Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > Adventure B.C. > General outdoor Discussion

General outdoor Discussion For any outdoor adventure. Trail talk, camping, skiing, hiking, etc If itís outside and fun talk about it here.

Old 05-22-2007, 10:04 PM
Swollen Member
Swollen Member

MikeWild bad newbie
Arnee, I wish more folks your age had the same attitude as you. You got an awesome outlook my friend. Yer good in my books! Not that that means much, look who I go camping with!

Old 05-22-2007, 10:23 PM
has motherly love for all
Swollen Member

Momma Taz Good newbie
nice pics, love the head dresses, i agree with you about cleaning up after yourself. you would live in a house with kind of mess-you would clean up. same for the camping at any age
Old 05-22-2007, 11:56 PM

mud-dog27 Unknown Newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWild View Post
I was taught from a young age to always clean up after myself when camping, leave the place in better condition than when you found it! If idiots want to go and trash places like Hale Creek, they can probably expect to get some pretty darn good beatings as a result. Most kids, (not all) have no respect these days, they trash stolen cars out there, they are a menace on the FSR's by driving wreckless and drunk as fuck endangering everyone else who's out there trying to enjoy it. Being a young punk does not give you the right to act like complete fucktards! I'd love to come tear up your front lawn, dump my trash everywhere and leave a big old shit on your doorstep. Do you see any difference from that to what yer all doing?
same here i was taught at a young age from the time i started camping to always clean up after yourself when your camping.....its just like a dog ya gotta teach em from a young age or they'll never learn
89 wagoneer LTD. , 32x11.5R15 wild country RVT, 15x8 AR baja rims , surco safari roofrack w/spare tire kit , cobra 19 DXIII w/ high gear mic. 4' whip on a 3" heavy-duty spring , 4.5" full leaf pack lift kit

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2135313

Old 05-23-2007, 12:12 AM
Swollen Member
Swollen Member

MikeWild bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Chill 212 View Post
Next time you and your little buddies want to go camping, go to your local city dump, cause thats the only place you deserve to camp.

Old 05-23-2007, 12:54 AM
flavored
Swollen Member

Candy Good newbie
Quote:
Defensive are we? Face it, your not sorry about the mess at all. You are just sorry you got called on your post. Again, if you are sorry you'd own up to it, and stand up to your buddies for the mess they left. Not get all pissed about being called on your BS.

Like I said get your shit straight.

Next time you and your little buddies want to go camping, go to your local city dump, cause thats the only place you deserve to camp.

he cleaned up his shit... he left before the group... he shouldnt be held responsible because of some dumbass move that his group made... i mean everyone has to do their part to keep these spots clean... its not just one persons responsibility...

and like he said we were all that age at some point... and not everyone was raised like some of us who were always told/ taught to clean up our sites so theyre cleaning than when we got there...

and i thought you had to be 19 to get a campsite but i guess if its not at an actual campsite they just do whatever... but honestly he apologized soo
Old 05-23-2007, 12:57 AM
flavored
Swollen Member

Candy Good newbie
But i still think its pretty messed up that everyone else had to clean up after a bunch of grads who are old enough to clean up after themselves... you're old enough to have sex, go to the bathroom on your own, go out drinking, go out anywhere without supervision... then you're damn well old enough to clean up a goddamn campsite
Old 05-23-2007, 10:16 AM
Prospect

broncorandy bad newbie
Just my to cents but the guy cant police all his budys but I think he might have learned a lesson here. Does anyone know forsure no one went back up to cleen up. Like I said take it as a lesson learned and when u know u done wrong dont cover it up and then maybe u wont get sht on.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:45 AM
winter camping give me a
Swollen Member

Honky bad newbie
This guy is just one but it happens every year and it’s always the Grads that make the mess. I seen is stretch for ½ a KM on the East side of Harrison, so much so you can hardly see the road. They come under prepared and have a get drunk till they puke mentality. In the morning their hung over and never what to clean up the shit they broke or the garbage they made. Every year on the May long weekend it’s the same thing with the same group.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:48 AM
Now I see what FIBC is about

Miss Chill 212 Good newbie
Candy,

Thats just it, everyone has to do their part to keep spots like that clean. I never said he is responsible for the whole group, maybe you should read my posts again.

I'm calling him on the move HE MADE ON HIS OWN.

I'll try to make this clear for you, maybe point form will work:

-He admitted to being with the group that left the mess

- He changed his post and acted like he was not with that group, and was agreeing with the rest of us that its wrong to leave a mess like that

- I asked him why he changed his post

- I again posted saying how he admitted to being with that group, and again asked him why he changed his post

- He responded

You come in & say:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy View Post
Wow, how lazy were they??? if my friends did that id smack'em upside the head pretty hard and make them go clean it up... and if they didnt i would've... obviously theyve got no respect for anything around them
- I responded to Bocephus, & this is the important post you should read again, its post #50
"Think about it, If you owned up to being with that group you could have stood up for yourself and said something like, Yeah I was with that group, I cleaned up after myself when I left, I don't agree with the mess they left behind & I'll have a talk with them. If I saw something like that from you I would look at you different and I'm sure alot of others on here would as well.
I realize maybe at your age its not cool to be the only one in a group to stand up and speak out for what you belive in, I guess that is what separates the boys from the men"

I'm telling him to be responsible for himself and his own actions, not saying he is resposible for every ones actions.

