Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > All about your Ride > Quads , Sleds, bikes and Boats

Quads , Sleds, bikes and Boats Got a question or want to show off a new mod on your Quad, Snowmobile, bike or Boat? This is the place to go

Old 03-27-2007, 11:01 PM
wanna see my
Swollen Member

Cookie bad newbie
nope, john deserves pink
Old 03-28-2007, 12:11 AM
I got kicked and now have a
Swollen Member

kootenaycat bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy View Post
weak frame? nonsense.
Try telling that to the guys who landed on a rock/stump directly on the "mono" style frame. I've read about more then a few guys damaging the frame by landing on something solid, which is a normal occurence when I'm riding! If I can go over something instead of moving it, I will! If you're paying $14,000+ for a quad, why not drop another $300 on a good skidplate that protects the frame and everything else underneath?
Old 03-28-2007, 12:17 AM
wanna see my
Swollen Member

Cookie bad newbie
o ya thats a must.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:35 PM
Out-N-About

g-rod Unknown Newbie
ive worked on many quads when i was a mechanic.... we seen alot of polaris's come in....mainly all for the same thing, ie, needle and seat wear out beccuase of the engine shitty mouting, and its shakes, clutch covers wear out, and the 4 wheel drive, but all in all, i really like the polaris's there is alot around, but hondas do take a good beatin, and the reesale is way better...
Old 03-31-2007, 08:52 PM
wanna see my
Swollen Member

Cookie bad newbie
took a looksy at honda so ive come to the conclusion that its either canam or honda which ever on the day i go to purchase gives me a better deal.which will be easy to swindle when payin cash.
Old 03-31-2007, 08:52 PM
wanna see my
Swollen Member

Cookie bad newbie
oh ands thanks for all the feed back.
Old 03-31-2007, 10:51 PM

murdog88 Unknown Newbie
I Gots a Grizzly 660 with full aluminum skids and executioners, Pretty much unstoppable
Old 04-08-2007, 10:00 AM
Make your own-iEdit Title in 'User CP'

crazylike bad newbie
I would say Grizzly 660 by yamaha 110kms/hour in 2wd 90 in 4x4 and when ya hit the deep stuff never fear just push the red button that says locker
can never go wrong with a locker.... hehehehe or one them new Can-Am's but watchout as there a bit longer then other quads and you'll need to leave tailgate down on shortbox trucks... and all you need to over ride the reverse limiter is a piece of wire and a couple wire cuttin crippers.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:05 PM
Now I see what FIBC is about

kwast Unknown Newbie
I like the 660 grizz. hard to find another bike with all that it has in one package. (other than the new 700)
when u push the red button U KNOW U R TOTALY LOCKED.
No can-am visco spin-the-tire to-lock bullshit or clutch locking system like kawi that can slip or honda "limited slip" or polaris on-demand (spin the tires to get) all-wheel-drive system.

when it gets ugly i push the red button to go from limited-slip to full lock. and i know that I'm pullin' all 4 wheels, In my mind that makes riding in steep situations alot safer!!!
If u gotta gas it hard on a steep rocky slope to get that frontend to work .....thats just scary !!!!!!!
Old 05-01-2007, 09:50 AM
Out-N-About

jhunter Unknown Newbie
I gots the 700 efi yamaha grizz with front and rear diff locks and it kicks some serious ass!!!!

I would not buy another quad
plus you can't go wrong with the power steering aswell!!!!
Old 05-01-2007, 07:57 PM
Rookie

Old Smella Unknown Newbie
Ricochet skids are a must have for the Can Am, before riding.

