Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > All about your Ride > suzuki Talk

Old 12-08-2006, 06:26 PM
Prospect

BrentG bad newbie
LJ drivetrain opinions?

Well, my screaming 1000 finally packed it in with a cracked block, along with a t-case on it's last legs. Now I'm debating what engine, tranny, t-case, and axle combination to go with.
I want bigger, stronger axles with good gear ratio options, a goodsized engine but I also want to keep the weight down, and I will probably have to go for a standard tranny as I want to keep tunnel modifications to a minimum.

As of now I may have a line on a set of landcruiser axles with manual cable lockers front and rear, yes I know they are alot wider, but I am prepared for that. and I am thinking of going for a 4.3L fuel injected engine, as there are lots around, easy to wire in and run a pretty decent power.

I'm all ears and all opinions are helpful
I will be doing all the fabrication and wiring.

Thanks
Old 12-08-2006, 06:41 PM
FUCK CANCER
Swollen Member

B bad newbie
cool ... we just got rid of are sj that i was gonna toy diff w yj leafs still got em if ur other line dosen t work out .... 4.3 would be wicked but i think most just do the sidekick 8 or 16 vave swaps as to keep the wieght down ... my plan after the diff's was to go 22re 5 sp route as ive seen and driven a couple sami's that were swapped full toy gear and they seem to be good little machines .... w ur build ....

Originally Posted by Happypants
do you want this thread deleted?
Old 12-08-2006, 07:31 PM
Prospect

BrentG bad newbie
what do you want for those diffs and leafs?
you don't have any sj stuff kicking around do ya?
If I could find another sj 1.0L I would be ok for a while till I could find all the parts for the build
Old 12-09-2006, 09:26 AM
Mad Builder
Swollen Member

FU Toolbag bad newbie
I have one that is now residing on a 80?? toy truck frame that's bin sortened 24" The front mounts for the box line up almost perfect with the mounts under the seats of the lj. I still have about 2.5"between the engine and firewall, good thing it's just mocked up now, so I'm gona cut another 2" out of it. That lj frame isn't very strong and I'm thinking sbc in the future so the toy frame was a good fit. Was easier than puting toy axles under lj and repowering. I'll try and get some pics today when I go to the shop.
Old 12-09-2006, 10:25 AM
time to switch to whiskey

kamloopsyota bad newbie
damn that sounds cool okor, got any pics??
Old 12-09-2006, 12:01 PM
Mad Builder
Swollen Member

FU Toolbag bad newbie
Just came back from ranch with some pics.

lj1.JPG

lj2.JPG
still have too much room here and don't want to extend the front clip, so shorten the frame a little more.
lj3.JPG

lj4.JPG
original bolts fall in the holes. Had to pull them together about half inch. just used a comealong, worked great.
lj5.JPG
Gonna cut off frame behind the springs and plate the "extra" frame, maybee even put in a winch
lj6.JPG