Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > All about your Ride > suzuki Talk

Old 08-01-2007, 10:19 AM
Not all who wander are lost.

Kinslayer Unknown Newbie
Swift/Sprint parts

Samurais and Swifts are very similar vehicles when it comes to their motors, is anything else the same or compatible? GT/GTi Swifts have rear discs for instance, has anyone done a rear disc swap from a GT to a samurai?

Also, there are numerous known (to the Swift community) brake modifications/swaps for better braking performance that could be very benefitial to you sammy guys, if the calipers and rotors are similar.

For instance - a GT caliper has identical mounting points as a Honda CRX caliper, all you need is two hard washers to space it right and you have 30% more braking surface...AND there is a LOT of aftermarket support for honda stuff (IE, high end calipers etc)

I have a Swift GT and a Turbo Sprint, both with similar but different brakes, and my buddy has a Samurai, perhaps in the upcoming weeks we'll get down to measuring things and seeing what, if anything, is compatible...assuming everyone already doesn't know this stuff.

Also, has anyone tried putting a Sprint 1L(or Turbo 1L - with FI) in one of those little sammys? the uhh... LJs or whatever, the ones with the 800CC motors or so.
I have a complete top end from a turbo 1L, MAF, Intercooler, Intake, fuel rail and injectors - has anyone thought about putting something like that on a 1L~ sammy? It would need a wiring harness and computer, but I mean, fuel injection man.
Old 08-01-2007, 07:44 PM
Now I see what FIBC is about

fresh Unknown Newbie
my old high skools swift had 125 horse then he put nos in it. it really lightened too. very kool...no turbo
Old 08-01-2007, 08:42 PM
Now I see what FIBC is about

redwingfan_number19 bad newbie
other than motor parts I don't believe much would be compatible,
brakes on samurais will already be bigger, a rear disc swap is possible no matter what you wanna use/do,

For what its worth the 1.0L will bolt up to a 1.3L transmission, You'll run into firewall issues with teh distributor on teh 1.0l, I measured it all out, or you can move everything forward, another pain, so in the end ya may as well stay with your 1.3 or go with a 1.6l.

Alternators, starters, and many other motor parts all swap over from the 1.0l which is nice,

Matt
Old 08-01-2007, 10:19 PM
Not all who wander are lost.

Kinslayer Unknown Newbie
Yeah, I know the alternator is the same for sure..radiator sure looks similar. Sprint electric fans would work pretty well on a samurai I think.

Oh, and will the brakes on a sammy be bigger? I had a look at some trackers when I was at Gary's last and the brakes looked pretty similar, the calipers did anyway. The GT brakes are pretty big... IE, you have to run a 14 inch rim to clear the caliper