-Read post #58 again, thats the one you quoted me on and shook your head at. Here this is the part I think you had problems with, I said to him "if you are sorry you'd own up to it, and stand up to your buddies for the mess they left" Do you understand I trying to tell him to do his part and take responsibility for his own actions?

It starts with just one person. ONE person and get the ball rolling and change the actions of a whole group. Maybe me calling him out & people on here giving him a hard time will make him think next time he finds out this buddies left a mess, maybe HE WILL STAND UP TO THEM & STAND UP FOR WHATS RIGHT and tell them to clean their mess.

Again I never blamed him for the mess his buddies left, I called him out on his own actions.

I can only hope he has learned from this and passed the message onto his buddies, maybe some of them are on here and will read this. Maybe someone from that group will come on here and SORRY & THANK YOU to people that clean up shit left behind.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:06 AM
Somewhere in BC, I own a truck!

sbags bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bocephus View Post
u guys dont get it people where coming back they didnt jsut fuckin get up and left (i dotn think)
I gots an idea......why not keep your site clean WHILE you are there(why look at garbage and emptys?)....and if you are going to town for more beer and , going for a rip on the quad, or out fishing; leave you'r site clean so the animals don't come feast on it.......or leave the impression that it has been abandoned.
Old 05-23-2007, 02:01 PM
cornbinder on coils
Swollen Member

epic3 bad newbie
Bocephus Candy and all thier friends are a bunch of over coddled breast fed for to long never smacked upside the head disrespectful punk kids.
I highly doubt he took out a single bag of his own garbage shit hangs with shit plain and simple and a site lookin like that could only be habitated by SHIT so what I'm tryin to say clearly here is BOCEPHUS is shit and CANDY is smellin like it to for stickin up for him

Hell when we go campin my 11 year old even goes arpound the campsite pickin up other peoples bottle lids and shotgun shells does she complain? NEVER! cuz its the right thing to do
Old 05-23-2007, 02:22 PM
Normal people make good pets
Swollen Member

Candiass bad newbie
I am sick and tired of going on camping trips and having to clean up other peoples shit before I start setting my own stuff up. WTF - if you have room to bring it in then you have room to bring it out!!!!! CLEAN UP YOUR OWN SHIT! Do people honestly think there are people that go and pick up your stuff after you leave. The only way it gets picked up is by the next person who goes to camp there. Bunch of fucking asshats!

Are people not brought up to respect anymore???? I don't get it??? There are too many self centered, spoiled brats with no respect for anyone else. Im sick of it.

Last edited by Candiass : 05-23-2007 at 02:26 PM.
Old 05-23-2007, 04:25 PM
rollin a chev on 40's now bitches

toyon35s Good newbie
yup ,those dumdasses that cant clean up after them selfs should be slapped out forsure ,fukkin pigs belong in a fire pit not in a camp site[unless thats were the fire pit is]but grow up and take responsability for your actions
Old 05-23-2007, 05:07 PM
Make your own-iEdit Title in 'User CP'
Swollen Member

Stetson bad newbie
Quote:
Candy,

Thats just it, everyone has to do their part to keep spots like that clean. I never said he is responsible for the whole group, maybe you should read my posts again.

I'm calling him on the move HE MADE ON HIS OWN.

I'll try to make this clear for you, maybe point form will work:

-He admitted to being with the group that left the mess

- He changed his post and acted like he was not with that group, and was agreeing with the rest of us that its wrong to leave a mess like that

- I asked him why he changed his post

- I again posted saying how he admitted to being with that group, and again asked him why he changed his post

- He responded

You come in & say:

- I responded to Bocephus, & this is the important post you should read again, its post #50
"Think about it, If you owned up to being with that group you could have stood up for yourself and said something like, Yeah I was with that group, I cleaned up after myself when I left, I don't agree with the mess they left behind & I'll have a talk with them. If I saw something like that from you I would look at you different and I'm sure alot of others on here would as well.
I realize maybe at your age its not cool to be the only one in a group to stand up and speak out for what you belive in, I guess that is what separates the boys from the men"

I'm telling him to be responsible for himself and his own actions, not saying he is resposible for every ones actions.

-Read post #58 again, thats the one you quoted me on and shook your head at. Here this is the part I think you had problems with, I said to him "if you are sorry you'd own up to it, and stand up to your buddies for the mess they left" Do you understand I trying to tell him to do his part and take responsibility for his own actions?

It starts with just one person. ONE person and get the ball rolling and change the actions of a whole group. Maybe me calling him out & people on here giving him a hard time will make him think next time he finds out this buddies left a mess, maybe HE WILL STAND UP TO THEM & STAND UP FOR WHATS RIGHT and tell them to clean their mess.

Again I never blamed him for the mess his buddies left, I called him out on his own actions.

I can only hope he has learned from this and passed the message onto his buddies, maybe some of them are on here and will read this. Maybe someone from that group will come on here and SORRY & THANK YOU to people that clean up shit left behind.
AMEN!!
Old 05-23-2007, 05:08 PM
Make your own-iEdit Title in 'User CP'
Swollen Member

Stetson bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbags View Post
I gots an idea......why not keep your site clean WHILE you are there(why look at garbage and emptys?)....and if you are going to town for more beer and , going for a rip on the quad, or out fishing; leave you'r site clean so the animals don't come feast on it.......or leave the impression that it has been abandoned.
WELL PUT!!