Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > All about your Ride > suzuki Talk

Old 06-10-2007, 10:46 AM
Prospect

Throttle Unknown Newbie
Clutch headaches

My girlfriend drives a 90 tracker, no lift, bone stock. We've had nothing but problems with this thing. Which is really disapointing, because I had a jacked Samurai and never had any problems.

Anyway, my gf loses her clutch right in the middle of traffic a couple days ago. She said she heard a POP and then the clutch pedal had nothing. I took a couple hours off work to go take a look to see if I could fix it, thinking it was just the adjusters that had come loose or something easy. When I got down there, I saw that where the clutch cable mounts to the firewall had pulled STRAIGHT THROUGH THE FIREWALL!! I could have driven it home by using the starter motor to get me goin in first, then shift with no clutch (not the first time I've had to limp a car home with no clutch), but we decided to get it towed instead as we both had to get back to our jobs.

Once we got home, we limped the car up to my friends place on the mountain to weld on a plate where the clutch cable originally mounted. While welding had a small fire from the insulation by the firewall catching fire (we moved it aside as far as we could before starting wedling).

Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem with their clutch cable? Oh and the cable that pulled right through the firewall was about 1 year old, we replaced it when the original dried up.
Old 06-10-2007, 10:50 AM
RIP CHILLIWACK....

HEAVY METAL bad newbie
nothin personal bud.. buts its a cheap car built cheaply...u have too expect stuff like that... kinda like ya get what ya pay for..

but sounds like u've fixed the prob and are good too go!
Old 06-10-2007, 02:12 PM
Prospect

bustamove bad newbie
yup on my old 89 tracker, i had the clutch cable pull right thru the firewall, tore metal and all, i did the same thing u did welded a plate in, but now i have learned if the clutch cable gets worn and sticky replace it, ASAP, cuz afterward i found the old cable cracked the metal that held it, and it just got progressively worse and also make sure the plate is in the right spot, i also snapped a new cable at the top hook, from being at the wrong angle.
Old 06-10-2007, 02:32 PM
loves eating your moms

Mud Slinging Dumb Fawker Unknown Newbie
Shitty to hear that the same kinda thing happened to me in wednesday but it was my slave cylinder the berring siezed and melted the slave the shitty thing was i was on my way to baseball when it happened so i had to start it useing the starter and drve through the city and it sucked shit
Old 06-10-2007, 05:55 PM
Prospect

Throttle Unknown Newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by HEAVY METAL View Post
nothin personal bud.. buts its a cheap car built cheaply...u have too expect stuff like that... kinda like ya get what ya pay for..

but sounds like u've fixed the prob and are good too go!
haha yeah, its basically a tin can with wheels on I've found.