Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > All about your Ride > Quads , Sleds, bikes and Boats

Quads , Sleds, bikes and Boats Got a question or want to show off a new mod on your Quad, Snowmobile, bike or Boat? This is the place to go

Old 09-29-2007, 08:26 PM
Albatross
Swollen Member

barracuda bad newbie
what your describing is the dealer feedback supporting the inflated MSRP. do you know what the mark up is on these items ? even Canadian made ATVs are alot cheaper in the US then in Canada sorry but we are getting ripped off because we are accepting it. If everyone purchased elsewhere then they would have no choice but to lower prices.

Last edited by barracuda : 09-29-2007 at 08:30 PM.
Old 09-29-2007, 09:03 PM
Rookie

Old Smella Unknown Newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by barracuda View Post
even Canadian made ATVs are alot cheaper in the US then in Canada sorry but we are getting ripped off because we are accepting it. If everyone purchased elsewhere then they would have no choice but to lower prices.
The dealers go with the flow as long as it works for them. With the dollar the way it is, the reasons to buy locally are becoming less. Warranty, typical is 6 months, most people will tell you that your more than likely to break something and then be told its due to abuse. If its major, take the unit back over the line.

Some Canadian quads this year have Mexican v.i.n.s. It was/ is B.s. that Quads manufactured in this country sell for more here.

One dealer told us that we should buy local so that parts would be readily available. Laughable, If saving $2000-4000, you would have enough cash to keep entertained while waiting for parts.

We're part of NAFTA, so why such a large differance in prices?.If Americans thought we sold oil to them for higher price,they would have bitched as loud as possible.
the sheep we have in Ottawa will do f.a for us. The Dealers really are the ones that stand to lose the most. With the Canadian $ the way it is and prices
so low in the states, not hard to guess where the sales will be.

I bought local and have a good dealer.
Old 09-29-2007, 09:38 PM
Albatross
Swollen Member

barracuda bad newbie
Argos are made in Canada and in alot of ways are as Canadian as cold weather. I contacted ODG (they make the argo)and they really couldnt offer much of an explation other then the dealers decide what they can sell them for and gave me a dealer in Canada that might be more flexible on thier prices(alberta of course). They actually didnt even urge me to purchase in Canada as a sale is a sale is a sale to them whether i buy it here or elsewhere.