Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > Adventure B.C. > General outdoor Discussion

General outdoor Discussion For any outdoor adventure. Trail talk, camping, skiing, hiking, etc If itís outside and fun talk about it here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old 03-16-2007, 12:10 PM
KINGCRUISER's Avatar
KINGCRUISER KINGCRUISER is offline
Hard as Fawk
Swollen Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Kelowna, BC, Canada.
Posts: 1,578
KINGCRUISER bad newbie
Reputation: 3
So would Postil and Stave mud flats be considered wetlands or what. I can't imagine what you'd have to be doing to get the maximun fine of 100000, plus jail time.
__________________
1976 Toyota FJ45, 383 stroker, th350, np203 Doubler, Lincoln Locked, SOA, 1 foot of lift, Disk Brakes, 38.5x15 Boggers, huge box and a Warn winch in Ira's garage
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 03-16-2007, 12:44 PM
bcwheeler bcwheeler is offline
Having FUN IN B.C.
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Langley/Port Kells
Posts: 896
bcwheeler Unknown Newbie
Reputation: 10
Just my two cents...

If you guys are worried about it maybe you are wheeling in the wrong spots... think of it for two seconds from thier point of view ( Not that I really give a Fuck) but out of principle , being that it is "Beautiful British Columbia" maybe we should think of what we are doing to the environment..

I am not condoning the statement made by the officials here , I am simply saying they have a very valid point.. If you were to give a fuck..
Lets say you go out and buy a nice 100 acres of land with a nice bog and marsh , your kids find that there is some really cool wildlife there such as oh say deer moose bear what ever .. You go on vacation from the proerty for a while , come back to find a bunch of leftover car and truck parts , oil banks all over the place from damaged vehicles, no wildlife and no more bog or marsh , Im sure your kids would be very choked as would I ..

So that being said isnt the government jsut trying to do what you would do to your own land???

And trust me for those of you that are going to throw the , blah blah blah tree hugger comments at me for this , you can bite my chode , I think it makes sense... If it was my land I would go out and kick you int he head for destroying it...
I know that it is more the few out there with no respect for the trails and or the environment , but all of us as a whole leave afoot print in teh world, and well soem places should not be tread on .. agree or not.. I dont really care.. This is why I think that designated areas for wheeling are a great idea... I know of one in particular in Texasand one in Florida as well as georgia that the owners of the land started for him and his friends , they actually dug up and rebuilt 95 % of the trails and laid down a wheeping system for any oil leaks or such things,You would be suprised to the amount of opils and crap that they have contained simply by tire wear and rain... and anyone caught leaving or torching vehicles or just being well dickheads are punished to the fullest extent of the law,, and Im sure you have heard about good ol southern redneck justice.....

So just some thing maybe for people to think about.. They actually have a valid point .. Non the less there areplenty of worse thigns out there going onthat they should be worring about.. as you have all pointed out..

So what ever liek it or not , Its just my two cents, well maybe around 47 cents but which ever....
__________________
Ive been told I have a way about me!!!
15 yrs Professional Custom Tattooing PM for details (on good days I get'm straight)
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 03-16-2007, 12:46 PM
Momma Taz's Avatar
Momma Taz Momma Taz is offline
has motherly love for all
Swollen Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,048
Momma Taz Good newbie
Reputation: 11
maybe we should start writing to the papers and bring up the fact that the goverment is wasting money yet again, tell them to put the money into social housing and open some hospital beds for those who really the help.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 03-20-2007, 09:49 AM
cowboy-truck cowboy-truck is offline
Now I see what FIBC is about
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Vernon, b.c., Canada.
Posts: 135
cowboy-truck bad newbie
Reputation: 0
The post from the ministry as I received it---
For Immediate Release
March 15, 2007
Ministry of Forests and Range

VICTORIA – Forests and Range Minister Rich Coleman today introduced
the
Forests and Range Statutes Amendment Act, 2007, which will deliver on
throne speech commitments to strengthen forest stewardship and reduce
the risk of forest fires, as well as helping to build government’s New
Relationship with First Nations.

“We are strengthening government’s ability to deal with people who
damage our forest or range resources,” said Coleman. “This should serve
as notice that we will not tolerate the actions of those who wilfully
run machines through sensitive areas.”

Under new provisions of the Forest and Range Practices Act, people
causing damage that adversely affects an ecosystem, such as driving
four-wheel drive vehicles in wetlands, or riding ATVs irresponsibly in
alpine terrain or range lands, will face penalties of up to $100,000.
Cases prosecuted in the criminal courts carry maximum fines of
$100,000,
up to one year in jail, or both.

Bill 18 also contains provisions to other statutes, including the
Forest
Act, Wildfire Act, Range Act and Forestry Revitalization Act to:

- enable local governments to reduce the threat of interface wildfires
to their communities through changes to the Forestry Licence to Cut;
- streamline government’s ability to increase the volume and area of a
First Nation tenure, and to protect potential Aboriginal rights and
title;
- provide woodlot operators with greater operational flexibility to
improve their economic stability; and
- make changes to provisions governing cutting permits to facilitate
the
prompt harvesting of mountain pine beetle-attacked timber.

