Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > Adventure B.C. > General outdoor Discussion

General outdoor Discussion For any outdoor adventure. Trail talk, camping, skiing, hiking, etc If it’s outside and fun talk about it here.

Old 02-27-2007, 05:55 PM
pisses on his

ez_b bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeDee View Post
no no Kev....just people with 33's and stock trucks....

and kin - the breaky there is wicked
my friends family owns that place. great
Old 02-27-2007, 08:31 PM
doesn't play well with others
Swollen Member

m j bad newbie
the gates at the end are up because of a property dispute
the whole place is going to be clear cut and developed so there is no environmental reason to avoid it.

I havent wheeled up there but when I go up for a burger the dirt bike crowd is always doing something stoopid on the paved road. fuck em
Old 02-27-2007, 08:53 PM
Manlier than a pirate

MetalMan bad newbie
This is so pointless, so long as nobody is burning cars or leaving garbage, quit pissing and moaning. Everybody is doing something stupid in somebodies eyes, I wheel and dirtbike, why the hell should one stay out of an area because the other doesn't like it?
Old 02-27-2007, 08:56 PM
Out-N-About

GOT MUD Unknown Newbie
it's pretty sad to see that the guy that starts the thread does'nt even join in on the conversation to back himself up. oh ya you can't
Old 02-27-2007, 08:58 PM
Out-N-About

GOT MUD Unknown Newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMan View Post
This is so pointless, so long as nobody is burning cars or leaving garbage, quit pissing and moaning. Everybody is doing something stupid in somebodies eyes, I wheel and dirtbike, why the hell should one stay out of an area because the other doesn't like it?
it ain't gonna happen cause somebodies always got something to say about what everybody else is doin
Old 02-27-2007, 10:19 PM
You wish your girl was this dirty
Swollen Member

Mudgirl bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinslayer View Post
I'll be able to put anything I want in this one..and DO anything I want:

Attachment 45353

dats a fancy cup holder
where'd ya get that

I am a dirty, dirty girl
Old 02-27-2007, 10:38 PM
Normal people make good pets
Swollen Member

Candiass bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudgirl View Post
guess you haven't seen my scookum cup holder eh? <- gotta be pretty early in the morn to catch a tim ho's cup in it tho

it is definatley custom
Old 02-27-2007, 10:39 PM
Not all who wander are lost.

Kinslayer Unknown Newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudgirl View Post
dats a fancy cup holder
where'd ya get that

I got it at a marine store - gyroscopic action. with a beer bottle in it it doubles as a roll-over gauge, hehe.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:50 PM
Out-N-About

Lucas bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honky View Post
Maybe it’s not what you are trying to say but the way you worded it you are pointing a finger at everyone here.

I personally have witnessed Quad and bike guys leaving trash and of the two the bike guys are the worse. Just recently I was picking up trash after some quad guys left the beach……but by far the worse are hikers.

From what I see or maybe it’s the people I hang out with but I always see the truck guys picking up after other people and leave the place the same or cleaner.

And to imply that one group should be allowed into an area ???? Hell if I can get in..I will….haven’t been there in years but now I wanna go check it out

Sounds like the place to the next event.
its not everyone on this site its 4x4ers dirtbike guys in general.I have seen topics on this site regarding 256th and how to get in and so forth.the problem isnt that your going in there th wheel,iam all for it but its the morons that make a visable hiway in there that attracts attention.256th streent isnt boring chunks there are trails that go all the way to mcnutt and farther.I would just like to point out to the general morons out there to be more discreet and respectful(this may or maynot apply to you) and yes it is illegal to ride in the gravel pits belonging to the operating engineers,but the townshipignores/turns a blind eye to the bikes as long as they arent riding on the road or in the pit.I ahve posted the same shit on my dirtbike forums as well.It just seams the ones who ride on the road/pit cant ride the trails and theyre ruining it for everyone.
I have peronally seen several trucks wheelin in,what made me write this is when i was speaking to to the president of the dirtbike club about the town meeting and what the club is tryin to do to keep the area open i watched two trucks drive over the barracades to acsess the end of 256th,i wasnt impressed

Is anyone here is fighting in anyway to keep acsess to 256th open?

I didnt think so

I know there are the select few who support the 4x4 hobby and i generaly know who you are,for the rest of you pound sand
Old 02-27-2007, 11:29 PM
Eat 'till it hurts...
Swollen Member

Squishy bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by ez_b View Post
i'm pretty sure now that somewhat bought the property they are wanting people off of it. so i think thats why they are blocking all access off too it now.
Old 02-28-2007, 12:09 AM
Was there life before Diesel ?

u-can-2 bad newbie
I know exactly why it's closed and I also know why people wanna get in there so bad....But I don't have 2 years to type it all

Fact of the matter is, welcome to the internet.....Where you're only right when your post is above someone elses

McNut(256th) is/was great wheelin/biking, but due to many uncontrolled situations we aren't supposed to use it....At all. That being said, you can still get into McNut (not through 256th) at certain times of the year in a "legal" way

Free the Three
Old 02-28-2007, 12:13 AM
You can't do that on television eh barf
Swollen Member

Hello Kitty bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by u-can-2 View Post
I know exactly why it's closed and I also know why people wanna get in there so bad....But I don't have 2 years to type it all

Fact of the matter is, welcome to the internet.....Where you're only right when your post is above someone elses

McNut(256th) is/was great wheelin/biking, but due to many uncontrolled situations we aren't supposed to use it....At all. That being said, you can still get into McNut (not through 256th) at certain times of the year in a "legal" way
i felt compeld to post up cause i usually dump my used light bulbs and grop dohers dirt up there along with unicorn remains and garbage.

I try to be stealth but I also include the crusts off of my dumpsters bread.

my gay friends frequent the area for 3x3 reach arounds with frenchtoast also.

Old 02-28-2007, 12:15 AM
Was there life before Diesel ?

u-can-2 bad newbie
Fix the rusty wheels on yern shopping cart and you will be even more stealth

Sqeeeeeeeeeee........clunk....clunk....sqquuueeeee eee

Wonder who that is

Free the Three
Old 02-28-2007, 12:18 AM
doesn't play well with others
Swollen Member

m j bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
I have peronally seen several trucks wheelin in,what made me write this is when i was speaking to to the president of the dirtbike club about the town meeting and what the club is tryin to do to keep the area open i watched two trucks drive over the barracades to acsess the end of 256th,i wasnt impressed
sounds like it is open if you can just drive over the garbage dumper blockers.
when I was up there last there was an actual road being put in less then a block from where the 33 sporters were trespassing
Old 02-28-2007, 01:25 AM
Out-N-About

Lucas bad newbie
I know exactly who it was and could name them but prefer not,you need a very capable rig to get over the baracade at 256 but the "hiway" midway on 256 could be driven in with a stock truck but dont understand because once in if you dont have built truck your not going to far.

This post is now going to shit ,this was more meant as a statment to be more discreat,mostly to the people who dont frequent this site often and for those who know iam talking about them.
If "we" as fellow outdoor enthusiast's dont change the way our hobbys appear to ruin the outdoor's we will have to drive 2hrs to enjoy it.
or the people with $$$ will have all the power and all the adjasent outdoor recreation areas will be for horse use only..............fuckin horsey people......................another topic

PS off topic but could everyone here who enjoys motorsports or motorsport history please visit WWW.LANGLEYSPEEDWAY.COM and sign the petition so the "horsey people " at cambell valley dont take over that as well

thx