Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > All about your Ride > General 4x4 Discussion

General 4x4 Discussion General discussion and questions that would apply to all makes.

Old 04-27-2005, 11:28 AM
Not a Newbie

ToyotaHEAD bad newbie
winshield trim

Dunno if this belongs here or in the Toyota section... But at any rate, I have an 89 4Runner (1st gen body style) They come with these GAY crome tine BS pieces that stick up off the windshield a lot. And I have since seen the same kinda 4Runner with what looked like a factory rubber window gasket. So I asked around as to where I could get it, or similar. Everywhere I go everyone says there isnt such a thing for these trucks. So I took my truck to the glass shop and they said they would use this edging. Of which I didnt think it would work out, turns out it didnt, and they got that black Urathane glue all over my 4day old paint job. So now I have this big mess. And I am tempted to get the glass cut back out and installed by a better glass shop. Just thought I would see if anyone here knows of where I may be able to find trim or a gasket for this application.

Thanks,

I had a: 81' Toyota, 2.5L 22RE, Celica EFI retro'd in, A340H Auto, 10" of lift, TSL 35x16 Boggers, 437 gears, Rear Detroit Locker, Onboard Air, Pimpin BULL BOLLZ!
Image Insert:

12.26spudKB
Old 04-27-2005, 12:03 PM
giv'er the rip!

wade and cleatus bad newbie
I got my gasket at toyota, it was about $80. Mine originally had the rubber gasket that had a channel in it where you would slip in the chrome plated plastic garbage. They asked me at the dealer if i wanted that one or just the plain rubber one, so i got the plain one.
Thats for an 82 p/u.

~A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush~
Old 04-27-2005, 12:05 PM
Not a Newbie

ToyotaHEAD bad newbie
ya 79-84 trucks had the option of either or... this vintage only came with this tin shit. When i was at toyota lastweek they were adimit there was no such rubber gasket available.

I had a: 81' Toyota, 2.5L 22RE, Celica EFI retro'd in, A340H Auto, 10" of lift, TSL 35x16 Boggers, 437 gears, Rear Detroit Locker, Onboard Air, Pimpin BULL BOLLZ!
Image Insert:

12.26spudKB
Old 04-27-2005, 12:17 PM
I have grown tolerant of pepper spray

Toyrantula bad newbie
Should have scuffed the chrome piece and then epoxy painted it.

"But alas, poor Yorek took the hardway out"

I`m hung like Einstein
and smart as a horse.
Old 04-27-2005, 02:12 PM
Not a Newbie

ToyotaHEAD bad newbie
That is just it. I dont want any of that tin on there. It sticks way to high up off the glass. And most of it was missing, Toyota wants a fortune and my left maple nut in trim, plus them gay plastic clips.

Image Insert:

12.26spudKB
Old 04-27-2005, 03:18 PM
I have grown tolerant of pepper spray

Toyrantula bad newbie
There has got to be one of those specialized weather trim places on the net. Wonder if truck TV or Extreme 4x4 might have a link?

You tried checking in any HotRod magazines for a place?

What about Pirate or yotatech forums?

I`m hung like Einstein
and smart as a horse.
Old 04-27-2005, 04:26 PM
RIP CHILLIWACK....

HEAVY METAL bad newbie
if you have the chrome pieces and the proper clips are used upon installation it will work just fine. they tried to use "universal" or " bulk" moulding. but your pinch weld is wider then the moulding will allow for. if you were my customer ( i wouldnt use the bulk moulding) and you werent happy with it i would re and re the windhield , making you pay difference for clips ( 12 bux)and you providing the stock trim pieces.

-----------------------

JESUS DID IT FOR THE CHICKS