-30-

Media contact:
Jennifer McLarty
Public Affairs Officer
250 387-4592


For more information on government services or to subscribe to the
Province’s news feeds using RSS, visit the Province’s website at
http://www.gov.bc.ca.

To unsubscribe from these announcements, login to the forum and uncheck
"Receive forum announcements and important notifications by email." in
your profile.

You can view the full announcement by following this link:

http://bcsf.org/forums/index.php?topic=90.0
__________________
GIT-UR-DUN What to build next
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 03-20-2007, 11:12 AM
dickrick's Avatar
dickrick dickrick is offline
I'm Baaaack
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Surrey, bc, Canada.
Posts: 1,765
dickrick bad newbie
Reputation: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcwheeler View Post
Just my two cents...

If you guys are worried about it maybe you are wheeling in the wrong spots... think of it for two seconds from thier point of view ( Not that I really give a Fuck) but out of principle , being that it is "Beautiful British Columbia" maybe we should think of what we are doing to the environment..

I am not condoning the statement made by the officials here , I am simply saying they have a very valid point.. If you were to give a fuck..
Lets say you go out and buy a nice 100 acres of land with a nice bog and marsh , your kids find that there is some really cool wildlife there such as oh say deer moose bear what ever .. You go on vacation from the proerty for a while , come back to find a bunch of leftover car and truck parts , oil banks all over the place from damaged vehicles, no wildlife and no more bog or marsh , Im sure your kids would be very choked as would I ..

So that being said isnt the government jsut trying to do what you would do to your own land???

And trust me for those of you that are going to throw the , blah blah blah tree hugger comments at me for this , you can bite my chode , I think it makes sense... If it was my land I would go out and kick you int he head for destroying it...
I know that it is more the few out there with no respect for the trails and or the environment , but all of us as a whole leave afoot print in teh world, and well soem places should not be tread on .. agree or not.. I dont really care.. This is why I think that designated areas for wheeling are a great idea... I know of one in particular in Texasand one in Florida as well as georgia that the owners of the land started for him and his friends , they actually dug up and rebuilt 95 % of the trails and laid down a wheeping system for any oil leaks or such things,You would be suprised to the amount of opils and crap that they have contained simply by tire wear and rain... and anyone caught leaving or torching vehicles or just being well dickheads are punished to the fullest extent of the law,, and Im sure you have heard about good ol southern redneck justice.....

So just some thing maybe for people to think about.. They actually have a valid point .. Non the less there areplenty of worse thigns out there going onthat they should be worring about.. as you have all pointed out..

So what ever liek it or not , Its just my two cents, well maybe around 47 cents but which ever....
__________________
Women will never be equal to men
until they can walk down the street with a bald head
and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 03-21-2007, 06:38 PM
lincoln locked's Avatar
lincoln locked lincoln locked is offline
thay call me drunkin Ira Haze
Swollen Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: kelowna, b.c., Canada.
Posts: 2,539
lincoln locked bad newbie
Reputation: 2
well i sure wish they would catch some of the people out there that really deserve it
__________________
the wifes truck 93 4-runner 3"body lift 4" suspension 5;29 s arb in the rear 9.5 warn winch 35" mtr's . Wonderland bites my tires.I wheel a 74 cruiser dana 60 posi front 350,sm465np205 14 bolt 410 s
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 03-21-2007, 06:48 PM
nykoma's Avatar
nykoma nykoma is offline
working the rails and lovin' it
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Nakusp
Posts: 3,019
nykoma bad newbie
Reputation: 0
well they have pay for that G.D. F'ing games some how. its already way over budget . my god i can see grand kids paying for that crap.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 03-21-2007, 07:16 PM
highwaystar highwaystar is offline
Im Using teh internet!!!!11
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: penticton, Svobodniki, Canada.
Posts: 1,262
highwaystar bad newbie
Reputation: 0
lets see....the place people carelessly 4x4 are areas closer to town, like say...postil.

in 10 years itll all be houses anyways probably.

like was said, my tax dollars at work
__________________
_______________________________________________
ww.freewebs.com/bcmines <><
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 03-21-2007, 11:04 PM
Bounty Hunter Bounty Hunter is offline
Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kelowna, B.C.
Posts: 39
Bounty Hunter Unknown Newbie
Reputation: 10
OK, so if some "gentleman" desides to go up a trail and cut trees down so they block the road, will they do anything about that. That's damaging the outdoors. This area isn't under ANY protection either. I chewed up the road pretty bad pulling some of the larger trees off so others could use this trail. Wounder if they'd do anything about that?
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 03-22-2007, 12:09 AM
atoyot's Avatar
atoyot atoyot is offline
mushroom capped
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: on the fine line of sanity
Posts: 5,807
atoyot Good newbie
Reputation: 12
one thing i did notice is it seems they are only protecting the land from the public (atvs/4x4s) but not the loggers who also seem to make a bad impact, as stated here:
" to provide woodlot operators with greater operational flexibility to
improve their economic stability"