The 700 Grizz would also be an excellent choice.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:14 PM
Fuck Jesus he does not exist

surreysinner bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwast View Post
I like the 660 grizz. hard to find another bike with all that it has in one package. (other than the new 700)
when u push the red button U KNOW U R TOTALY LOCKED.
No can-am visco spin-the-tire to-lock bullshit or clutch locking system like kawi that can slip or honda "limited slip" or polaris on-demand (spin the tires to get) all-wheel-drive system.

when it gets ugly i push the red button to go from limited-slip to full lock. and i know that I'm pullin' all 4 wheels, In my mind that makes riding in steep situations alot safer!!!
If u gotta gas it hard on a steep rocky slope to get that frontend to work .....thats just scary !!!!!!!
I got a 04 700 kawi and when i lock it up its locked. You can tell specially since you cant steer.

Its been the best quad out of all my quads and ive had a quite a few.

The grizzly 660 is suppose to be the cats ass to and have seen them in action and have not heard a bad thing about them.

I wouldnt piss on another polaris. Single lever front/back breaking....what the fuck is that and no locker. I havnt looked at them in a yr maybe they have changed but the one i had sucked shit and everyone i know that has them eventually learns to hate them.

Is can am not new to the atv game? I never heard of them making atv's till last yr. If thats the case i would stay away from them.
Old 05-03-2007, 03:55 AM
Now I see what FIBC is about

kwast Unknown Newbie
[quote=surreysinner;1124043]I got a 04 700 kawi and when i lock it up its locked. You can tell specially since you cant steer. quote]

ummm... not to argue but if yer kawi has a yellow lever (and cable) to engage your diff lock then it will have a clutch system that is considered a variable lock. if you get in to some really tacky stuff you may find it three wheel. (and maybe not) also if the clutches wear out or your cable stretches you may find that it will also three wheel.
Not as good in my mind as a push button pin-engaging type lock as I don't have to hold a lever while locked. and there is no chance of slipping.(unless It breaks ). As stated below, you can get "full" lock, but its still just a wet clutch system, and clutches can always slip.
You might find you like your system better than yamaha but these are the facts.

the rider can just grab the lever on the left hand grip, producing full front differential lock. Donít think the differential lock is limited to only fully locked or totally disengaged, the differential lock uses a hand-brake style lever located just in front of the usual hand brake. By using this lever, a varying amount of pressure can obtain a varying amount of differential lock. Letís explain, the differential lock components inside the differential lock are 21 wet clutch plates bathing in the differential oil. When the locking differential lever is pulled, a varying amount of pressure can be transferred to the wet clutch disks producing a varying amount of differential lock being produced at the wheels. Full differential lock or just a hint of lock what ever is needed is available. When the extra traction is not needed, just release the lever and the unit is back to a limited slip differential ATV CONNECTION MAGAZINE
Old 05-03-2007, 09:17 AM
Having FUN IN B.C.
Swollen Member

redline bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie View Post
took a looksy at honda so ive come to the conclusion that its either canam or honda which ever on the day i go to purchase gives me a better deal.which will be easy to swindle when payin cash.
if your paying cash, i got a buddy who works for honda warehouse .
dealer cost -5%. and like i said also brian, if ya roll it i can get parts for cost as well.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:00 PM
I got kicked and now have a
Swollen Member

kootenaycat bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by surreysinner View Post

I wouldnt piss on another polaris. Single lever front/back breaking....what the fuck is that and no locker. I havnt looked at them in a yr maybe they have changed but the one i had sucked shit and everyone i know that has them eventually learns to hate them.

Is can am not new to the atv game? I never heard of them making atv's till last yr. If thats the case i would stay away from them.
Polaris does have a locker in the front, actually a spool I guess. They use electric hubs with a one-way roller clutch to engage 4x4. The problem with that is any play in the wheel bearings and one hub will stay locked and cause a major pull to one side or the other. Also, when the wire breaks to one hub, no engagement on that side.

CanAm is the new name Bombadier gave their quad lineup, I wouldn't let that stop ya from looking at them. They have built a pretty good machine so far, just priced a little high I think.

Every quad out there has it's set backs, now if all the engineers could get together, they could the perfect quad!