Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > All about your Ride > Quads , Sleds, bikes and Boats

Quads , Sleds, bikes and Boats Got a question or want to show off a new mod on your Quad, Snowmobile, bike or Boat? This is the place to go

Old 04-09-2007, 02:09 AM
Having FUN IN B.C.

Redneck Cowgirl Unknown Newbie
sweet bike, go on yaa man
Old 04-22-2007, 10:32 PM
Outback adventurer

steeper Unknown Newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Stepside View Post
Yeah i wanted a KTM sooo bad, but the KTM 450SX was $2000 higher, so i took the 2G and upgraded my bike instead, I shall now kill any KTM that comes across my path muagh hahaahahaha
I dunno, the KTMs all came with the trick shit you would have spent your 2k on from the factory, you often end up paying the same or more for the same caliber bike and you still have a honda

ah shit honda still makes a pretty killer bike, I just have an unhealthy attraction to those damn orange bikes!

Old 04-23-2007, 12:29 AM
Outback adventurer

slowdodge Unknown Newbie
crf has a better package than a sx but both bikes haul. dunno how much a rebuild is for a ktm but a crf is about a grand or so with you doing the assembly.btw anyone thinking of buying a 450x just ride a 450r and add 30 pounds and 10 less horsepower and 600 bucks
Old 04-30-2007, 01:00 PM
Rookie

Chev_Pride Unknown Newbie
Not a chance KTM's have way more aftermarket shit on them from the get go, you can't even compare a CRF to SX-F.
Old 06-29-2008, 02:26 PM
Team no standards

rmiller026 Good newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Stepside View Post
I just took delivery of my new 07' CRF450R this thing fucking rips. If your looking at getting a 2-stroke for a bike.....dont because the big fours have more balls than even the new twos. I just went for a ride with my buddy who has an 06 CR250F two and i owned him on every trail. Check out my new baby.

thay have twice the engine capacity whut do u expect i got a buddy who has a stock 08 kx 250 that does circles around 4 stroke sluggs at the track a 4 stroke is good for straight but it has no top end
Old 06-29-2008, 02:27 PM
Team no standards

rmiller026 Good newbie
o yea but sick fucking bike man
Old 07-08-2008, 10:07 PM
Out-N-About

Cwheeler bad newbie
sick machine, i want one haha
Old 07-23-2008, 12:04 AM
Out-N-About

Tha_Stepside Unknown Newbie
Ok now heres the update, put over 300 hours on it and the only thing ive had to do was change the oils (engine+tranny every 10 riding hours, fork and shock oil three times), the chain, and a shitload of rear tires. Every three oil changes ive checked the valve clearances and every time they are PERFECT!! Ride the track all the time with my friend who has a 250F, although the 250 is fast on the track, mine is much faster, not as easy to throw around the corners, but MUCH faster. On the hill climbs, look out you are hard to find a stronger bike than a 450. Compared to a CR500 or KX500, they are just as fast, trust me i ride with guys who own both and they are neck and neck and their bikes scare the living shit out of them. As for the rims, $1000 will buy you these rims, the rotors are $120 a piece. The plastic is now black all around and the exhaust is now an MRD Racing SS. Everyone i work with rides a dirtbike and the Hondas are BY FAR the most reliable, next is the KTM but the cost of parts is absoluteley rediculous and the wait for them is even worse, and althought eh KTM may have a better initial package, you pay with the extra expense of a fucking $25 oil filter versus my hondas $6 one, and trust me you want to change them as often as you can. The Hondas weak spot is the rims and hubs, both break very easily and I just forked out the coin and bought the new rims and hubs soon after i bought the bike. Everybody says that their bikes are better, but it really is the rider that makes the big difference no the bike, you may like KTM for the better package, but if you cant ride it worth shit, the Honda may lap your ass and leave you in the dust. As for maintenance, the 4-strokes are very reliable if you take proper care of them and make the necessary adjustments, I have yet to make any yet and I priced out a head-job = $250 total if I so do need on ein the future which is highly unlikely.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:31 AM
Back at it

Josh_M Good newbie
Lets see new pics of it. Fuckin 4 strokes are loud as shit with aftermarket exhaust, one was at triangle the other week.... made me cringe and ive got an opened up 250 stroke (fmf, gutted silencer).

That thing hangs with kx 500s?.... Maybe there bikes are running shitty, shitty riders, or there 250s and there tricking you, theres no way that thing would hang with a kx or cr500

Things a beaut... good to see its runnin good
Old 07-23-2008, 11:19 AM
My carbon print is the size of a crater
Swollen Member

dirka dave bad newbie
Nice bike, I have a 1970 honda trail 70, I think you might be a bit faster...
Old 07-23-2008, 11:33 AM
Albatross
Swollen Member

barracuda bad newbie
we have a 74 ct 70 wjich is the Balls

2strokes are for boat motors chainsaws and weed wackers!
Old 08-20-2008, 05:43 PM
Outback adventurer

davey73 Unknown Newbie
sweet ride,i have 07 crf250r,this bitch moves,if your ever up in lytton check us out