Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > All about your Ride > suzuki Talk

Old 06-11-2007, 10:59 PM
Prospect

bustamove bad newbie
differential set up

does anyone know or can they set up a differential, i just payed MR transmission to fix mine, gears gone, and i guess it was soo bad he had to replace the whole third member, , cost me 1300,it runs great but the thing is, i told him in the old one there a locker in there, no no no he says, well now i have an open diff and it sucks. long story short, i really don't want to pay a shop 85 an hour to do it. anyone??
Old 06-12-2007, 10:21 PM
has a smrt
Swollen Member

youngun bad newbie
you know you could have bought a 3rd member from a wreaker for 80 bucks and payed someone 50 bucks to weld it and a couple hours labour and you would have a good diff.....
Old 06-13-2007, 08:17 AM

Chillbilly Unknown Newbie
Yea...ya might wanna start hating that shop right about now.........for charging you for a 3rd member what it would cost for the freakin engine.

Installing the rear is super easy too...just kinda looks scary is all.
Old 06-14-2007, 05:03 PM
Prospect

bustamove bad newbie
i know it wasn't till after the fact, that i realize i could have done it myself, he said he was only going to put new gears in, i didn't realize he was going to do all this work or eles i would have said fuck it, oh well leason learnt the hard way i guess
Old 06-14-2007, 05:30 PM
I have a huge
Swollen Member

redman bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by bustamove View Post
i know it wasn't till after the fact, that i realize i could have done it myself, he said he was only going to put new gears in, i didn't realize he was going to do all this work or eles i would have said fuck it, oh well leason learnt the hard way i guess
i would not pay i only pay for work that i agree to. Looks like they have taken advantage of the situation.

might be time to drop a lit flare in their shop i know some one who has done that made him feel great
Old 06-14-2007, 05:35 PM
Prospect

bustamove bad newbie
hahah yeah, well its my bad for not being on the ball, i never taking my vechicle into the shop before, usually i do all the work myself, that being said, i wish i could do that, but i am going to go for a visit some time this week and complain about my locker
Old 06-14-2007, 05:58 PM
The on board nurse is still scared of
Swollen Member

Always broke bad newbie
Try Merv 604-607-5593 he's really good and he does this on the side so you don't get overcharged he did mine and it was reasonable
Old 06-14-2007, 06:13 PM
Prospect

bustamove bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Always broke View Post
Try Merv 604-607-5593 he's really good and he does this on the side so you don't get overcharged he did mine and it was reasonable
hmm i c, thank you, well i will have to talk to him, but its gunna be a little while so i can recover from this shock....