Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > Tech Talk > Outdoor Products, accessories or inventions

Outdoor Products, accessories or inventions discuss Any product, service, accessories, gadgets, or inventions you have made or found interesting. This can be about your truck or anything to do with outdoor fun ie. hunting, camping, 4x4ing, hiking, skiing etc.

Old 08-08-2016, 11:41 AM

Bigmike Good newbie
The Bosch cost compared to my complete heating system

Quote:
Originally Posted by doit View Post
http://www.bosch-climate.us/products...rm-520-hn.html I can get that for around 800$ it's ready for propane. And doesn't need power. It is rated for outdoors. It is capable for your hot tube idea and at the same time you can run a cabin off it. You would need a pump still. Because it works off flow. And a small piece of pipe to point the exhaust away.

When you consider the heater unit I'm selling for $950 which is plug and play ready I don't think I'm asking to much.

http://abbotsford.craigslist.ca/rvs/5688808611.html

Let me know if anyone is interest in ordering one. Mike
Old 08-09-2016, 08:55 AM
Out-N-About

doit Good newbie
Ok I was asking at a dif. Supplier and one of the guys there told me his dad has this kind out of the states. He uses it for making beer and cleaning his pots. He told me there are 300-400$ and are on propane. He said they are amazing little units and portable. They are called Eco temp on demand. I'll do a little more research into this unit and see if it will work for this application.
Old 08-09-2016, 09:01 AM
Out-N-About

doit Good newbie
Well what do you know. It's same as that guy is selling but half the price . Here's the web site. http://www.eccotemp.com/eccotemp-l7-...-water-heater/ Anyways I hope I helped if you want one of these ill get in touch with the Canadian rep for this company and see what kinda deals I can work out for you. But if you get one I want a invite to the hot tub party
Old 08-09-2016, 09:17 AM
Wheeling a Golf Cart gives me a

harvester_sorrow Good newbie
Looks like a handy unit. Just need a 12v pump that puts out the right pressure
Old 08-09-2016, 09:44 AM
winter camping give me a
Swollen Member

Honky bad newbie
LoOKs like a great unit but the flow rate is only 1.59 gpm is it the same one? His shows as 3gpm
Old 08-09-2016, 11:39 AM
winter camping give me a
Swollen Member

Honky bad newbie
I wonder with a flow rate that ignites the heater would that be quirky if the intake gets a bit clogged with debris or the battery is not a 100%
Old 08-09-2016, 02:49 PM
Out-N-About

doit Good newbie
You rock a strainer. On the intake. All on demands inside out side should have one it's a very important part to that unit. You def don't want sand sticks water bugs fish or whatever clogging up the exchanger. Lol.
Old 08-09-2016, 02:53 PM

Bigmike Good newbie
Actually your're incorrect Sir.

Quote:
Well what do you know. It's same as that guy is selling but half the price . Here's the web site. http://www.eccotemp.com/eccotemp-l7-...-water-heater/ Anyways I hope I helped if you want one of these ill get in touch with the Canadian rep for this company and see what kinda deals I can work out for you. But if you get one I want a invite to the hot tub party
Actually if you research a little harder you will know that this isn't the same unit I use with my systems its the Ecotemp L10 great unit and by the way you seem to keep comparing JUST the heaters you come up with to my ENTIRE setup. Do you research and then have an intelligent conversation!

Regards
Old 08-09-2016, 02:55 PM
Out-N-About

doit Good newbie
The pump package is only a extra 50$
Old 08-09-2016, 02:56 PM
Out-N-About

doit Good newbie
Don't get me wrong !! The Eccotemp L10 pack is a sweet little unit for sure I'm going to order a couple .No more stinky hunting trips and it's super lightweight. The little 12v pump is decent but I'll upgrade to grundfos hahah and tweak the output a bit. Change the flow orfices get it sending out 4 gpm. To a manifold. Have a hole camp set up. Very very very. Cool thread. Thanks honky for this. You opened a whole new side to camping and at a affordable cost 385$ for the package is crazy. My brother paid 250 for a Colman shower system that sucks

Last edited by doit : 08-09-2016 at 03:08 PM.
Old 08-09-2016, 03:09 PM

Bigmike Good newbie
Quote:
Your set up is a nice deal for sure.
Thank you, I've spent a great deal of R&D into my design and where it stands out is that on demand heaters auto time out after a specific time being on for some reason but my system is smart enough stay on as long as you want so that you never have to get out of the hob tub to turn the power on and off as a reset. I guess you can say I'm lazy but If I'm in the hot tub drinking beers that's exactly where I want to stay and not be bothered. The remote kit I offer is sweet and again it's so convenient to just click a button on the remote to fire up the tub when you want to or if it's sitting outside a shower tent you can simply click the on button on the remote and you have hot water in seconds in your outdoor shower.

If you consider this unit & price to say a Zodi high output hotwater system you're looking at thousands and still no remote.

Old 08-12-2016, 10:49 AM
The on board nurse is still scared of
Swollen Member

Always broke bad newbie
Cool thread sure opens up some options