Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > Adventure B.C. > General outdoor Discussion

General outdoor Discussion For any outdoor adventure. Trail talk, camping, skiing, hiking, etc If itís outside and fun talk about it here.

Old 02-08-2007, 03:16 PM
kill cancer
Swollen Member

bakelite bad newbie
Abbotsford???? ..............
Old 02-08-2007, 04:10 PM
cornbinder on coils
Swollen Member

epic3 bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakelite View Post
WTF??? I live here man... ....twice
hey I've lived there to
Old 02-08-2007, 04:31 PM
This is a title under my name
Swollen Member

Pudge bad newbie
Quote:
Abbotsford???? ..............

hey now, what R U sayin'??????

98 Jeep Cherocar
Old 02-09-2007, 06:47 PM
Now I see what FIBC is about

ryanmacneil8448 Unknown Newbie
i just moved from there 2 years ago lived there pretty much my whole life its a shit hole theres some good wheelin in the summer pit 9 etc and tons of backroad exploring tell 100 mile i say hi
Old 02-09-2007, 07:07 PM
Prospect

Torch2815 Unknown Newbie
Ahh, grab a six pack of tall boys and go tee-pee creepin...thats what white boys do in indian towns... Or so I've heard...
Old 02-09-2007, 07:33 PM
Manlier than a pirate

MetalMan bad newbie
Quote:
WTF??? I live here man... ....twice
What's your point? I'm still right.

I don't mind 100 Mile. Great for going up and camping and such. I'd hate to live there though. Whatever work there is sure doesn't pay much, and I'm sure you'd have to deal with a lot of junkies and small town politics. Moving north in general isn't really worth it unless you're heading to the rigs or becoming a hermit.
Old 02-09-2007, 08:48 PM
Long where it counts
Swollen Member

longhorn bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMan View Post

I don't mind 100 Mile. Great for going up and camping and such. I'd hate to live there though. Whatever work there is sure doesn't pay much, and I'm sure you'd have to deal with a lot of junkies and small town politics. Moving north in general isn't really worth it unless you're heading to the rigs or becoming a hermit.
I guess you think all those $8-$12 hr jobs at the coast are big money?
You dont know shit , Im not a hermit and I dont work on the rigs , but Ill gladly compare my tax return with yours!
And Im a old fuck so there ya go......................
Old 02-09-2007, 09:32 PM
Manlier than a pirate

MetalMan bad newbie
No clue what the fuck you're talking about. That definetely looked like the ramblings of an old man, though....

I make a lot more than that working for my old man. And when I do side jobs, I make anywhere from $30-50 an hour. And did I mention, this is steady? Yeah, that's common in 100 Mile. Any affordable area has shit all for work, sure you can pick up a decent house in 100 Mile for 150K, but how do you make the mortgage payments?
Old 02-09-2007, 10:06 PM
Long where it counts
Swollen Member

longhorn bad newbie
Quote:
No clue what the fuck you're talking about. That definetely looked like the ramblings of an old man, though....

I make a lot more than that working for my old man. And when I do side jobs, I make anywhere from $30-50 an hour. And did I mention, this is steady? Yeah, that's common in 100 Mile. Any affordable area has shit all for work, sure you can pick up a decent house in 100 Mile for 150K, but how do you make the mortgage payments?
LOLOLOLOL
How about a job then?
Old 02-09-2007, 10:11 PM
Out-N-About

waggie Unknown Newbie
theres some nice areas and roads on the east side of 108 you can go through the gate into 108 ranch (ask the neighbors, theyll know where the entrance is.

or you can go to lac la hache and go north east off the hwy, there is a pretty major logging road on the right, I think it is just before but may be just after the little store. (forbes 1400 is the logging road I think) - lots of smaller roads, most of which you can run a loop on. If you have a back roads mapbook, it is pretty accurate. (watch out for deep icy muddy puddles, and there is one road that you can follow under the powerlines that just dissapears into a lake, hard to see in the snow and ice) you can also run the pipeline (gas) it runs for a long distance.

have fun
Old 02-09-2007, 11:37 PM
Manlier than a pirate

MetalMan bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
LOLOLOLOL
How about a job then?
Labourers for the developer we contract to start at $10/hr to do little more than pick up garbage. It's more the closer you get to Vancouver. Why don't you come on down, they're in bad need of more garbage pickers, hard for them to find people to work for that wage these days because they're all off making more elsewhere.
Old 02-09-2007, 11:46 PM
Prospect

Torch2815 Unknown Newbie
I don't know, but all my family up in 100 mile are way better off than anyone n my family down here... and there makin the same or more than I am in the lower mainland and I'm a bloody tradesman!!! but I think the diffrence is up there ya actually have to be willing to work. I leavin this dump (lowermainland) for anywhere past hope asap!!! then I can have fun in bc everyday!!
Old 02-10-2007, 06:57 AM
kill cancer
Swollen Member

bakelite bad newbie
Quote:

No, you are not right. I've lived here for 30 years this summer. There are two major mills right in the Village of 100 Mile, another at Chasm, I make a good wage and always have here. There are lots of jobs in this area. I'm sure there are junkies if you go look for them like anywhere else but I don't know what you mean about small town politics, shit like the town getting together and putting up an ice rink for the kids, that kind of politics? If you think this is North you best get a map. This area has been good to me and I love it here. So, why would you hate to live here? I don't understand what you guys are talking about. I moved here to get away from the city and all that bullshit, you know what I'm talking about. I can afford to live well up here. I own my own home and property.
It don't really matter where you live, it's what you make of it. I chose to live here. You choose not to, if you have any real reasons to insult where I live, something that makes sense, fine.

Actually, wait a minute....you are right, it sucks up here, it snows all year round, everyone is a crackhead thief, no work at all, don't even have roads or anything, it's awful....stay away....[9]
Old 02-10-2007, 10:59 AM
Manlier than a pirate

MetalMan bad newbie
You completely missed my point. In fact, the first thing I said was that I love the land itself. I would love to move there, I was even trying to buy a house in 100 Mile for a while, but there's no damn work! I gave up because I realized it would only be good for a vacation house. I'm a tradesman, with my own trade, it would be pretty stupid to toss the skills I've been working on since I was a little kid and take a big pay cut to go work in a mill. A mill won't pay me much, because I've never worked in one. Also, I've been up there enough times to see the situation for myself. There aren't that many permanent jobs, and there are a lot of welfare junkies, maybe you just don't know anyf them. My cousin introduced me to a few, as pleasant as that was. I have nothing against 100 Mile House, but it's pretty hard to just move up there and make a living.
Old 02-10-2007, 03:39 PM
kill cancer
Swollen Member

bakelite bad newbie
Okay, I seen what you posted, I actually read posts and think about them before responding. You are insulting where I live, I see no need for that. You are reading what you want and basing your opinion on where I live on visits and obviously rumours. I am a tradesman too, in 30 years I have been out of work twice, once for 1 day and once for 4 months.

As for welfare junkies, no I don't know any of them, I know there are some here like any other town but I choose to not hang around with them, hope that's alright. The town is not inundated with junkies or welfare bums but there is some, again, like any other place, nothing strange about that, there are plenty worse places I'm sure.

I'm proud of where I live and my decision to move here. Why bring up shit that you could bring up about any town? What kind of obscure trade do you work at that there is no work? They are crying for tradesmen here. And as far as house pricing, do some research, you don't get much for 150K anymore.

Yeah you love the place, I quote you...."I love the land itself, but fuck is that place loserville. Everybody sits around on welfare drinking, smoking weed, and making babies. "

Thanks, I'm done.