Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > All about your Ride > Quads , Sleds, bikes and Boats

Quads , Sleds, bikes and Boats Got a question or want to show off a new mod on your Quad, Snowmobile, bike or Boat? This is the place to go

Old 10-31-2007, 12:19 AM
Prospect

bustamove bad newbie
what type of quad

hey i am looking at either i think a brute force 750 or king quad 750.. what i really wanted was a outlander 500 or 650 but still alot of money. anyways anyone own one of these, anything bad about either of em. or any suggestions?.
Old 10-31-2007, 07:01 PM
Jimmy Rustler

Chody bad newbie
goet one with power steering... oh and go for a 800cc can am you got me hooked
Old 11-01-2007, 08:17 AM
Out-N-About

Growly Gorilla bad newbie
http://www.funinbc.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77726

Or go and test ride em then make your own decision.
Old 11-01-2007, 09:33 AM
Make your own-iEdit Title in 'User CP'

crazylike bad newbie
buy a grizzly 660 or the new 700 with power steering. never go wrong with a grizzly.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:26 AM
Prospect

bustamove bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChodyGT View Post
goet one with power steering... oh and go for a 800cc can am you got me hooked
oh man u have no idea how much i want a can am, but just can't afford it, and there being gay and even if u go down to the states the U.S. dealers are not even selling them to Canadians or if they do there charging surcharge of 3000.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:29 AM
Prospect

bustamove bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazylike View Post
buy a grizzly 660 or the new 700 with power steering. never go wrong with a grizzly.
don't get me wrong the grizzly is a great machine, but i have little pet peeves about em, for one there gas tank is up high which lowers the air intake and access to it, and most other bikes have there tanks under the seat for better weight distubution...and why is the gear shift on the left side awkward but u could get used to it, and i think i am looking at getting a Kawasaki just cuz there v-twin. and i love the power
Old 11-01-2007, 11:28 PM
I got kicked and now have a
Swollen Member

kootenaycat bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by bustamove View Post
don't get me wrong the grizzly is a great machine, but i have little pet peeves about em, for one there gas tank is up high which lowers the air intake and access to it, and most other bikes have there tanks under the seat for better weight distubution...and why is the gear shift on the left side awkward but u could get used to it, and i think i am looking at getting a Kawasaki just cuz there v-twin. and i love the power
The 700 Grizz had the tank moved under the seat, but I find mine to be a lot lighter on the front end. Took a few rides to get used to it. And as for the air intake, mines up pretty high. Watched a couple of buddies blasting through 3' of water, the 700 Grizz flew through every time without soaking the belt, the 800 CanAm soaked the belt and came to a halt every time he blasted through the same crossing. And the gear shifter should be on the left side, that way one hand stays on the throttle, shift with the other. Always hated my Polaris with the shifter on the right.

The Brute Force is a good machine, the guy with the 800 CanAm is still sorry for selling his and getting the CanAm. Only problem he had was the 4x4 engagement. If he in was 2wd going downhill and came to a dead end and had to back up, it won't engage 4x4 without going forward first, would just spin the rear tires trying to back up. Just had to remember to put it in 4x4 while still going forward.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:30 PM
Swollen Member

kootenaycat bad newbie
Oh yah, and once you've rode one with power steering on tight, rocky, technical trails, you won't go back!
Old 11-06-2007, 07:11 PM
Prospect

bustamove bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by kootenaycat View Post
The 700 Grizz had the tank moved under the seat, but I find mine to be a lot lighter on the front end. Took a few rides to get used to it. And as for the air intake, mines up pretty high. Watched a couple of buddies blasting through 3' of water, the 700 Grizz flew through every time without soaking the belt, the 800 CanAm soaked the belt and came to a halt every time he blasted through the same crossing. And the gear shifter should be on the left side, that way one hand stays on the throttle, shift with the other. Always hated my Polaris with the shifter on the right.

The Brute Force is a good machine, the guy with the 800 CanAm is still sorry for selling his and getting the CanAm. Only problem he had was the 4x4 engagement. If he in was 2wd going downhill and came to a dead end and had to back up, it won't engage 4x4 without going forward first, would just spin the rear tires trying to back up. Just had to remember to put it in 4x4 while still going forward.
i c, well i didn't know the 700 has the gas under the seat, hmm ic. thanks for the reply, especially about the 4x4 engagment. and also little things like maintans isuses or anything like that. i am looking for, i think its between a grizzly 700 and a bruteforce 750, the only difference now is do i want a v twin or not....
Old 11-06-2007, 09:37 PM
Swollen Member

kootenaycat bad newbie
Quote:
i c, well i didn't know the 700 has the gas under the seat, hmm ic. thanks for the reply, especially about the 4x4 engagment. and also little things like maintans isuses or anything like that. i am looking for, i think its between a grizzly 700 and a bruteforce 750, the only difference now is do i want a v twin or not....

And power steering! Seriously, you gotta try one with and one without in a really tight, 4x4, slow technical trail.

But, 2 good choices, hard to beat the straight out power of the Brute Force. Only thing that beats it is the 800CanAm.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:50 PM
Fuck Jesus he does not exist

surreysinner bad newbie
I got a 700 kawi 04 and power wise its unreal. From what i understand the newer ones have irs and they dont handle as well as a solid axle rear at high speeds.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:38 PM
Now I see what FIBC is about

kwast Unknown Newbie
Quote:

maybe fuel consumption would be something to consider between the twin and single?? I don't know how much different it would be?
Not that either are twins, but I do sometimes use quite a bit more in my 660 than my bud in his 500 vinson(but then I do tend to drive a little more aggresively )
It just depends on how much fuel you wanna pack, how far you wanna go and how much fuel they hold?
Maybe some one else can chime in on the differences in fuel consumption.

Or maybe I'm just partial to tha Grizzly........
Old 11-08-2007, 09:56 PM

DOJA bad newbie
Talking

can am 800 only way to go!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-09-2007, 12:18 AM
Swollen Member

kootenaycat bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwast View Post
maybe fuel consumption would be something to consider between the twin and single?? I don't know how much different it would be?
Not that either are twins, but I do sometimes use quite a bit more in my 660 than my bud in his 500 vinson(but then I do tend to drive a little more aggresively )
It just depends on how much fuel you wanna pack, how far you wanna go and how much fuel they hold?
Maybe some one else can chime in on the differences in fuel consumption.
They all seem to go about the same for MPG, I look at the size of tank when I'm purchasing a quad, along with many other things! The Cat's are really nice, 25litre tank, rarely have to pack spare fuel. My 700 Grizz goes about 180km on a tank compared to my Kodiak which does about 130-150km/tank. Though the Kodiak gets much better MPG, I'd just go with the bigger tank.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:54 PM
Prospect

bustamove bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by kootenaycat View Post
And power steering! Seriously, you gotta try one with and one without in a really tight, 4x4, slow technical trail.

But, 2 good choices, hard to beat the straight out power of the Brute Force. Only thing that beats it is the 800CanAm.
yeah can am 800 are wicked machines. they also come with a pretty high price to pay for that, i would love to try power steering on a trail instead of show room/parking lot, but unless u know someone that has one, its hard to see..