I know we need lumber but we have all seen the junk and piles and distruction left by clear cutting, I just hope that if i go wheelin where they clear cut weither its because of the pine beetle or not they better not consider my tracks a fineable offence against a clear cut lot hahaha
Just my 2 cents
__________________
TEAM: TOYOTA PUNK yota broken.. ....all about SVT fords...for now
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 03-22-2007, 10:34 AM
cowboy-truck cowboy-truck is offline
Now I see what FIBC is about
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Vernon, b.c., Canada.
Posts: 135
cowboy-truck bad newbie
Reputation: 0
This whole thing is a direct result of what happened up the Myra area in Kelowna, when the forestry burnt down the cabin and tore up the road in to it.
"We have to get a handle on the big jeeps with the big tires going up and chewing up the swamps." Was the quote from forestry last fall at a meeting I was at.
Other areas that were mentioned were the Greystokes and Idabel regions, as for postil it is on private property.
If there is any loggers on here them and I will tell you that if a machine makes a rut, scapes some moss or or goes outside a line it carries heavy fines and penaltys.
Just my thoughts on the matter, but I would be watching where I go this summer.
__________________
GIT-UR-DUN What to build next
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 03-22-2007, 02:25 PM
natrlyst natrlyst is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 15
natrlyst Unknown Newbie
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy-truck View Post
This whole thing is a direct result of what happened up the Myra area in Kelowna, when the forestry burnt down the cabin and tore up the road in to it.
"We have to get a handle on the big jeeps with the big tires going up and chewing up the swamps." Was the quote from forestry last fall at a meeting I was at.
Other areas that were mentioned were the Greystokes and Idabel regions, as for postil it is on private property.
If there is any loggers on here them and I will tell you that if a machine makes a rut, scapes some moss or or goes outside a line it carries heavy fines and penaltys.
Just my thoughts on the matter, but I would be watching where I go this summer.
This is very true, all logging companies, as all industry for that matter, are responsible for their actions as governed by environmental legislation. Logging looks uglier than fuck when you see it after a cut, but do you see what happens after they reclaim the site? I bet you don't because you don't see a mess, it is like a forest again in twenty years or what have you. The point is is that ppl only complain about what they see, not what they don't see. The off-road community should be as responsible for thier actions as industry is. Throwing shit into the wind and pointing the finger in other directions will not solve the problem, working with government to keep trails open and attempting to formulate a sustainable solution is the answer. Instead of spewing a list of tree hugger, bark biter, sap sucker names at me, ask how I can help.

For those that do tread lightly, you will notice they do not get angry at these situations, those that do, in my opinion do not know much better.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 03-23-2007, 02:40 PM
Gator Gator is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 17
Gator Unknown Newbie
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazjalopy View Post
maybe we should start writing to the papers and bring up the fact that the goverment is wasting money yet again, tell them to put the money into social housing and open some hospital beds for those who really the help.
Trust me, I'm as far from being a tree hugger as one can be but the reality is if we don't start to police ourselves we WILL lose access to desirable areas. The four wheel drive community has a perception problem, like it or not that is the truth. Joe and Martha Public see a lifted vehicle covered in mud and they immediately assume the worst. The best thing to do to protect land access is to do what we are currently striving to do in Alberta. Organize clubs that police themselves and members, STAY OUT of areas you are not allowed to be in, subscribe to a "tread lightly" philosophy if you want to have future access to ANY wheeling that isn't on private land and (through clubs) maintain open lines of communication with government sanctioning bodies (Sustainable Resource Development here in AB). AB off-roaders are a head of the curve on these issues and we are STILL losing access to a great deal of areas. And no, I'm not a BC basher, originally from BC and moving back in one week. If anyone is interested PM me and I can share more detailed information on what we are doing out here to retain land access. I would hate to see this great sport ruined for future generations to enjoy.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 03-31-2007, 11:38 PM
FordRacing909 FordRacing909 is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 21
FordRacing909 Unknown Newbie
Reputation: 10
im split on how i feel about the situation, but in reality if the government really wants to stop wheeling, and potential damage to the ecosystem, they should build offroad parks or disignate specific areas such as postil and stave, they have places like that all over the states and as far as i know anyways our men in charge are way behind on this issue, they are more interested in lining their pockets then anything else, which is the problem with most things about our government, and as for damage, in my experience which i admit is nothing compared to alot of you, logging causes more damage, skidder trails are rough, ive followed a few here and there and the mess is just unbelievable, i can see that shit damaging but in all honesty how many 4 bys are causing damage comparible to that?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 04-04-2007, 08:35 PM
mountain man mountain man is offline
Prospect
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 213
mountain man Unknown Newbie
Reputation: 10
a marsh is sacred until a highway needs to go through there
__________________
CJ8 SCRAMBLER ONE TON
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Style Design By: Resourcelabz.se