Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > All about your Ride > Quads , Sleds, bikes and Boats

Quads , Sleds, bikes and Boats Got a question or want to show off a new mod on your Quad, Snowmobile, bike or Boat? This is the place to go

Old 09-07-2007, 12:23 AM
I got kicked and now have a
Swollen Member

kootenaycat bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by surreysinner View Post
LOL. Pullstart is a joke but does work. You know what it takes to pull start a vtwin with a lawmower handle? LOL

Seriously its stupid. They should have a snowmobile type handle. I can pull mine 3 times tops and my hand is fucked. They should have kick starts.
Yup. Ever try pulling over a 660 single cylinder four stroke, cold?
Old 09-07-2007, 12:26 AM
Fuck Jesus he does not exist

surreysinner bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by kootenaycat View Post
The 700 is also EFI and won't start with a pullstart, need a charge to run fuel pump. As a precaution I bought a mini set of jumper cables for mine. Would really suck to be 80km from the truck with a dead/bad battery!

And in the last 11 years of owning quads, I have never needed to pull start any of mine on the trail. Left the key on twice at home though for a few days and needed to charge the battery then. They are pretty reliable rigs.
Yup, that is one thing I never cheap out on now. A killer battery is a must, especially if you winch. I just put a brand new one in mine 2 weeks ago. They only seem to last about 2 yrs tops.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:53 AM

murdog88 Unknown Newbie
I hear that K Cat I was just showin the boys how easy it is to pull over my 660 when its warm but in the winter you got no chance in hell gettin her goin.
BTW K Cat i think you only live about 2 blocks from me, give me a shout.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:55 AM
RIP CHILLIWACK....

HEAVY METAL bad newbie
BTW K Cat i think you only live about 2 blocks from me, give me a shout.[/quote]

dude.. thats like mountain blocks...
Old 09-08-2007, 01:38 AM
Swollen Member

kootenaycat bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by HEAVY METAL View Post
BTW K Cat i think you only live about 2 blocks from me, give me a shout.

dude.. thats like mountain blocks...[/quote]

Yah, no shit. In the country they call them "cutblocks".

Murdog, I PM'd ya.
Old 09-08-2007, 07:48 PM
Now I see what FIBC is about

351BII Good newbie
Still good to have a pull start. My buddys suzuki 700 king quad is fuel injected and his battery went dead over night for some reason and woke up the next morning and it wouldnt turn over and the lights were super dim. Turn the key and switches to on and gave it a couple pulls and it fired up...Could of used jumper cables too but didnt have any
Old 09-26-2007, 12:47 PM
Make your own-iEdit Title in 'User CP'
Swollen Member

Stetson bad newbie
Just caught this thread, with our dollar at par, the same Quads in the states are much less MSRP in the US on a 660 is $7200-7500, and in Canada $10499
Old 09-27-2007, 12:52 AM
Swollen Member

kootenaycat bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stetson View Post
Just caught this thread, with our dollar at par, the same Quads in the states are much less MSRP in the US on a 660 is $7200-7500, and in Canada $10499
Worth checking out but find out what duty will be, it's made outside the USA (Buy a Cat, they're made in the USA). And warranty will probably be null too. Canada dealer will definitely not warranty a USA quad. I don't blame them either.

This was on the news last night. Dealers here are trying to have prices reduced to retain Canadian customers. Porsche already is lowering Canadian prices on their models and other manufactures are thinking the same.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:44 AM
Albatross
Swollen Member

barracuda bad newbie
been looking around and it does seem as though we get hosed on our atv prices a bit, even Alaskans pay less then us. the warrenty issue is normally pretty short on quads it seems ,so i really dont know if that is a hugh issue for the majority of folks but if you happen to get one started on a friday and finished on monday that warrenty could be la life saver . we did look into the whole ATV import thing and it doesnt seem to difficult but it all comes down to what you are willing to do to save money (which in this case could be several thousand dollars)
Old 09-28-2007, 10:03 AM
Albatross
Swollen Member

barracuda bad newbie
our dollar is at par almost and look at the price difference. we are getting hosed . and dont buy the line about them paying a higher price to purchase when the CDN dollar was weaker and the current cdn price reflects that. even the 2008 models which are not even in stock are listed very high

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/outdoor/...0/0/specs.aspx

http://www.yamaha-motor.ca/products/...php?model=2402

now i know that you can bring them across for very little money on top of what you pay. here is a link pertaining to the matter
http://vehicleimportation.ca/
http://quads.ca/bb/search.php?mode=results
Go to quads .CA and search importing as there are alot of threads on this

Last edited by barracuda : 09-28-2007 at 10:32 AM.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:23 AM
winter camping give me a
Swollen Member

Honky bad newbie
I guess my timing is a little
Old 09-28-2007, 10:35 AM
Albatross
Swollen Member

barracuda bad newbie
Why are we 33% higher especially when you think that the new 08 models will be purchased by dealers at the current dollar.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:16 AM
Outback adventurer

mryahoo99 bad newbie
Here is a link to a local guy who brought his in when the dollar was much cheaper and the savings he saw. Describes importing it to a 'T'

http://vehicleimportation.ca/

Ship happens and packageexpress are both easy to deal with, and just across the sumas border.

Last edited by mryahoo99 : 09-28-2007 at 11:22 AM.
Old 09-28-2007, 12:41 PM
Albatross
Swollen Member

barracuda bad newbie
one other note: the Rhino is built in GA, USA so it would fall under the free trade, so the Canadian retailers really have no excuse for takeing advantage of the ability to fleece their fellow Canadians on the price difference other then they can
Old 09-29-2007, 07:12 PM
Rookie

Old Smella Unknown Newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by barracuda View Post
so the Canadian retailers really have no excuse for takeing advantage of the ability to fleece their fellow Canadians on the price difference other then they can
Its not the Dealers, its the Distributors I.e. Yamaha Canada sells to the Local dealers at a higher rate. The local dealers can't discount to compete with U.s. prices without a loss. Hopefully the Dealers will lose enough business that they will point out the need to equalize prices with those to the south, as they staand to lose the most.