Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > Adventure B.C. > General outdoor Discussion

General outdoor Discussion For any outdoor adventure. Trail talk, camping, skiing, hiking, etc If itís outside and fun talk about it here.

Old 01-10-2007, 08:32 PM
Sofa king wee todd did
Swollen Member

EIEIO bad newbie
Davis Lake and Lost Creek FSR

Hey all,

Update on Davis Lake and surounding area. I was at the meeting yesterday that was organized by Cpl Joey Starr (joey.starr@rcmp-grc.gc.ca).

Joey (Conky on bc4x4.com) is the first RCMP member that is dedicated to the areas between Sylvester Rd and Lake Errock, which would include Davis Lake and Lost Creek FSR. After doing a large cleanup about 6 weeks ago with quads.ca the decision was made to close down Davis Lake until a plan can be in place. The meeting was held at Mission RCMP headquarters @ 2:00pm on January 9/07. Attendees included 4 local residents (2 living at the entrance of the FSR and 2 from the cabins @ about 10k down at Stave), 2 4x4 enthusiasts (BumpAndSpin from bc4x4 and myself, Travis), RCMP, BC Parks official, Conservation Officer, SAR rep (Roy from bc4x4), and a Ministry of Forest official.

A lot of information about the general area and history of the area was discussed, such as a planned gravel pit from 7k to 10k on the opposite side of Davis Lake (Not much information was given about this), Salsbury Lake and Kenyon Lake will be pay camp sites from BC Parks, and a power station will be made at I believe Salsbury and the lake is to be raised 7 feet (covering the current road). Power lines for the plant will be small in air lines running to Stave Lake.

Ideas for Davis Lake were discussed like having a guard at the entrance to Lost Creek FSR (Like Stave Lake entrance), opening the site for only weekends, closing it off at night after a certain time, making it a pay site, and a few others. We all came to the general conclusion that the site needs to stay open for anyone at anytime but we would need a volunteer to go down and report anything to either the conservation officers or RCMP. I have volunteered myself to be that person, but has yet to be finalized. I have the contact information for the BC Parks official and will be talking with him soon. The volunteer would meet with the official once a month or every couple of months and voice his / her concern with the area and what changes need to be made. The main trail into Davis would be fixed and access would be yearly all times of the day. We decided this because people will always try and get in, its better to have this than have trees getting hacked down all over the place. Appropriate signs will be put up stating that it is being monitored and any suspicious or illegal activity will be dealt with, and now it will because we have a designated officer for the area. The BC Parks official will be looking into the possibility of having a outhouse down at the main section and possibly on the south beach area.

We also agreed that we need to start getting the word out to take down license plates of people dumping up there and shooting off near "Little Iraq" and along the FSR. Call Crimestoppers and make an anonymous tip. Unless more people report this activity, nothing is going to happen, the government thinks that the place is fine cause they don't get complaints. I think that the Parks official was quite shocked to hear what all is going on up there. On a side note the residents of the area had no complaints against us offroaders or hikers, they all voiced that after 8:00pm the place turns pretty nasty.

If anyone has any questions about anything in that area, please ask away, I will answer to the best of my knowledge, if not I should be able to get the answer that is needed. I will be updating everyone on this in a couple of weeks after I talk to the Parks official.

Old 01-10-2007, 09:08 PM
BANNED
Swollen Member

Murd0c bad newbie
Sounds like some real productive work has been done. I really like it that Police people that live there and "wheelers" were there to voice there opinion.

I don't really see shooting at little Iraq is a problem better there then some where else but I do under stand the safety regarding it.

I think it would be better off for Davis to be closed or that only highly modified trucks can get in because it's just to hard to keep track of everyone that starts shit(dumping etc)

Good to see ya post Bitch
Old 01-10-2007, 09:16 PM
Now I see what FIBC is about

89yj Unknown Newbie
Good job guy, nice to see poeple taking action on things like this.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:58 PM
Sofa king wee todd did
Swollen Member

EIEIO bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murd0ug View Post
Sounds like some real productive work has been done. I really like it that Police people that live there and "wheelers" were there to voice there opinion.

