Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > All about your Ride > RC Room

RC Room All about the wacky world of RC “Remote Control” mini monster trucks

Old 09-30-2007, 09:06 PM
Even with beadlocks I can blow beads

Big_Ern bad newbie
Ern's HPI Wheely King

Since I can't drive an wheel right now myself, I got the next closest thing so I can wheel something... An HPI WHeely King

No lame poser pics, it crawled into both of these

I bought it used off a buddy for $500. He had it for 2 years and built it up real nice. Has a high tourque low rpm lathe motor in it amongst other things like a full custom frame, some new links, couple bodies and a new cage to fit the current body,

Started out as a Stock HPI Wheelie King. For some reason the wheelie kings come with a front drive axle, but no driveshaft, so he put some shafts from a tmax into it Glued the diffs to lock them up, and the tires onto the rims which he also narrowed for beadlocks

So much fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87pathy View Post
nice j-arm suspension big ern. you running that front and rear?
Rear: Stock wishbone 3 link

Front: 3 link w/ stock wishbone center link. J arm lower links

Doesn't seem to get hung up on the stock straight rear lowers, but if they cause a problem I'll J arm them
Old 10-12-2007, 06:49 AM
i told her she was fat, now i have a

Jroc bad newbie
might have to be my next project!
Old 10-12-2007, 09:29 AM
Austin Roy Crutch

Explorer guy418 bad newbie
weir u get those.
Old 10-12-2007, 09:35 AM

RIFF RAFF has a reputation beyond reputeRIFF RAFF has a reputation beyond reputeRIFF RAFF has a reputation beyond reputeRIFF RAFF has a reputation beyond reputeRIFF RAFF has a reputation beyond reputeRIFF RAFF has a reputation beyond reputeRIFF RAFF has a reputation beyond reputeRIFF RAFF has a reputation beyond reputeRIFF RAFF has a reputation beyond reputeRIFF RAFF has a reputation beyond reputeRIFF RAFF has a reputation beyond repute
nice . since this room has opened up i have taken a little more interest in these things. i like them.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:13 PM

Big_Ern bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer guy418 View Post
weir u get those.
At pretty much any hobby shop. They run about $400 new. Spend some time on a few cheap/free mods and it'll work awesome
Old 10-13-2007, 11:03 AM
RIP CHILLIWACK....

HEAVY METAL bad newbie
304. and change ( with tax...)
Old 10-13-2007, 11:21 AM
Stop staring at my
Swollen Member

Location: Usually in a tent near; Davis lake, Stave Lake, Harrison,
FKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond repute
I would recomend buying a better batery and a charger too.
Old 10-13-2007, 11:22 AM
consistently inconsistent

factor bad newbie
hahahhaha nice sigline dean
Old 10-13-2007, 11:25 AM
Stop staring at my
Swollen Member

FKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond reputeFKN MRK has a reputation beyond repute
Old 10-13-2007, 01:43 PM

Big_Ern bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by HEAVY METAL View Post
304. and change ( with tax...)
Didn't realize they were that cheap now. Can't beat that for a kickass starter rig

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotWheels View Post
I would recomend buying a better batery and a charger too.
already got one. The battery I got now lasts for a full 1.5 hours of solid running. Crawling with lots of stops and starts is even longer. And a quick charger that you can choose between a slow 1A trickle charge or a quick 6A charge (20 mins or something fast like that)
Old 10-13-2007, 01:43 PM
RIP CHILLIWACK....

HEAVY METAL bad newbie
fukin mark.... thanks Dave...
Old 10-13-2007, 03:48 PM
Mountain Man

Taxidermy bad newbie
cool 4x4
Old 10-13-2007, 05:02 PM
Stop staring at my
Swollen Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Ern View Post
Didn't realize they were that cheap now. Can't beat that for a kickass starter rig

already got one. The battery I got now lasts for a full 1.5 hours of solid running. Crawling with lots of stops and starts is even longer. And a quick charger that you can choose between a slow 1A trickle charge or a quick 6A charge (20 mins or something fast like that)
I was kinda puttin that out to let exploder guy know what he would be lookin to spend ....lookin at your rig i figured you had all that covered
Old 10-13-2007, 08:46 PM
i told her she was fat, now i have a

Jroc bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Ern View Post

dont use the 6 amps unless your battery is 5000ma or more (which they dont make) youll blow it up fast! if you have 2000ma dont use more then 3 amp, or if 3000 no more than 4amp ect.. your battery's will last a lot longer this way!
Old 10-14-2007, 04:06 PM

Big_Ern bad newbie
I use the 1A trickle charge most of the time because it lasts so damn long I haven't had it run out in the middle of using it and wanted it charged quick so I can use it again.

the Bettery I got is a Sanyo 3300MAh NI-MH 6 cell pack.