Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > All about your Ride > Quads , Sleds, bikes and Boats

Quads , Sleds, bikes and Boats Got a question or want to show off a new mod on your Quad, Snowmobile, bike or Boat? This is the place to go

Old 05-03-2007, 10:38 PM
Prospect

BrentG bad newbie
can-am/bombardier quads are built in china, and assembled in North America btw
Old 05-04-2007, 12:33 AM
Fuck Jesus he does not exist

surreysinner bad newbie
[quote=kwast;1124155]
Quote:
Originally Posted by surreysinner View Post
I got a 04 700 kawi and when i lock it up its locked. You can tell specially since you cant steer. quote]

ummm... not to argue but if yer kawi has a yellow lever (and cable) to engage your diff lock then it will have a clutch system that is considered a variable lock. if you get in to some really tacky stuff you may find it three wheel. (and maybe not) also if the clutches wear out or your cable stretches you may find that it will also three wheel.
Not as good in my mind as a push button pin-engaging type lock as I don't have to hold a lever while locked. and there is no chance of slipping.(unless It breaks ). As stated below, you can get "full" lock, but its still just a wet clutch system, and clutches can always slip.
You might find you like your system better than yamaha but these are the facts.

I dont know about the locking system but it does never ever give out. Trust me i kick the fucking shit out my atv......when it was brand new(0km) first day out people couldnt believe the shit i was doing and going with it.

I have had it in mud up to the seat and locked it up and all 4 tires spinned the hole time. I have gone up hills that i would never ever attempt with my other quads(what a difference the big bore quads make in riding and abilitys) and friend with 500's cant or wont even try.

One thing i fucking do hate is that yellow handle for the locker i agree. It should be a button cuz i dont like to have to hold that little lever when im on a staight up and down cliff leaning over the front of my quad trying not to die and having to worry about my hand slippin off and losing my lock.

Anyway like i said i have had lots of atvs and rode lots of the new ones and i really like the kawi and grizzly for the big bores. Im not sayin that cuz i own one either since my new atv will not be a kawi now that they changed the rear axle to independent. Suppose to suck shit at hi speeds and i like to kick it up to 118.

That s just my 2 cents.

the rider can just grab the lever on the left hand grip, producing full front differential lock. Donít think the differential lock is limited to only fully locked or totally disengaged, the differential lock uses a hand-brake style lever located just in front of the usual hand brake. By using this lever, a varying amount of pressure can obtain a varying amount of differential lock. Letís explain, the differential lock components inside the differential lock are 21 wet clutch plates bathing in the differential oil. When the locking differential lever is pulled, a varying amount of pressure can be transferred to the wet clutch disks producing a varying amount of differential lock being produced at the wheels. Full differential lock or just a hint of lock what ever is needed is available. When the extra traction is not needed, just release the lever and the unit is back to a limited slip differential ATV CONNECTION MAGAZINE
Old 05-04-2007, 07:51 AM
Rookie

Old Smella Unknown Newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentG View Post
can-am/bombardier quads are built in china, and assembled in North America btw
Not sure what you're saying, due to similiar verbage for separate actions on different continents.

Care to provide a source for your assertion.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:17 PM
Prospect

BrentG bad newbie
A sales rep for a certain brand gave me the run-down on the machines. all the parts are built in china, and shipped "semi-complete" to north america, and finished so they can be sold as canada's own
Old 05-04-2007, 07:10 PM
wanna see my
Swollen Member

Cookie bad newbie
goin honda, my minds set( i hope)
Old 05-06-2007, 09:33 PM
Now I see what FIBC is about

stryker07 bad newbie
I went for the 650 xt canam ,it rocks,wheelies,and hauls ass!
Old 05-24-2007, 09:08 PM
Outback adventurer

chad bad newbie
Go can am they blow everything else out of the water ive owned suzuki, kawi, honda and my buddy owns a polaris, the can am just plain kicks ass and weights close to all of the other manufacturers quads just hella faster than again i own an 800. The 650 has the more reliable engine though with the bomb proof 330 top end.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:01 PM
Rookie

Old Smella Unknown Newbie
We tried the Canam 650 and the grizz 700, both are sweet machines. The speed of the 650 sold me. Can ams are the fastest in the 500,650 and 800 classes. The Grizzly 700 is usually rated best all round machine in its class.

Rotax Engines are manufactured in Austria.

Personally I won't purchase off a salesperson who can't promote product on its own merits, but has to allude to shortcomings of competing products.
Old 06-06-2007, 11:59 AM
Team Trouble Founder (Not a Newbie)

Trouble bad newbie
CAN-AM 800 max ltd is my personal favorite. It has a sweet 800cc, 4 stroke engine and the suspension is beefed up. Also compared to the other CAN-AM's it has the biggest size wheels at 26x10x12 Rear and 26x8x12 Front.

Overall I love riding this machine and can't wait to take it home!!! (I work at a dealership that sells CAN-AM, Bombardier and John Deere so I get to test them all out and so far it tops the list!)
Old 06-09-2007, 08:33 PM
Having FUN IN B.C.

HILLBILLY Unknown Newbie
I'd say a kodiac 450 all the power you need, lighter, all around the best
Old 06-10-2007, 08:27 PM
Rookie

trex300 Unknown Newbie
grizz 660 or Kodiak 450 ....gotta have the diff-lock
Old 06-11-2007, 10:27 PM
I got kicked and now have a
Swollen Member

kootenaycat bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by trex300 View Post
grizz 660 or Kodiak 450 ....gotta have the diff-lock
Might as well go 700, reworked a lot more then the vapour lock and armstrong steering. Glad I spent the extra grand, my arms thank me every ride out!
Old 06-17-2007, 05:28 PM
Outback adventurer

t dogg Unknown Newbie
honda ex 4oo, great tail bike race if u want rip through the mudd, cat walk past the rm 250s... yeah fun as hell bike, itll grt ur blood flowin if u want it too!