Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > All about your Ride > suzuki Talk

Old 02-18-2007, 01:57 PM
Prospect

jesslee Unknown Newbie
brake issues

when i push my brakes it makes a sound like a baseball card in bicycle spokes. . any knowledge on this at all? i havent a clue. ive yet to rip em open to take a peek see if its all messed inside.
Old 02-18-2007, 06:47 PM
Having FUN IN B.C.

ray Good newbie
could be brake line flapping on somthing or mabey accull shoe came of and is flapping on rims

your not 4X4ING if your not brakin stuff
Old 02-18-2007, 08:43 PM
Not a Newbie

Dieseljeep bad newbie
Have you ground right through a rotor.I seen this once but very rare Im sure The pad was hitting the intoernal cooling fins on the front rotor .Could be a broken spring/nail(hold down) in the rear causing a shoe chatter.

Best bet is jack up and pull all four.Clean and inspect/adjust and or repair as needed.
Old 02-18-2007, 09:55 PM
Mad Builder
Swollen Member

FU Toolbag bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseljeep View Post
Have you ground right through a rotor.I seen this once but very rare Im sure The pad was hitting the intoernal cooling fins on the front rotor.
I seen that as well. Actually took the rotor off of the hub. At least it was quiet then.
Old 02-18-2007, 10:10 PM
Not a Newbie

westcoaster bad newbie
Looking at the samurai brake rotors, there are no cooling fins. It's a simple metal disk.
Old 02-18-2007, 10:13 PM
Rookie

Dirty Sanchez Unknown Newbie
yep, non vented rotors, could be a crack in the rotor though. I wouln't fuck around, take it apart and inspect
Old 02-23-2007, 10:43 AM
Prospect

jesslee Unknown Newbie
cool thanks guys ill rip it open this weekend
Old 02-24-2007, 04:06 PM
Prospect

jesslee Unknown Newbie
took it all apart and inspected.. put in some new pads and was good to go!, easy fix
Old 04-18-2011, 06:10 PM
Banned

brandonmillsap Good newbie
Hey there. I didn't intend to revive this thread but i just have some questions to ask and i hop you dont mind it. Here's my story:I have a 2008 LS460 with only 20K miles (bought it new) and have had brake issues from the very beginning. First there was a squeak and rough braking with pulsating brakes. Took it in to the dealer (Lexus of Austin) and they bled the system several times. That did not cure the problem. So, they replaced the actuator. The pulsation and rough braking were very obvious when I lightly pressed the brakes. I finally, took it in again and complained for the third or fourth time. This time they found the rotors were warped. The brakes are much smoother now. But the dealership claims the rotors are a wear item and not under warranty. Additionally, that this model has this issue with brakes and any future work would be a charge item. has any one heard about such a problem with the LS460 brakes? and, how can they claim it is not a warranty item ( talking about technical service bulletins here)? Is there someone/somewhere I can raise visibility of this issue (so I don't have to pay for Lexus' quality problems)? I own/have owned 3 Lexus (SC400, RX300, LS460) and convinced several friends to buy them too. But this is very disappointing.
Old 04-18-2011, 07:03 PM
runnin into walls with a
Swollen Member

Punk in Drublic bad newbie
hmm, how many people here wheel a lexus. id sat it needs boggers.