Fun In B.C.  

Welcome to the Fun In B.C. forums. your outdoor adventure headquarters.

As guest on our site, you have the chance to take a look around and get an idea of what we're all about. Feel free to check out some of the current topics of discussion and some of the stories of adventure gone by, by clicking on the top right picture to view past "Pictures of the week" .

Don't be shy, come on in. By joining our free community you'll be able to join in the fun with other outdoor adventurers and find out about upcoming events. you will also get access to View posted pictures. Stop sitting on the outside looking in, join today it's easy and it's FREE.

It's time for you to start having FUN..... in BC!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

HOTMAIL USERS: Check your 'junk mail' folder for the confirmation message and add 'funinbc.com' to your safe list so you don't miss anymore important emails from us.

Go Back   Fun In B.C. > Adventure B.C. > General outdoor Discussion

General outdoor Discussion For any outdoor adventure. Trail talk, camping, skiing, hiking, etc If itís outside and fun talk about it here.

Old 03-21-2016, 03:36 PM
Wheeling a Golf Cart gives me a

harvester_sorrow Good newbie
Thats whisky throttle
Old 03-30-2016, 10:10 PM
I got kicked and now have a
Swollen Member

kootenaycat bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Mulisha View Post
ya i have narrowed it down to either the '16 Grizzly 700 or the Wolverine......just not sure if i wanna put out the extra bucks for SxS. How has the Teryx been for reliablity?
I bought it used and it was an oil burner but that was the previous owners fault. Did the top end on it last fall and it's been a good machine. Only issue with Kawi V-twins that I know of are the weak valves. Mine was hard starting cold due to low compression from the intakes being tight. The valve heads actually deform making for tight valve clearance. I replaced all the valves when I did pistons and rings on mine. Not cheap but little bit of reassurance I won't drop a valve eventually.

My buddy loves his Wolverine, lives in Sask and says it handles any rough trail he puts it thru. He had a rzr and a teryx before and says hands down the yammy is way better.
Old 03-30-2016, 10:15 PM
I got kicked and now have a
Swollen Member

kootenaycat bad newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honky View Post
Have been missing your adventure pics. I'd love to go quading with you this summer
Yah life changes over the last couple years has taken a toll on me posting pics on here, Facebook is about the only place I share them when I have time

Offer still stands if you and a group want to head this way. Atoyot messaged me a couple weeks ago looking for some options out here, hope to meet up for some riding when he's out.
Old 03-31-2016, 11:29 AM
Quit Looking At My
Swollen Member

Metal Mulisha Good newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by kootenaycat View Post
I bought it used and it was an oil burner but that was the previous owners fault. Did the top end on it last fall and it's been a good machine. Only issue with Kawi V-twins that I know of are the weak valves. Mine was hard starting cold due to low compression from the intakes being tight. The valve heads actually deform making for tight valve clearance. I replaced all the valves when I did pistons and rings on mine. Not cheap but little bit of reassurance I won't drop a valve eventually.

My buddy loves his Wolverine, lives in Sask and says it handles any rough trail he puts it thru. He had a rzr and a teryx before and says hands down the yammy is way better.

Great info, thanks......hearing nothing but good things about the Wolverine
Old 03-31-2016, 02:13 PM

kore Unknown Newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by kootenaycat View Post

I have an 07 brute force 650, 4000kms 430 hours.

I had the same valve issue, where the intakes would tighten up after one ride, and it couldnt build enough compression to start. Same thing, I changed the intake valves, the heads were all sunken/stretched..

Im not sure what causes this, it could simply be weak materials. Or perhaps since it was used, maybe somebody drove it with a dirty dirty air filter which ruined the valves.
If it was running lean the exhaust valves would be done too, mine were just fine so I reused them. Replaced timing chains, good for another 4000kms. It rips and is very reliable. V twin power!!