I don't really see shooting at little Iraq is a problem better there then some where else but I do under stand the safety regarding it.

Its on a FSR, not allowed to shoot just off a FSR. Conservation officers and RCMP are starting to do little raids during the week and weekend around there. They have those little helo's now, you see em everywhere. They also have a bunch of 4x4 quads, and they dont mind trashing on them by the sounds of it.

I think it would be better off for Davis to be closed or that only highly modified trucks can get in because it's just to hard to keep track of everyone that starts shit(dumping etc)

Can't, its a Provincial Park, the old owners of the land (The Davis family) gave it back to the Province when they passed and asked for it always to remain open (this is what was said at the meeting from the BC Parks official and the couple that has been there for a long time). Its either pay or open, we opted for no pay seeing as pay sites are a little ways a way at Kenyon and Salsbury. And we couldn't just close a gate or anything, to many ways in to the lake, so we decided to keep it open. Have it monitored, and now that we have a RCMP dedicated to that area, that mind you loves to get out on his quad, getting this area cleaned up is a possibility.

Good to see ya post Bitch

If you remember my post about Davis from the members section last year in the summer, this means that I can do it with gov't backing and possibly funding.

Old 01-10-2007, 10:08 PM
go eat a big..
Swollen Member

BeerBaron666 bad newbie
Get'er done
Old 01-10-2007, 10:30 PM
Albatross
Swollen Member

barracuda bad newbie
I think the co had better double check the distance legally required from centerline (15M). but nevertheless i cant stand that place anyways . get rid of all the drunken inbreds rowdies LOL!
I really hope that they have some kind of to serve and protect camera group do a ridealong one day .

Last edited by barracuda : 01-10-2007 at 10:33 PM.
Old 01-10-2007, 10:33 PM
winter camping give me a
Swollen Member

Honky bad newbie
Time to find another lake
Old 01-11-2007, 10:02 AM
I think Honky has A funny
Swollen Member

Princess bad newbie
Good on ya Travis for being proactive on this
Old 01-11-2007, 10:16 AM
I don't want to Edit Title in 'User CP'
Swollen Member

BC_4RUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeBC_4RUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeBC_4RUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeBC_4RUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeBC_4RUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeBC_4RUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeBC_4RUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeBC_4RUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeBC_4RUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeBC_4RUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeBC_4RUNNER has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the update Travis

I still have photo's to get to you. They are big and lot'd of them so I can't just e-mail them to you. If you PM me your info I can zip them up and put them on a server for you.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:22 AM
Sofa king wee todd did
Swollen Member

EIEIO bad newbie
I think the government is giving us our chance to actually do soemthing by ourselves. There were conservation officers and ministry of environment there and I was telling them that we wheel through that area. They don't care about the wheelers, they don't like to see how many trails we have made through that area, but still are not mad about it. Just are upset with the car burns, grow op and meth shit (They found several barrels of hydrochloric acid thrown off the bank near the lake, had to get hazmat down there, that sounds like fun to swim in.), and cattle / animal slaughter dumpings. They are happy that we are using the area and getting out and exploring it.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:26 AM
Normal people make good pets
Swollen Member

Candiass bad newbie
thanks for the update Travis
Old 01-11-2007, 10:28 AM
The on board nurse is still scared of
Swollen Member

Always broke bad newbie
Good on ya Travis well done , Nice to see you posting
Old 01-11-2007, 10:45 AM
Stump hunter

Jeepnut Jeepnut Jeepnut Jeepnut Jeepnut Jeepnut Jeepnut Jeepnut Jeepnut Jeepnut Jeepnut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Always broke View Post
Good on ya Travis well done , Nice to see you posting

.....to bad about lititle Iraq

Stay away from my Moose Ribs
Old 01-11-2007, 01:29 PM
nout to do with me

norm bad newbie
Just curio,

What's little Iraq?
Old 01-11-2007, 01:47 PM
Not all who wander are lost.

Kinslayer Unknown Newbie
Pretty sure 'little iraq' is a reference to a couple of almost sand pits a little ways up that people used to wheel in (there's a hill climb section and whatnot) but don't any more because of tons of broken glass, bullet casings and burnt cars EVERYWHERE.