank. When the guage is blinking it takes about 7 litres, which is more then 1/4. The manual says that's the "reserve". Too bad they didn't put a real reserve like the 660's and Kodiaks. So yah, if I ran mine right out of fuel, it would be about 180km doing mostly logging and old mining roads, keep in mind in the West Kootenays you can go from 1600' to 7200' in elevation in less then 20 minutes riding on certain trails, so yah they're hard on gas if you're pushing it!
Old 11-10-2007, 12:34 AM
Swollen Member

kootenaycat bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by bustamove View Post
yeah the irs i hear tends to be a bit squirly at high speed bumps, cuz the wheels move in and out when going thru the suspension travel, as with solid it only goes up and down. that being said the outlanders/can am, have rear trailing bars that give the benefits of both worlds.
Haven't rode the CanAm with trailing arms, but in theory they are still IRS. It all depends on the stiffness of the springs and valving of the shocks. My Grizz is set up on the soft side (yah I'm getting old) and it leans had in corners. But the 750 Brute Force my buddy used to ride was set up stiff and handled almost flat on every corner but would beat the shit out of you in the rough stuff. My Kodiak with a solid rear will out corner my IRS Grizz, but my back can't take it anymore. One more reason I like my 700!
Old 11-10-2007, 09:50 AM
Out-N-About

Growly Gorilla bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by kootenaycat View Post
Haven't rode the CanAm with trailing arms, but in theory they are still IRS. It all depends on the stiffness of the springs and valving of the shocks.
Have mine(brp) set up mid range on the spring with the stock shocks and the faster you go on the bumpy stuff (pot holes and wash board) the smoother it is and quite stable. If you drop the springs down to there softest it's nice and cusshy for the slow rides but dont attempt any high speed corners(really leans) I just wish I had bought a bigger machine,I have a 400ho.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:22 PM
Prospect

bustamove bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zukbuilder View Post
Buy it in the states, you'll save thousands. I bought my Renegade there last month saved about 3800.00
yeah i wanted to pick a can am out of the states, but i think i said this before, if u go down now, there charging Canadians $3,000 surcharge, and most u.s. dealers won't even sell em to Canadians.....
Old 11-12-2007, 10:08 PM
Not a Newbie

Zukbuilder bad newbie
Quote:
yeah i wanted to pick a can am out of the states, but i think i said this before, if u go down now, there charging Canadians $3,000 surcharge, and most u.s. dealers won't even sell em to Canadians.....

This must be something new, maybe after that news article on gloabal TV. I only bought mine a month ago. There was no surcharge when I got mine, and a friend of mine bought one three weeks ago from Steel Dreams in Burlington. Same deal as me. Just paid and left with it.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:51 PM
Prospect

bustamove bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zukbuilder View Post
This must be something new, maybe after that news article on gloabal TV. I only bought mine a month ago. There was no surcharge when I got mine, and a friend of mine bought one three weeks ago from Steel Dreams in Burlington. Same deal as me. Just paid and left with it.
yeah thats were i was looking to pick one up too, from steal dreams.. hmm well maybe i will have to look into that again... but i am also looking at international motor sports, there prices are pretty decent
Old 11-16-2007, 09:07 PM
Not a Newbie

Zukbuilder bad newbie
Quote:
yeah thats were i was looking to pick one up too, from steal dreams.. hmm well maybe i will have to look into that again... but i am also looking at international motor sports, there prices are pretty decent

I actually bought mine from SK Northwest in Portland, Oregon
Old 11-27-2007, 11:22 PM
Long where it counts
Swollen Member

longhorn bad newbie
Arctic Cat has a 950.
Anyone own one?
Old 11-28-2007, 12:12 AM
Now I see what FIBC is about

OverkillYJ bad newbie
Ive got a pair on honda 650 rincons. 1st year with a lot of coputer problems, but after that was sorted out they are amazing. especially with intake and exhaust. fast too
Old 12-08-2007, 09:55 PM
Having FUN IN B.C.

crazydude Unknown Newbie
Heard the 800 h.o. have a frame cracking prob due to weak frames for the size of the motor in them.
Old 12-08-2007, 11:41 PM
Swollen Member

kootenaycat bad newbie
Anyone who owns an 800 Canam recommends getting a good skid plate before even taking possesion. Apparently the mono-frame looks strong, but if you land on a rock wrong, which NEVER happens , they bend really easy and then your hooped.
Old 12-09-2007, 12:48 AM
Fuck Jesus he does not exist

surreysinner bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
Arctic Cat has a 950.
Anyone own one?
is that true?